Old 09-23-2016, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
So great to hear from the most talented female in the group

No one TWIRLS like Stevie!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it fair to say that Fleetwood Mac is a democracy, but driven for the most part by Mick?

Yes, but you’ve got to have a degree of flexibility. We’re very democratic. If one person is outvoted, you go with it.

Hmmmm, I wonder what the consensus is on doing a new FM record?!
Old 09-23-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
No one TWIRLS like Stevie!
Knock it off.. she layed in Sly Stone's bed long before Christine ever did..

pfft...
Old 09-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Knock it off.. she layed in Sly Stone's bed long before Christine ever did..

pfft...

Whaaaaat?!
Old 09-23-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Whaaaaat?!
She babbles on about that when she wrote Dreams on the Rumours documentary.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Registered

Quote:
With her little pen, her little paper,little guitar, little candles, little scarfs to cover lamps,
little bong
and straw.

Last edited by olive; 09-23-2016 at 08:17 PM..
Old 09-23-2016, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She was on his bed, not in his bed! At least I think......
Old 09-23-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
She was on his bed, not in his bed! At least I think......
Correct... 'twas a play on words... c'mon you know I'm mentally challenged at times.. lol
Old 09-24-2016, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Michele, I told you Christine was inspired by Steven Tyler. Even though she doesn't actually say so, she did mention that it was those Maui gigs that rekindled the flame.
If Tyler hadn't been there, I think the flame still would have been rekindled, just because Mick was there.

Michele
Old 09-24-2016, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Well, in the Spokesman Review article, Mick makes it sound like this band has FINALLY made the decision to put the album out without Stevie. I hope they will stick to that plan and he's not just bluffing.]

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...love-of-blues/

“John and Christine and Lindsay, the four of us, are going to be finishing up some great music we’ve been working at,” Fleetwood said. “The music is really vibrant and really cool, and it’s Fleetwood Mac, basically.”

The only drawback: Stevie Nicks, who’s currently on a solo tour with the Pretenders, likely won’t be involved.

“Unlike anyone else in the band, she really does have a complete career on her own, you know?” Fleetwood said. “She doesn’t want to spend time in the studio, and she’s doing her own thing. You wish for something else, but that’s not fair after 30, 40 years of doing what we do. Everyone’s got to do what they feel they need at this point.

“But never say never. Down the road, we’re in a good position that we could add her songs and integrate her into some of the music we’ve been working on for four years. So that’s the state of Fleetwood Mac Nation.”
Old 09-24-2016, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Well, in the Spokesman Review article, Mick makes it sound like this band has FINALLY made the decision to put the album out without Stevie. I hope they will stick to that plan and he's not just bluffing.]

“John and Christine and Lindsay, the four of us, are going to be finishing up some great music we’ve been working at,” Fleetwood said. “The music is really vibrant and really cool, and it’s Fleetwood Mac, basically.”

The only drawback: Stevie Nicks, who’s currently on a solo tour with the Pretenders, likely won’t be involved.

“Unlike anyone else in the band, she really does have a complete career on her own, you know?” Fleetwood said. “She doesn’t want to spend time in the studio, and she’s doing her own thing. You wish for something else, but that’s not fair after 30, 40 years of doing what we do. Everyone’s got to do what they feel they need at this point.

“But never say never. Down the road, we’re in a good position that we could add her songs and integrate her into some of the music we’ve been working on for four years. So that’s the state of Fleetwood Mac Nation.”

Very interesting. I wouldn't be too disappointed to see/hear a new album without Stevie. In fact, I'd much prefer a real, properly made, organic album of new material rather than an exciting set of new material with a couple of rehashed old songs tagged on just for the sake of it. Bring on the new album.
'Carnival Begin'

I sincerely hope a new album sans Stevie is a success. Cant wait to see how she handles the interview questions later next year when they ask about the album;
Interviewer: 'So, Stevie, you recently had another number one album and now you have this big world tour. When you were all making this album, did you think it would be so successful'
Stevie 'Er, well, er, with this band you never really know. When we were doing songs all those years ago like Landslide...blah blah blah'
Old 09-24-2016, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

i really hope this mean RELEASE that album, not just finish it.

while first 2 quotes are encouraging, the last one brings it right back where we started. i suspect Mick is the one who needs to be brought on board with the idea of releasing a FM album without SN, the other 3 seem all ready to do it (well, John probably doesn't care either way!).

with or without SN FM album will not be a commercial success, so as long as they figure out the narrative of her not being on the album (where nobody makes money!) vs being on their next tour (where they all make tons of money!) which all 5 already "signed on the dotted line" according to Christine, everybody should be happy!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Interviewer: 'So, Stevie, you recently had another number one album and now you have this big world tour. When you were all making this album, did you think it would be so successful'
Stevie 'Er, well, er, with this band you never really know. When we were doing songs all those years ago like Landslide...blah blah blah'
That's hilarious. The Landslide veer is now a recognizable thing!

But I ... obviously, I'd be happy if the album was a success, but I don't want them to focus on that. I don't want the unrealistic expectations of success with SN to color any of their decisions. The album won't sell. I just want it to get critical acclaim.

Michele