User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Well, at the time people hoped it meant: "This album is what I'm doing in the meantime, whilst I am waiting to rejoin Fleetwood Mac."

It turned out to be true, beyond our wildest dreams.

Along the same lines (but not quite the same)... I always thought it meant that 'whilst the big machine is making Say You Will and doing their thing, this is what little old me is doing... in the meantime'. I never thought she was suggesting she'd one day be back though.

On another note its only just dawned on me Easy Come Easy Go is positioned next to Liar on the album. ECEG is the only co-write with Eddy on the album. This despite there being a number of unreleased Chris/Eddy songs out there that have never seen the light of day. Its almost as if it was included just so she could send a message with the next song 'Liar'.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Along the same lines (but not quite the same)... I always thought it meant that 'whilst the big machine is making Say You Will and doing their thing, this is what little old me is doing... in the meantime'. I never thought she was suggesting she'd one day be back though.

On another note its only just dawned on me Easy Come Easy Go is positioned next to Liar on the album. ECEG is the only co-write with Eddy on the album. This despite there being a number of unreleased Chris/Eddy songs out there that have never seen the light of day. Its almost as if it was included just so she could send a message with the next song 'Liar'.
Good analysis!
Didn't she say she met a guy over there and dated for a short time and many of the songs were about him.
Her romance with Eddy made her write some amazing songs.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Good analysis!
Didn't she say she met a guy over there and dated for a short time and many of the songs were about him.
Her romance with Eddy made her write some amazing songs.
She had said that, and said he was much younger.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

someone said he was a school teacher ?
Old 09-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
someone said he was a school teacher ?
My recollection is that someone made a brief reference to a relationship Chris had had with a teacher in an interview that appeared at the time. I don't remember where the interview appeared, and I don't remember who the person being interviewed was, but I believe it was someone involved in some way with the album.

I think there was discussion about this on the ChristineMcVie.com message board. We probably thought it was a little indiscreet of this person to have even mentioned this personal detail of Chris' private life.

Not very helpful, I realize, but it's all I can recall.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
My recollection is that someone made a brief reference to a relationship Chris had had with a teacher in an interview that appeared at the time. I don't remember where the interview appeared, and I don't remember who the person being interviewed was, but I believe it was someone involved in some way with the album.

I think there was discussion about this on the ChristineMcVie.com message board. We probably thought it was a little indiscreet of this person to have even mentioned this personal detail of Chris' private life.

Not very helpful, I realize, but it's all I can recall.
Didn't like my love song, darling?
Old 10-19-2018, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RTYraUxXmKg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>