Old 09-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some videos from the Dublin show:

Never Going Back Again

http://

http://

The Chain

Silver Springs

Last edited by Deeshere; 09-21-2013 at 12:54 AM..
Old 09-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Some videos from the Dublin show:
Dig the drummer behind Lindsey...

If anything, THAT'S what I miss about the "Time" band. There were six, AND ONLY SIX, people on stage. Are Mick's microphones even on? Talk about NOT getting bang for your buck. I'd rather see a band blow it than fake it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-21-2013, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there. Definitely no Christine. Not even a sniff of her (unless people up front saw her off stage) and she wasn't even mentioned. All the speeches are just the same as the US leg so they didn't add anything about Chris in.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I was there. Definitely no Christine. Not even a sniff of her (unless people up front saw her off stage) and she wasn't even mentioned. All the speeches are just the same as the US leg so they didn't add anything about Chris in.
But, my friend, how was the show??? Please, one of the few people I wait to read a review from, is you!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
But, my friend, how was the show??? Please, one of the few people I wait to read a review from, is you!
I'm literally about to run out the door to get to tonight's one (hoping for directly in front of Lindsey!) but I wrote a few initial impression over here http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...33#post1103933

I'll write more tomorrow with thoughts on both shows. I have a feeling I'll enjoy this one even more
Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Thanks for the report. Although, even in the US Stevie sometimes would add Christine in, when she was thanking the guys and moving to John's thank you.

Michele
Old 09-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I asked Mick if she was in town and he sorta thought for a bit and said how she was going to but eventually didn't come with them. He seemed disappointed ,like that she got cold feet and backed out at the eleventh hour or something. I hope she will turn up in London as promised though,it would be a shame if she didn't
Old 09-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I asked Mick if she was in town and he sorta thought for a bit and said how she was going to but eventually didn't come with them. He seemed disappointed ,like that she got cold feet and backed out at the eleventh hour or something. I hope she will turn up in London as promised though,it would be a shame if she didn't
I thought she came to rehearse? Unless you meant backing out of performing in Dublin. I don't think she'll be able to back out of London, though. Christine has a huge sense of loyalty to the Mac and unlike previous attempts of getting her on stage, this was widely publicized. Mick even said they're recording the London shows for this reason alone.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie

Last edited by applebucked; 09-21-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Old 09-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went over to the venue on Wednesday night during rehearsals and met a few of the crew, the all remained quite tight lipped and didn't really reveal anything.
I obviously wasn't allowed in so I befriended a security gard who then proceeded to get me wasted on the strongest spiff I have ever had in my life. Christine was in there and she was singing "don't stop" nothing else was rehearsed form what I heard.
We sat outside the venue completely baked for about 3 hours not fit to move however we could hear everything. The band went throughout the US TOUR set list so I knew it wouldn't be any different from that point. John mc vie's guitar came out for a smoke and took my model 1 guitar in with him and repaired a little vibration I had going on on the low e string.
Drove home the 80 mile trip with cruise control set at 30mph and I felt like I was flying, that thing hadn't wore off even a little bit. I thought I was inside a snake going through the port tunnel.

