User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
Resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed the best place to file these anecdotes...I think I would have beat the sh*t out of them, myself...

Almost as soon as the reception of Pacific Ocean Blue suggested that Dennis might have a meaningful life outside The Beach Boys, it all started to fall apart. In the carefree pre-Manson days, Denny and his pals Gregg Jakobson and Terry Melcher had a self-explantory boys club they called The Golden Penetrators, complete with gold-painted car parked on the Wilson property. And these were married men. Dennis was the cliched male who thought with his cock, and whatever advice it gave he accepted unquestioningly. But as ’60s consciousness exploration and freedom were corrupted by ’70s chemical abuse and indulgence, things took on an increasingly ugly edge. Ed Roach remembers coming to blows with Dennis at Christine McVie’s home when she and The Beach Boy were involved. “It was over a woman,” he admits somewhat sheepishly. “A ridiculous fight all over the house, while Fleetwood Mac were out on the road. Christine had bought an antique piano bench from Tallulah Bankhead, worth $10,000, and Dennis cracked it over my back. I jumped and grabbed the crystal chandelier to kick him like Errol Flynn and the whole thing came crashing down. It was crazy, and the excess fuel in our systems didn’t help.” And, it must be pointed out, the woman they were brawling over was neither Dennis’ girlfriend nor Ed’s domestic partner, but the wife of another Mac member. As the ’70s progressed, the penetrations were no longer so golden.

But the Dennis Wilson who burned Christine McVie’s pool house to the ground – prompting her pointedly dry remark to Gregg Jakobson, “A bit excessive, your friend Dennis, isn’t he?” – was also the same man-child who had a large heart composed of red and white flowers planted in McVie’s garden, where he serenaded her backed by a string quartet. (That Chris ultimately wound up with the bill in no way diminishes the gesture of a man who, when he had it, happily gave away everything he had.)
A decade earlier he had confided to a friend, “I could probably never be happier in my life, could never make things better than I have them right now, yet I know I’m gonna **** it up. It’s not that I think that, I know it. I have to **** it up. I don’t know why. It’s just too perfect, so I’ve gotta **** it up.”
Jenny? Or Julie?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Jenny? Or Julie?
Maybe??????
Sara Fleetwood, although they probably were not married yet.
Didn't Carol Ann, Sara, and Dennis hang while The Mac were on the road. Didn't Lindsey say Dennis slept with his girlfriend. Maybe it was Carol Ann.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Jenny? Or Julie?
Interesting.

Michele
Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
Maybe??????
Sara Fleetwood, although they probably were not married yet.
Didn't Carol Ann, Sara, and Dennis hang while The Mac were on the road. Didn't Lindsey say Dennis slept with his girlfriend. Maybe it was Carol Ann.
Yes, you are right. I thought it was referring to Carol Ann. Wasn't there something about Ed Roach in her book "Storms?" Let me ck on that.....................................yes, he is in there.

Page 217-217 "On some nights Dennis would bring Ed Roach along and the 4 of us would have a blast. Ed was one of Dennis's childhood friends. He was handsome, perenially tanned, and had the same cavalier, dashing presence as his buddy Dennis. Already a renowned photographer, he would become an L.A. club owner and entrepreneur in the years to come."

She also refers to him in the acknowledgments as letting her use his fabulous photos in the book. So they obviously knew each other.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Mojo 2002

Ed Roach remembers coming to blows with Dennis at Christine McVie’s home when she and The Beach Boy were involved. “It was over a woman,” he admits somewhat sheepishly. “A ridiculous fight all over the house, while Fleetwood Mac were out on the road. Christine had bought an antique piano bench from Tallulah Bankhead, worth $10,000, and Dennis cracked it over my back. I jumped and grabbed the crystal chandelier to kick him like Errol Flynn and the whole thing came crashing down. It was crazy, and the excess fuel in our systems didn’t help.” And, it must be pointed out, the woman they were brawling over was neither Dennis’ girlfriend nor Ed’s domestic partner, but the wife of another Mac member. As the ’70s progressed, the penetrations were no longer so golden.

But the Dennis Wilson who burned Christine McVie’s pool house to the ground – prompting her pointedly dry remark to Gregg Jakobson, “A bit excessive, your friend Dennis, isn’t he?” – was also the same man-child who had a large heart composed of red and white flowers planted in McVie’s garden, where he serenaded her backed by a string quartet. (That Chris ultimately wound up with the bill in no way diminishes the gesture of a man who, when he had it, happily gave away everything he had.)

