The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:13 AM

Todd, did Courtney bring anything to this role that surprised you?

Oh, yes. She’s got such an enormous life force, and she brought in all of this energy, even in ways that she doesn’t know. She just, as an interpreter of someone else’s music, brings all of her color and artistry to it, so the songs had to fit themselves to her. I think it’s actually brought them to life in a way that they weren’t alive. There’s a song that takes place in the story where she and I – we play lovers who come together and go apart and come back together in a strange way – but the part where we’re splitting up is a long, slow lovely song with these long phrases that quietly unfold themselves. And Courtney’s like, ‘I just had a major impulse,’ and she showed me Fleetwood Mac live from the 1982 “Mirage” tour doing “The Chain,” where Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are singing at each other and for the audience, and there’s a lot of history and hatred and love. And it was such an explosive performance that I went back to the drawing board and kind of rethought that song. Courtney and I sat in my living room with a guitar and we rethought that whole moment.
So there were specific moments like that where Courtney had intellectual thoughts on the piece that changed it, but also, she just has a spiritual effect on the piece that revolutionized it.

http://www.miami.com/courtney-love-m...eunion-article
Old 12-04-2016, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Courtney Love interview] Fashion Week Daily Courtney Love’s Theater
Performance Comes to Miami By Paige Reddinger | December 2, 2016

https://fashionweekdaily.com/courtne...miami-musical/

We hear you based one scene on a Fleetwood Mac video from the ’80s. How so?

Love: I’m a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, and my favorite song of theirs is “The Chain.” There’s a very operatic YouTube video of Stevie [Nicks] and Lindsey [Buckingham] where they’re coked out of their minds and they hate each other’s guts. You know, this is all public information, but it’s Kabuki opera in a lot of ways. It’s a really great clip. And so I showed it to Todd, and we kind of hustled and he altered one song to kind of fit that paradigm.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a Nerdspan review of a comic book]

http://www.nerdspan.com/dec-7-oni-pr...oldest-winter/

HEARTTHROB VOLUME 1: NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN
(W) Christopher Sebela
(A/CA) Robert Wilson IV
(C) Nick Filardi

AGE RANGE: 15 and up
GENRE: Crime
PRICE: $9.99
136 PAGES

Callie was born with a bad heart. After it ruined her life, she went looking for a miracle: a heart transplant. Now she’s got a brand new heart, but she’s still stuck with a crappy job, crappy boyfriend, and crappy prospects.
Enter Mercer, a mystery man who gets Callie’s heart beating like crazy. As her behavior changes and their flirting deepens, Mercer reveals he’s her heart donor. Only Callie can see, speak to, and touch him—and he’s in love with her, a love she feels just as strongly.

A master thief when he died, Mercer offers to teach Callie his criminal ways and how to turn them against her old job and kick off a nationwide crime spree. Hunted by the FBI and popping heart meds to stay alive, Callie will find out that nothing’s as scary as two people in love with nothing to lose.
This volume collects the first five issues of one of 2016’s most critically acclaimed new series. This 70’s crime comic mixes romance and heists in a story about second chances, Fleetwood Mac, and a bank robbery spree fueled by love and revenge. Priced at only $9.99, it’s an easy hand-sell to fans of titles like Sex Criminals or Fight Club, making it a perfect opportunity to hook new readers prior to the continuation of the monthly series in early 2017.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:43 AM

Today in entertainment history: Dec. 5

1975: The self-titled album “Fleetwood Mac” was certified gold in the U.S. It was the first one with Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

http://kpug1170.com/news/030030-0300...story-dec-5-2/
Old 12-11-2016, 03:46 PM

Default I found this very funny

Rocker Rod Stewart welcomed back by budget hotel Holiday Inn after they lift 40-year ban for throwing ‘wild parties’
The 71-year-old was barred in the 1970s after throwing wild parties with his band Faces - inviting hundreds of girls back

Rod, 71, was barred in the 1970s after throwing wild after-show parties with his band Faces.
He told Late Late Show host James Corden that the ban meant they had to check in as Fleetwood Mac.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...-wild-parties/

I wonder if he checked as Stevie or Christine.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:02 PM

Watch: Lorde and her famous friends join forces for epic Fleetwood Mac cover
Kiwi songbird Lorde, who has been keeping a low profile recently, has delivered a stunning performance in the name of charity in New York.

