Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine Perfect on CD

I was at a friend's house this weekend and was looking through his Fleetwood Mac collection, which is amazing.
Anyway, the thing I was most stunned to discover was his copy of the Christine Perfect album _ on CD! This was not a bootleg; it was issued by Columbia Records as part of its "Rewind" series. The date on the CD was 1993.
The booklet had extensive liner notes by Mike Vernon, who slams "When You Say" (not Christine's style, he says) and has interesting things to say about all the other tracks too.
My friend bought it in the UK. As far as I can tell, it's no longer in print.
Anyway, I had no idea the album had ever officially been issued on CD. Has anyone else ever seen a copy?
Old 01-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Christine Perfect on CD

Quote:
Originally posted by blinker12
I was at a friend's house this weekend and was looking through his Fleetwood Mac collection, which is amazing.
Anyway, the thing I was most stunned to discover was his copy of the Christine Perfect album _ on CD! This was not a bootleg; it was issued by Columbia Records as part of its "Rewind" series. The date on the CD was 1993.
The booklet had extensive liner notes by Mike Vernon, who slams "When You Say" (not Christine's style, he says) and has interesting things to say about all the other tracks too.
My friend bought it in the UK. As far as I can tell, it's no longer in print.
Anyway, I had no idea the album had ever officially been issued on CD. Has anyone else ever seen a copy?
Well, I bought a copy for myself several years ago. I haven't been following its in-print status, however. But, as you said, it is a legit release ... or was. I paid I think about $30 or $35 for it because it was an import.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have the same CD also from Columbia Records. I got my sealed copy off eBay several years ago for slightly more than what David paid for his copy. About a month ago on eBay, I saw a copy of this CD from Japan of all places. It went for over $120.00.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:37 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile CP CD

Yeah, I've got the Rewind CD reissue as well. I bought it at an HMV when I lived in the UK a few years ago though I'm sure it is out of print now as I had only seen it a few times there and the last time must have been 1995 or so.

It must have cost about 12 pounds that I got it for but it sure is a prized possession now as it was to my amazement to see these CP Rewind CD reissues going for around $250 at GEMM a few weeks ago!

Mike Vernon did say something in the notes to the V/A "The Blue Horizon Story vol. 1" 3 CD box that led me to believe that he had plans to remaster many of the Blue Horizon titles for new CD rereleases but that box was released when? ...and it's what year now? I won't hold my breath, but I sure do hope he can get it done sometime soon.

John
Old 01-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: CP CD

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
it was to my amazement to see these CP Rewind CD reissues going for around $250 at GEMM a few weeks ago!
John
dear lord! i'll remember to buy a copy the next time i see one. it's not that rare here, i see them quite often and reasonably priced in second hand record stores.
i just bought it a few years back at tower records, i'm sure it wasn't expensive back then, coz i bought another copy for my sister just to get her to listen to it.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to ask around about a Christine Perfect album on CD in very shop I would go in, for years but nobody had ever heard of it or seen it. If I had one I would just sell it though because I can't stand having something around worth that and actually use it. I do have the split Albatross/Perfect CD though. Her when You Say is okay but like the Kirwan version of his own song on the Then Play On CD better.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Christine Perfect on CD

Quote:
Originally posted by blinker12
...Has anyone else ever seen a copy?
I used to see this CD quite a lot here in the London shops back in the mid-late 90s, but I haven't seen it anywhere for a while now. I have a feeling it would be much easier to get hold of here than anywhere else....the 2nd hand/rarities shops in Notting Hill will almost certainly have copies of this.

Old 01-30-2003, 08:06 AM

Thumbs up

I got mine for £10 in Croydon