Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
Second Hand News reference..... Yes, I'm quite embarrassed to say that one took me a couple days. Haha
Don't Let Me Down Again, Danigirl!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
Second Hand News reference..... Yes, I'm quite embarrassed to say that one took me a couple days. Haha
I realize we are venturing off topic, but all I have ever been able to think about when I hear Second Hand News is how much it would itch to lay down in the tall grass and get Tusked. Not to mention you open up the possibility of encounters with black widows. Not that having a Great Day in the great outdoors isn't something I'd enjoy, I guess doing the Tango In The Night in the tall grass just isn't for me.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I realize we are venturing off topic, but all I have ever been able to think about when I hear Second Hand News is how much it would itch to lay down in the tall grass and get Tusked. Not to mention you open up the possibility of encounters with black widows. Not that having a Great Day in the great outdoors isn't something I'd enjoy, I guess doing the Tango In The Night in the tall grass just isn't for me.
For Lindsey, on the other hand, it was still part of an ideal weekend in 1997, lol.

"So a good weekend for me would be to get some of my own music done — have some kind of studio breakthrough with something I’ve been working on a couple of years. For a perfect weekend — well, I’ve got a fantastic view from my home, so maybe I’d spread a blanket outside, put out a bottle of wine, cook a couple of steaks, maybe make love on the lawn, get some sun, enjoy some swimming — then go back inside and cut a hit song. There’s a nice balance there I think.”

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 08-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
For Lindsey, on the other hand, it was still part of an ideal weekend in 1997, lol.

"So a good weekend for me would be to get some of my own music done — have some kind of studio breakthrough with something I’ve been working on a couple of years. For a perfect weekend — well, I’ve got a fantastic view from my home, so maybe I’d spread a blanket outside, put out a bottle of wine, cook a couple of steaks, maybe make love on the lawn, get some sun, enjoy some swimming — then go back inside and cut a hit song. There’s a nice balance there I think.”
If it's with Lindsey, I'd do it on fiberglass insulation. Cactus, even. Don't care. Where do I sign up?
Just a dream, just a dream.

Last edited by HelloMonster; 08-21-2014 at 04:56 PM..
Old 08-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know, I just feel as if Christine rejoining FM has brought me back full circle to them again. It's as if I was listening to "Over My Head" on the radio for the very first time. Seems so pure and unadulterated once more. What's this have to do with the article? Probably nothing. But this is what popped into my head. Well, actually the first thing that popped in to my head was I can only imagine what her long and sexy legs are going to look like when she gets done with that trainer!!
Old 08-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
He's had a history of writing/recording songs about sex since the beginning- Lola My Love, Tusk, Tango In The Night, Great Day... and these are just the overt ones that I can list off the top of my head.

On another note, it's interesting how Christine brought up the fact she wasn't going to wait for her dogs to die before she got back out into the world. We've talked about that very subject here on the Ledge.
I'm just gonna say the most direct one is "Come."
Old 08-22-2014, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine: I did my last show, got everything shipped out of the house in LA, went to take the last flight to London, and never looked back.

Mick: But I have always find it odd and somewhat worrisome that someone as creative as Chris , was so utterly divorced from music in general.

These quotes simply underline Lindsey's remarks in the past about the fact that she ' basicly burned all her bridges.' I don't want to hear snarky remarks anymore about the ruthlessness of Lindsey's intentions behind those remarks, he was plain and simply right.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Christine: I did my last show, got everything shipped out of the house in LA, went to take the last flight to London, and never looked back.

Mick: But I have always find it odd and somewhat worrisome that someone as creative as Chris , was so utterly divorced from music in general.

These quotes simply underline Lindsey's remarks in the past about the fact that she ' basicly burned all her bridges.' I don't want to hear snarky remarks anymore about the ruthlessness of Lindsey's intentions behind those remarks, he was plain and simply right.
I still believe Lindsey was a bit harsh. There's a difference between Mick's quote being concerned about her well being, and Lindsey's quotes about her departure.

I still believe to this day that he was not all that happy about her leaving the way she did. Now in hindsight, I respect his feelings. Still don't think the guy words things quite as diplomatically as Mick does when Mick talks about the issue. But in my opinion there was some frustrated emotions behind Lindsey's quotes.

LB's quotes about Christine now are much more delicate. He still uses the burning bridges quotes, but perhaps he now understands her phobia, her need to get away.. He was constantly saying last spring how the collaboration with her is better than ever. And, that there was something missing in the chemistry even though they had built a certain chemistry with just the four. (I believe deep down inside he always knew this.)

Finally, it really hasn't been brought up in quite a while. So my question is, "if you didn't want to hear about it, why bring it up?" Surely you don't think ledgies with an opinion are going to clam up just because you told us to do so.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-22-2014 at 10:12 AM..
Old 08-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think you discourage snarky remarks with snarky remarks of your own.

