User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Gosh these interviewers were HORRIBLE. It frustrates me so much to get a rock legend in your studio and you don't prepare. In the meantime was 12 years ago that Chris recorded with her nephew. These guys said.... you were here only a few years ago with your cousin?
They did not know how to classify Fleetwood Mac's music in the late 60s or early 70s? WTF? How dare you ask that question to Christine. She should have walked out
When Chris said she never heard the new Mirage release....how about playing 30 seconds of Hold Me or something and get her thoughts?
Instead, we get the same questions and answers Chris has been answering for 2 years now. You had a fear of flying? Wow. How did you get over it?
Such a lost moment!
A bit harsh.
ITMT was 12 years ago, but hey, time flies. There are plenty of things that I think were only a few years ago and then they turn out to be a lot further back in time. I think they would have been a bit surprised she didn't know more about the Mirage release. I don't think they can just press a button and music plays straight away just like that. They aren't mind readers. I thought it was a nice, jovial interview. Yeah, not breaking any new ground but nice and fun.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
A bit harsh.
ITMT was 12 years ago, but hey, time flies. There are plenty of things that I think were only a few years ago and then they turn out to be a lot further back in time. I think they would have been a bit surprised she didn't know more about the Mirage release. I don't think they can just press a button and music plays straight away just like that. They aren't mind readers. I thought it was a nice, jovial interview. Yeah, not breaking any new ground but nice and fun.
Ok but how do you not know Fleetwood Mac was a blues band especially if you are English and supposedly interview rock stars. I like to learn something new from every interview. The interviewers did not do their homework either. Its ok that Christine did not listen to new Mirage tracks but give something specific you liked or disliked for feedback. Maybe it will trigger a memory or a comment about Mirage.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sep 21, 2016 | Vote0 0 Inside Halton

http://www.insidehalton.com/whatson-...flying-phobia/

Christine McVie quit Fleetwood Mac because she developed a fear of flying.

The 73-year-old singer used to whizz around the globe for the 'Go Your Own Way' rockers' mammoth tours on their own private jets, but she slowly developed a phobia of flying and had to leave the band 18 years ago because she couldn't bring herself to step foot on a plane.

Speaking on UK station BBC Radio 2 on Wednesday (09.21.16), she said: "It must have been six years ago or seven. It was when I did a little tour of an album but at the time I was so frightened of flying that I couldn't promote it. That was a big thing, I had a real phobia of flying. I think I did one too many (trips in private planes). I think that's kind of why I left the band."

The British songwriter - who was married to her bandmate John McVie from 1968 until 1976 - later went to therapy to help her beat her extreme phobia.

She explained: "The flying thing isn't a problem anymore. I just went to therapy and they said where would you most like to go in the world and I said Maui in Hawaii because (co-founder of the band) Mick (Fleetwood) frequented in Maui and he and I had stayed in touch through those years a lot so they said, 'Well get a ticket to Mawi, you don't have to get on the plane, just get the ticket.' "

And Christine didn't have to make the trip on her own as the 69-year-old drummer asked if he could accompany her across to Maui with him.

She said: "So bizarrely Mick was coming to London and he said, 'Well if you're going to Maui, wait for me to come to London and we'll fly back there together.' And we did and I didn't even notice the plane taking off. I love flying now."

Fleetwood Mac formed in 1967, and over the years has had a number of different band members, but were inactive for two years from 1995.

Christine rejoined the group - comprised now of Mick, John, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks - in 2014 following 15 years away from the stage.

During the time she was solo, Christine also released three solo albums 'Christine Perfect', Christine McVie' and 'In the Meantime'.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

TV 3

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/ente...-onstage-drama

Christine McVie: 'Fleetwood Mac fans hope for onstage drama'
23rd Sep 16 | Entertainment News

Fleetwood Mac, comprised of Christine, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Stevie Nicks, sold more than 100 million records worldwide, making them one of the best-selling bands of all time. However, the songwriter, who returned to the lineup in 2014 acknowledges the turbulent personal history of the band - with marriages and break-ups within the group - has added to its iconic status.

"I think people know what they're going to get," Christine explained during an interview with British newspaper The Daily Express to promote the reissue of the group's 1982 album Mirage. "I think people hope they're going to see some drama or something on stage. "Maybe they'll see somebody beat somebody up. There's always a bit of tension. There's always some little thing somewhere. But that's part of the band."

The band share a 'convoluted emotional history', as Stevie Nicks once described it. The Dreams songwriter dated guitarist Lindsey Buckingham while Christine was married to bassist John McVie. Meanwhile, during the recording of Rumours in 1976 drummer Mick, who went on to have a two-year affair with Stevie, was in the throes of a divorce from his first wife, Jenny Boyd.

The discord famously came out in the music, as the warring band poured their feelings out in song form. Hit track Go Your Own Way was Buckingham's bitter parting shot at Stevie, who responded with the more philosophical Dreams.

"It's very difficult to get all five of us in one room. It's like herding sheep. It's almost impossible. You need a really good sheepdog," laughed Christine.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ok but how do you not know Fleetwood Mac was a blues band especially if you are English and supposedly interview rock stars. I like to learn something new from every interview. The interviewers did not do their homework either. Its ok that Christine did not listen to new Mirage tracks but give something specific you liked or disliked for feedback. Maybe it will trigger a memory or a comment about Mirage.
Yes, the immediate response is to say they were a blues band.
That said, they were really only a blues band for a relatively short period (though a huge output in a short time). Peter and Danny soon veered away from the blues though. In fact there weren't really too many Danny songs even during his time with Peter that you would strictly describe as blues.
When you think about it, the big hits that made them famous weren't blues. There was something of a fuss when Albatross was released. Their blues-purest fans were up in arms. Is Albatross blues? Not really. Was Oh Well blues? Not really. Was Man of The World blues? Not really. Was Green Manalishi blues? Not really. In that sense I can understand somebody questioning exactly how you'd define their music of that period.
So yes, they started as a blues band but soon veered away from it. For the five years after PG they were well away from Blues.
Blues>Blues Rock>Country Blues>Country Acid Rock>West Coast Rock

I have no idea how to describe Kiln House
Old 09-26-2016, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have no idea how to describe Kiln House
"A great record"?
Old 09-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
"A great record"?
Well... I wouldnt personally, but each to their own.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
"A great record"?
took me a minute to appreciate this album.. but it's great