Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine's 1984 solo tour

I recently pulled out my slim amount of bootlegs from her solo tour. I have to give her props for performing every song from her album (not always in the entire set). In addition she also performed these FM songs:

Spare Me A Little
Just Crazy Love
World Turning
Say You Love Me
Over My Head
Don't Stop
You Make Loving Fun
Songbird
Hold Me

One rarity is a song called Too Much Is Not Enough. She mentions that the band wrote it together but it was cut from the album for space issues. This leads me to believe that there might be a studio version that never saw the light of day. It's a rocking song with an intricate chorus vocal. Anyone know about this?

Also, another obscurity to me: a studio duet she sings with Todd Sharp called We Were Lonely. I suspect that Todd wrote it. However it's hard to tell if it was recorded during her solo sessions. I wonder if it appeared on a Todd Sharp solo album, if there is such a thing!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too Much Is Not Enough was featured in the laserdisc documentary of the making of the 1984 album, just as an instrumental though. There isn't a copy of the actual song floating around and since the song didn't have any vocals on the laserdisc, it's my estimation that it never was finished since it wasn't going to fit on the album.

We Were Lonely was on Todd Sharp's 1986 LP Who Am I. You can download the album at the link below. I personally transferred the album from LP to digital format.

Todd Sharp - Who Am I (Features Christine and Billy)
http://www.mediafire.com/?qmz9sjjxhm0
I Want Something More
I Don't Want To Leave You
Young Man
We Were Lonely
I'm The One
I'll Never Let You Go
The House Next Door
Alone But Not Lonely
Now I'm Strong
Don't Change It

Matt
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Too Much Is Not Enough was featured in the laserdisc documentary of the making of the 1984 album, just as an instrumental though. There isn't a copy of the actual song floating around and since the song didn't have any vocals on the laserdisc, it's my estimation that it never was finished since it wasn't going to fit on the album.

We Were Lonely was on Todd Sharp's 1986 LP Who Am I. You can download the album at the link below. I personally transferred the album from LP to digital format.

Todd Sharp - Who Am I (Features Christine and Billy)
http://www.mediafire.com/?qmz9sjjxhm0
I Want Something More
I Don't Want To Leave You
Young Man
We Were Lonely
I'm The One
I'll Never Let You Go
The House Next Door
Alone But Not Lonely
Now I'm Strong
Don't Change It

Matt
Thanks Matt! I barely remembered that there was a laserdisc! Can't say that I ever saw that. I do, though, have a murky VHS copy of the concert that was released on video...the one that featured the very funny video she made for Love Will Show Us How. How sad that these have fallen into complete obscurity, likely never to be reissued in any other format.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Thanks Matt! I barely remembered that there was a laserdisc! Can't say that I ever saw that. I do, though, have a murky VHS copy of the concert that was released on video...the one that featured the very funny video she made for Love Will Show Us How. How sad that these have fallen into complete obscurity, likely never to be reissued in any other format.
It used to be on YouTube in its entirety.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It used to be on YouTube in its entirety.
I had it posted along with the laserdisc documentary. I took them down because I didn't want another one of my YouTube accounts to be cancelled.

Matt
Old 10-10-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I recently pulled out my slim amount of bootlegs from her solo tour. I have to give her props for performing every song from her album (not always in the entire set). In addition she also performed these FM songs:

Spare Me A Little
Just Crazy Love
World Turning
Say You Love Me
Over My Head
Don't Stop
You Make Loving Fun
Songbird
Hold Me

One rarity is a song called Too Much Is Not Enough. She mentions that the band wrote it together but it was cut from the album for space issues. This leads me to believe that there might be a studio version that never saw the light of day. It's a rocking song with an intricate chorus vocal. Anyone know about this?

Also, another obscurity to me: a studio duet she sings with Todd Sharp called We Were Lonely. I suspect that Todd wrote it. However it's hard to tell if it was recorded during her solo sessions. I wonder if it appeared on a Todd Sharp solo album, if there is such a thing!
Saw this show and it was amazing... the tv concert was no where near the intensity of the live show in Cleveland...
Old 10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could anyone post a boot of this show?? or send a torrent this way...thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Spare Me A Little
Just Crazy Love
World Turning
Say You Love Me
Over My Head
Don't Stop
You Make Loving Fun
Songbird
Hold Me

Hmm, that surprises me. I knew that she and LB wrote World Turning together, but it doesn't strike me as one she would do solo. I think that's cool. Does anyone know if she did it on other tours and stuff?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the tour itinerary for Christine's 1984 tour for anyone that's interested: http://www.fmlegacy.com/concertscmv.html

Matt
Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Here's the tour itinerary for Christine's 1984 tour for anyone that's interested: http://www.fmlegacy.com/concertscmv.html
I wish there was a more accurate list/resource than this one, which doesn't even include all the shows that she ended up canceling (which were many).
Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Why did she cancel so many shows? Poor ticket sales?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
Hmm, that surprises me. I knew that she and LB wrote World Turning together, but it doesn't strike me as one she would do solo. I think that's cool. Does anyone know if she did it on other tours and stuff?
I believe that, aside from that one solo tour, Christine never performed anywhere outside of Fleetwood Mac. Given the mostly light-weight nature of her songs from her solo album, World Turning added a much needed dimension to her show.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe that, aside from that one solo tour, Christine never performed anywhere outside of Fleetwood Mac.
You mean, of course, since she joined Fleetwood Mac. She performed with Chicken Shack in the earlier days.

Did Chris ever do any "guest appearances" with any other artists? MacFan will probably know.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
You mean, of course, since she joined Fleetwood Mac. She performed with Chicken Shack in the earlier days.

Did Chris ever do any "guest appearances" with any other artists? MacFan will probably know.
Once again, the Legacy can help provide answers: http://www.fmlegacy.com/CmcVguests.html

Matt
Old 10-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post

I believe she did do a guest appearance in at least 1 show with Bob Welch. There are a few pictures of her with Bob during his show in 1978.

She also did that very short tour in England with the Christine Perfect Band in late 1969.