Lorde made a surprise appearance at Webster Hall, in aid of homeless LGBTQ young people.
Together with Jack Antonoff, she performed a cover version of Robyn's Hang With Me.
Later on, she also took to the stage with Carly Rae Jepsen and Chvrches to sing Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way.
Lorde and Antonoff are working together on Lorde's second album, the long-awaited follow-up to 2013's Pure Heroine.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/ente...wood-mac-cover
Old 12-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[The truth is, I think Prince actually did have more of a thing for FM than people know]

Billboard [The Revolution Remembers Prince] by Jem Aswad December 12, 2016, 11:53am EST

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ev...-final-moments

Z: What we call the "movie band" -- the band you’re talking to right now -- these are the people who were committed. The guys in the early days [Cymone and Dickerson] made it very clear to Prince that they had solo careers. Prince was frustrated by that, and it wasn't until Wendy joined -- until his dream of a Fleetwood Mac-style band came true -- that it really became the band he wanted it to be. That first time Wendy jammed with us at soundcheck on “Controversy” … It’s like when you’d hear the Beatles talking about when they found Ringo. You just knew that was the future, and Purple Rain is the testament to that. I think The Revolution was the last band Prince was really in -- he was the bandleader after that.

The Revolution evolved gradually over several years, with all of the members joining during (or shortly after) their teens. Minneapolis native Z first met Prince in 1976, a few months before the 18-year-old boy wonder signed his deal with Warner Bros. Z's friend Fink joined before the band's concert debut in January 1979. Coleman replaced keyboardist Gayle Chapman the following year; Brown took over for bassist Andre Cymone the next. Even the band's name took years to emerge, first appearing -- written backwards -- on the cover of the 1999 album. Finally, Melvoin -- Coleman's childhood friend (their fathers were L.A. session musicians) and then-girlfriend -- replaced guitarist Dez Dickerson in mid-1983. While Sly & the Family Stone seems the most obvious reference, as Z puts it, "Prince's dream of a Fleetwood Mac-style band came true."
Old 01-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a New Zealand Herald article about live shows]

Kerre McIvor: Nothing beats thrill of live action Jan 15, 2017

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11781686

But there's something magical about seeing superstars in the flesh - especially when it's in an intimate environment. I saw Fleetwood Mac in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and even though the MGM Arena isn't exactly a club venue, we were five or six rows from the front in a 16,000 seat arena.

We were close enough to see the sweat on Stevie's face and it was magical. So magical that I decided from then on, I wanted to have experiences rather than things. It was the catalyst behind dragging my Irishman halfway across the world to the Slieve Donard Hotel in Northern Ireland to see Van Morrison in concert after my husband finally conceded that the one person he'd really like to see live in concert was Van the Man.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:04 AM

I did this trivia quiz, it was fun because I actually answered everything right but the first question in which you have to complete the lyrics for Don't stop, I never truly liked that song.

WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top tribute show prompts ultimate trivia test

Friday's City Hall world tour gig, celebrated here by East Coast (of UK) Black Magic Woman tribute footage, promises to feature tracks aplenty from '88 greatest hits collection, encompassing half a century's classic content from The White Album, Tusk, Rumours, Mirage and Tango In The Night, while our top 25 posers will prove if you're truly Mac-nificent!

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/gi...test-1-8348844
Old 01-24-2017, 11:07 AM

25/25... pretty easy, however..
Old 01-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, 25.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Decider.com

http://decider.com/2017/01/23/netfli...fleetwood-mac/

Netflix’s ‘The Defenders’ Won’t Work Together – But They’ll Sleep Together
By Brett White @brettwhite

Superheroes team up now. That’s what they do. We no longer live in a world where superheroes are either a solo act or a member of an ensemble; much like in the comics, members of the super-set pull double duty. The majority of the Avengers have their solo projects, and the same goes for the Justice League. Soon this will be true for another super group when Netflix‘s four headlining Marvel heroes (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) come together to form Marvel’s Defenders.