I Woke up on Thursday morning feeling pretty down about the whole thing for not catching a glimpse of the band or an autograph from lindsey after hanging around for about 4 hours or more. So I was in two minds about going back to Dublin but I had the day off work and nothing else planned. So into the car and straight back to dublin me and the good wife went. We went to the hotel that they were staying and ordered a pot of tea and some lunch. No sooner than I had picked up the fork to take my first bite Lindsey walks straight past. Needless to say I didn't know what to do or say. So I jumped up and went after him to the doors of the hotel. I told him he was my all time hero and this was going to be the best day of my life. He seemed genuinely happy to hear that and I asked if he would come back in and sign my guitar in the lobby.
Not only did he say "sure, no problem" he sat down with me and my wife a chatted with us for a solid 25 minutes. He had so much time for us I was completely amazed. We talked about the band, the solo stuff, the cancelled tour in uk, taste in clothes and the leather jacket, he also asked a lot about me and was real easy to talk to. (lindsey you are a true hero and a gent)
lindsey played with my guitar and signed it real nice and then he also signed my Rumours LP as well. To this day I have never in my life wished for more than what I got that afternoon.
Then on the Friday headed down to the venue for the gig in good time met a few irish ledgies in the green room bar. Then headed in to the show.
I had standing tickets and was in first but had to move back a little bit because the crew were literally handpicking heaps of sexy girls from the crows and putting them right in front of lindsey. There must of been 30 of them. Not a single line of any song did the know. One didn't even know who was who in the Stevie lindsey name thing..
The show started on time and played for I think 2 hrs 40 mins. Without a break.
Lindsey was great, he got on with it, solid guitar work and vocals the whole night and very interactive with the crowd all night.
Stevie was not so interactive but i felt she was much better than she was in 09. Sisters of the moon was fantastic.
I set my seeds we sow cd cover on the stage and lindsey signed that too for me, which I kindly gave to a friend from Cork who is also a massive lindsey fan but didn't get to meet him.
We all went out for a hape of drink afterwards till the bars shut and then we went for pizza.
All in all it was an absolutely fantastic weekend. I am still on a high.
Really disappointed I'm not there tonight, as they would be currently singing landslide if my timing is right.
Perfect, perfect, perfect loved every minute of it.

Last edited by Madness Fades; 09-21-2013 at 04:20 PM..
Old 09-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
I had standing tickets and was in first but had to move back a little bit because the crew were literally handpicking heaps of sexy girls from the crows and putting them right in front of lindsey. There must of been 30 of them. Not a single line of any song did the know. One didn't even know who was who in the Stevie lindsey name thing..
WTF was this about?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like you had a great experience meeting Lindsey, Madness Fades. Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
WTF was this about?
They did that at most of the US shows too.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Christine was in there and she was singing "don't stop" nothing else was rehearsed form what I heard.

John mc vie's guitar came out for a smoke and took my model 1 guitar in with him and repaired a little vibration I had going on on the low e string.

We went to the hotel that they were staying and ordered a pot of tea and some lunch. No sooner than I had picked up the fork to take my first bite Lindsey walks straight past. Needless to say I didn't know what to do or say. So I jumped up and went after him to the doors of the hotel. I told him he was my all time hero and this was going to be the best day of my life. He seemed genuinely happy to hear that and I asked if he would come back in and sign my guitar in the lobby.

Not only did he say "sure, no problem" he sat down with me and my wife a chatted with us for a solid 25 minutes. He had so much time for us I was completely amazed. We talked about the band, the solo stuff, the cancelled tour in uk, taste in clothes and the leather jacket, he also asked a lot about me and was real easy to talk to. (lindsey you are a true hero and a gent)
lindsey played with my guitar and signed it real nice and then he also signed my Rumours LP as well. To this day I have never in my life wished for more than what I got that afternoon.
Wow, what an amazing 2 days this was for you. So Mick fibbed to another Ledgie and pretended Christine wasn't even there. Your time with Lindsey sure was precious. I have no idea what you are referring to when you say JM's guitar came out for a smoke break and yours when in with him.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Wow, what an amazing 2 days this was for you. So Mick fibbed to another Ledgie and pretended Christine wasn't even there. Your time with Lindsey sure was precious. I have no idea what you are referring to when you say JM's guitar came out for a smoke break and yours when in with him.
NO he didn't he was telling the truth in that they were good to go mid-week but then she for whatever reason didn't come with 'em for the concert. Like I say, he didn't want to talk about it much he seemed disappointed she wasn't doing Dublin. I guess she's still on for London though,that's been the plan
Old 09-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
NO he didn't he was telling the truth in that they were good to go mid-week but then she for whatever reason didn't come with 'em for the concert. Like I say, he didn't want to talk about it much he seemed disappointed she wasn't doing Dublin. I guess she's still on for London though,that's been the plan
But Chris WAS there for the rehearsal. We knew she wouldn't be performing ahead of time.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
But Chris WAS there for the rehearsal. We knew she wouldn't be performing ahead of time.
He said she was going to.It was definitely considered.Mick has tried the most in the last decade to try and get her involved in FM again but it's her choice, I like that she's assertive enough to say no if she's not up to it.

Last edited by Bryan; 09-21-2013 at 07:09 PM..