I wouldn't call Lindsey's comments about Christine "ruthless" but I do think there was an implication in them. He always defined what he meant by "burned her bridges" but he also knew what the term meant colloquially too and yet he insisted upon using it. It implies that she did something that can't be forgiven or forgotten. That she caused hard feelings when she left. I think he repeatedly used the term for mischievous reasons, to infer something that he knew wasn't true but that he slyly wanted to put out there. And put it out he did, dozens and dozens of times.

I mean, John joked that he thought Christine got fired. Lindsey wasn't actually joking, but he wasn't being serious either. He kept saying that Christine burned her bridges as if she couldn't come back, when he knew she could.

Whenever he was pressed, he would explain that she burned them by selling her house, moving to England and cutting off ties, not that she had somehow soured the band on her. But why keep using a phrase that you don't mean the way its commonly used, unless you want to cause confusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I still believe to this day that he was not all that happy about her leaving the way she did. Now in hindsight, I respect his feelings.
I agree. He wasn't happy she was gone. He may have missed her less over the years, but I am positive that he missed her quite acutely when he was putting together the SYW album. He was bitter about it. It's no different than when he left in 1987. She said things that were retaliatory about him as well. It wasn't because she didn't miss him, it's because she did. I have always felt that he felt the same way about her. He was sour graping her absence, especially in 2003 and 2004.

Michele
Old 08-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think you discourage snarky remarks with snarky remarks of your own.

There is not a milligram of snarky intention in my remark. You tend to misunderstand me Michelle. My nonnative english can be more rude perhaps than it is meant. Not that I can't be snarky, but I am not pointing at anyone.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^In my opinion, all the sniping back & forth wasn't just silly, it was very hypocritical. Lindsey certainly had a right to mourn the loss of a bandmate, but he really couldn't fault Chris doing what he himself had done. It all just got to be too much for Lindsey back in '87, so he left for a decade and came back a renewed man. Chris did the exact same thing, albeit for a longer period of time. They each dealt with each other's defections the same ways, too- Chris made digs at Lindsey in the press when he left, and Lindsey did the same when Chris left. They both complained about the Mac during their absences, too. All the same, baby.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Whenever he was pressed, he would explain that she burned them by selling her house, moving to England and cutting off ties, not that she had somehow soured the band on her. But why keep using a phrase that you don't mean the way its commonly used, unless you want to cause confusion?

Michele
I think that's on page 5 of the Fleetwood Mac band member's handbook.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I still believe Lindsey was a bit harsh. There's a difference between Mick's quote being concerned about her well being, and Lindsey's quotes about her departure.

I still believe to this day that he was not all that happy about her leaving the way she did. Now in hindsight, I respect his feelings. Still don't think the guy words things quite as diplomatically as Mick does when Mick talks about the issue. But in my opinion there was some frustrated emotions behind Lindsey's quotes.

LB's quotes about Christine now are much more delicate. He still uses the burning bridges quotes, but perhaps he now understands her phobia, her need to get away.. He was constantly saying last spring how the collaboration with her is better than ever. And, that there was something missing in the chemistry even though they had built a certain chemistry with just the four. (I believe deep down inside he always knew this.)

Finally, it really hasn't been brought up in quite a while. So my question is, "if you didn't want to hear about it, why bring it up?" Surely you don't think ledgies with an opinion are going to clam up just because you told us to do so.
I totally understand you, but obviously, my remark is more blunt than that is is meant. But still, I also believe there was pain felt behind her departure. And frustration maybe. But isn't that a big compliment towards her? I' ve never understood the negatieve reading of his bridgesremarks. But, I guess it all comes down to languagefeel. I simply didn't feel anything negatieve over the years, where a lot of Chrisfans, in my eyes, overreacted. In dutch, the equivalent of burning bridges is leaving something behind without hindsight or empathy with the situation you left behind. I read that in her own quote in this article.

Last edited by shackin'up; 08-22-2014 at 12:33 PM..
Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought this might help. I wasn't sure of the exact meaning so I looked it up. From TheFreeDictionary:

burn one's bridges (behind one)
1. Lit. to cutoff the way back to where you came from, making it impossible to retreat. The army, which had burned its bridges behind it, couldn't go back. By blowing up the road, the spies had burned their bridges behind them.

2. Fig. to act unpleasantly in a situation that you are leaving, ensuring that you'll never be welcome to return. If you get mad and quit your job, you'll be burning your bridges behind you. No sense burning your bridges. Be polite and leave quietly.

3. Fig. to make decisions that cannot be changed in the future. If you drop out of school now, you'll be burning your bridges behind you. You're too young to burn your bridges that way.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But still, I also believe there was pain felt behind her departure. And frustration maybe. But isn't that a big compliment towards her?
Yes, I think he greatly missed her, especially at first. Maybe one day he will say so.

Michele