But the Defenders have something different going on, something that sets them apart from their big screen counterparts. To put it quasi-delicately, they’re all boning. Seriously. The Defenders are the Fleetwood Mac of superhero teams

The classic lineup of Fleetwood Mac, a classic rock band known for singing moody songs about witches and chains, consisted of Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood. When they came together in the mid-’70s, Nicks and Buckingham were in a long-term relationship and the McVies were married. After the release of the “Fleetwood Mac” album, though, everything went to hell. Christine cheated on John with the band’s lighting director, Fleetwood’s wife cheated on him with another ex-Mac guitarist, and Buckingham and Nicks separated. While recording their 1977 album Rumours, everyone in Fleetwood Mac divorced everyone — and then Mick Fleetwood started hooking up with Stevie Nicks! The band released Rumours and stayed together, because you don’t break up when you release an album that turns you into stone-cold millionaires (Rumours is the eighth best-selling album of all time). They followed it up with 1979’s Tusk and didn’t slow down until the late ’80s. After all the heartbreak and drama, the classic quintet got back together in 1997 and is still together today.

Marvel’s Defenders stars Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage (Mike Colter), and Iron Fist (Finn Jones). In supporting roles, the series also features Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson), Misty Knight (Simone Missick), Karen Page (Deborah Ann Woll), and Elektra (Elodie Yung). Starting with the core quartet, things get complicated. Jessica and Luke got busy on her series. Luke hooked up with Misty Knight and got all romantic with Claire Temple in his series. Claire Temple previously slept with Daredevil, and Daredevil has also slept with Elektra and dated Karen Page (who also kinda dated Daredevil’s sidekick Foggy Nelson, who is also in Defenders played by Elden Henson). Things get even more complicated when you factor in that in the comics, Iron Fist and Misty Knight have had an off-and-on thing for decades. So to sum things up, Luke Cage is on a superhero team with his ex (Jessica Jones), his current girlfriend’s ex (Daredevil), and a guy (Iron Fist) that may soon hook up with a girl he briefly had a thing for.

See? Netflix’s Defenders are the Fleetwood Mac of superhero teams — and that’s perfect. From the get-go, Marvel’s Netflix shows have presented audiences with messier, rawer heroes — ones that beat themselves up (Daredevil), wrestle with past traumas (Jones), ignore their responsibilities (Cage) and, well, whatever self-destructive habits Iron Fist will have. And all of them (well, we’re presuming with Iron Fist) have sexual lives, just like other real, messy humans.

By comparison, the big screen Avengers are more like the Traveling Wilburys; they’re a super group made up of big name individuals, but none of them are getting busy with each other (although there has to be some George Harrison/Tom Petty slash out there somewhere). Okay, Black Widow and Hulk had a bit of a thing in “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” but they just lock lips once. Otherwise, Hawkeye’s married and has kids; Thor and Captain America have kissy moments with Jane Foster and Peggy Carter, but nothing more; and Tony Stark’s a ladies man, but he’s committed to Pepper Potts for the better part of a decade. While the Avengers are dressed to the nines and partying in Stark’s swanky tower, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are shacked up in a dark bedroom causing light property damage.

This one mature-rated difference could be key to predicting how the four Defenders will work together when they team up later this year. We already know Daredevil, Jones, and Cage aren’t team players; Jones particularly doesn’t play well with others, and you just know she’s going to give Daredevil’s unwavering morality a middle finger. But sleeping with someone, or even having an extreme crush on someone, ignites messy, totally irrational feelings. What happens when those feelings/gasoline are tossed onto a personality clash/garbage fire? Think about it: can you imagine being tasked to save the world with some combination of your ex, your current partner’s ex, and your ex’s current partner — or all of the above? This is uncharted territory for superhero team-ups, and “Defenders” is poised to go where the “Avengers” films can’t (unless they want to test their PG-13 rating with steamy material).