The last time I saw Dennis Wilson was in a Hollywood restaurant. He was with Christine McVie, whom I actually knew much better. She waved me over and asked if I’d met Dennis. When I reminded him of our previous encounters, he responded with such enthusiastic affirmation that it was obvious he didn’t really remember them at all. You didn’t feel inclined to take this personally, because Dennis was so fully in the moment, and (usually) so much fun to be around, that people simply treasured their time with him and forgot the rest. But was he really “in the moment”? For with all his manic embrace of experience, in every moment he inhabited he was already restlessly reaching for the next one. His inexhaustible reserves of energy would never allow him to alight in any one place for very long. And woe to those who tried to hang on; his personal highway was littered with the wrecks of five marriages and countless relationships. It was as if he thought that if he kept running as fast as he could he might somehow arrive at a place where he and the world would finally be in sync. He never did. No one could keep up. Beneath that tidal wave of charm, fellowship and good cheer, he just might have been one of the loneliest men alive.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you bumping this thread, I will enjoy reading all the posts, I'm trying to find out more about Dennis and Christine.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Thank you bumping this thread, I will enjoy reading all the posts, I'm trying to find out more about Dennis and Christine.
+1. I think Christine's time with Dennis is far & away the most fascinating relationship in Mac history.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
+1. I think Christine's time with Dennis is far & away the most fascinating relationship in Mac history.
I tend to agree. It's unique that's for sure.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
From Mojo 2002

Ed Roach remembers coming to blows with Dennis at Christine McVie’s home when she and The Beach Boy were involved. “It was over a woman,” he admits somewhat sheepishly. “A ridiculous fight all over the house, while Fleetwood Mac were out on the road. Christine had bought an antique piano bench from Tallulah Bankhead, worth $10,000, and Dennis cracked it over my back.
Tallulah Bankhead... Both Chris and Stevie seem to have been very entranced with old hollywood actresses. Chris fascinates me, she seems like such a gentle soul. She withstood so much with Dennis, "Only Over You" now speaks to me so much more.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Broadway World

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwbook...house-20161116

Scott Wilson, Son of Beach Boy Dennis Wilson, to Host Book Signing at Promenade Playhouse November 16. 2016

Natalia Lazarus and The Promenade Playhouse are thrilled to announce, Scott Wilson (Son of Dennis Wilson), will be signingcopies of his new book, "Son Of A Beach Boy - My Dad, Dennis Wilson" - Scott will be present this weekend only at The Promenade Playhouse. Friday and Saturday only (Nov. 18th & 19th).

Stop in, catch the show "Dennis Wilson Forevermore: A Beach Boy's Fable" - Then meet Dennis Wilson's son, pick up a copy of his new book and have him sign it. The Promenade Playhouse, located at 1404 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA. 90401. Tickets for the show are on sale at: www.promenadeplayhouse.com

MORE ABOUT THE BOOK

The true story of Scott Wilson's relationship with his father Dennis Wilson, the drummer of The Beach Boys told on a completely honest and personal level.

Scott is the eldest son of Dennis Wilson and Carole Wilson Bloom. This book spans Scott's entire life, from his early childhood going on tour with The Beach Boys to living with Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie, Dennis' girlfriend, in 1979. The story of a child and his rock n roll father; the good times, the fun times, the hard times when both father and son were addicted to drugs-helping them both cover up deep emotional scars. Scott's book, edited by Karen-Lesley Powell, is also available on Amazon Books at: https://www.amazon.com/Son-Beach-Boy.../dp/1326734431

ABOUT THE SHOW

Dennis Wilson Forevermore: A Beach Boy's Fable, is a partially fictionalized behind the scenes drama. It's a rock and roll history lesson and look at how an abusive father ultimately and tragically shaped the lives of Dennis and Brian Wilson and 3 decades of music. Eric O'Meara's original stage play is an insider's view into the tumultuous life and times of Dennis Wilson, the flamboyant unsung drummer of the Beach Boys.

The show will be running through December 17th on Friday & Saturday @ 8:00PM. (Dark Thanksgiving weekend.) Promenade Playhouse is located at 1404 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica 90401 Phone (310)-656-8070. General admission is $27.00

Tickets and information are available at: www.promenadeplayhouse.com
Old 08-17-2017, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

‘…on the way to the green room, Bruce and I discussed how we’d spent the day surfing, and then I spotted my dad. He was stoked to see me and wanted to introduce me to his new girlfriend, Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie. She was lovely with a very well-spoken British accent. She invited me to stay at her house if I wanted to spend some quality time with my dad. She was very special to me; like a second mom and I still have sincere love and admiration for her, including many cherished memories. She adored my father and was so generous to me; she once gave me a credit card with no limit on it. We grew very close. As I have specified, she was just like a mother to me. I hope I do her justice in this book because she was fabulous, with a heart of pure gold’.

Scott Wilson

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-20-2017, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
‘…on the way to the green room, Bruce and I discussed how we’d spent the day surfing, and then I spotted my dad. He was stoked to see me and wanted to introduce me to his new girlfriend, Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie. She was lovely with a very well-spoken British accent. She invited me to stay at her house if I wanted to spend some quality time with my dad. She was very special to me; like a second mom and I still have sincere love and admiration for her, including many cherished memories. She adored my father and was so generous to me; she once gave me a credit card with no limit on it. We grew very close. As I have specified, she was just like a mother to me. I hope I do her justice in this book because she was fabulous, with a heart of pure gold’.

Scott Wilson
So sweet.
Christine does have such a big and warm heart. In Mick's first book he wrote right before declaring bankruptcy his bills were about $50,000 per month. Christine gave him $50,000 to cover one month of bills. That was a lot of money in 1984.