If Fleetwood Mac’s members could power through recording sessions where they had to sing their ex’s songs about their breakup, then the Defenders can get through whatever Sigourney Weaver’s mystery villain has in store for them. After all, Fleetwood Mac’s sexual drama resulted in a masterpiece called “Rumours.” We can only hope Marvel’s The Defenders gives us the same amount of moody atmosphere, building tension and frenetic energy as “The Chain.”

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-28-2017, 03:18 PM

Default I'm surprised there's also the Italian act "Premiata Forneria Marconi"

‘Rockin’ the City of Angels’: Inside Douglas Harr’s Great New Book

Rockin’ the City of Angels, my first publication, is off the presses, in the warehouse and now available for purchase. Here’s a bit about the book and how I came to write it so many years later.

When I was a teenager way back in the 1970s, I was lucky enough to be able to attend dozens of rock concerts staged in Los Angeles, the City of Angels. Rock music had become increasingly relevant to my life, and I was drawn to complex works and the challenging, sometimes fantastical elements of the genre known as “progressive rock.” My collection of records and concert ticket-book grew to include prog-rock bands like Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Emerson Lake and Palmer, and Pink Floyd – along with the more creative and powerful of their harder-rocking contemporaries like Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac and Queen, as well as bands from North America like Kansas, Styx, and Heart.

My youthful fascination grew into a lifelong passion for music in general, and for progressive or classical rock music in particular. My enthusiasm was stoked by seeing these bands live in concert, where increasingly elaborate theatrical productions dramatized the themes of many of these concept albums. These concerts were almost religion to my growing list of fellow concertgoers.

I wrote Rockin’ the City of Angels as homage to rock music of the ‘70s — in concert and on film. It tells the story of more than three-dozen key concert performances from this era, illuminating the genius of the best progressive and classical rock acts whose concerts I was lucky enough to attend. I spent two years tracking down a selection of iconic photographs from those unforgettable events. In the process, I’ve been fortunate to meet many of the talented photojournalists of the era – including Neal Preston, Armando Gallo, Jorgen Angel, Neil Zlozower, Lisa Tanner, Jim Summaria and many others. Many thanks go out to these artists, who captured these consummate rock musicians in their prime, frozen in time in arresting images.

In addition, I’ve combed through more than 100 rock films from the decade, all part of my private collection. TV appearances, professionally filmed 35mm movies — even celluloid left in the can for years, sometimes decades after light hit the film — are finally getting home video or streaming media release. I remember going to see many of these films at the local cinema that featured Led Zeppelin, Yes, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Paul McCartney and Wings, and so many others. Now, just about every major band of the era can be seen performing live in one format or another, thanks to the dedicated teams at Eagle Rock Entertainment, Warner Home Video, and others who are helping to keep their legacies alive and to introduce the power and majesty of this adventurous music to new generations.

Although some of these bands are still touring, their time is waning, and soon these films will be the only way to recapture their extraordinary live performances. I believe these films are important documents of rock music performance in our life times. Those of us who were there found more than just good times at these concerts. Those shows brought us together to share profound, even life-changing experiences that bonded us forever.

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2017...las-harr-book/
Old 01-30-2017, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I was watching Mork and Mindy on Antenna TV this morning. Season 1 episode 8 from 1978. Remember that Mindy's dad owns the music store. A customer comes in and is looking at albums. Mindy picks up the Rumours album and says "if you really like Fleetwood Mac, this record is for you because it has all the music you like" or something like that. She flips the album once so you see the back cover and then the front cover. The name of the episode is "To tell the truth."
Old 01-31-2017, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article about ticket scalping]

TCBmag.com by Tad Simons January 30, 2017

High concert prices get all the headlines, but it’s also true that there are plenty of deals available on the secondary ticket market—for example, when Stevie Nicks performed solo at Xcel Energy Center on December 6 (see infographic). Ticket King’s Nowakowski lost some money that night. “It turns out that when Stevie Nicks isn’t playing with Fleetwood Mac, her tickets are worthless,” he says. “But that’s the way it goes sometimes.”

http://tcbmag.com/Industries/Sports-...icket-Scalping