User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Agreed. Which makes me wonder if there was some publicly unspoken rift in the band with Chris. It's more than a little odd, IMO, that she'd retire, then release an album.
BTW, which I'm EAGERLY anticipating!
God damn I love her. From day one. She was the balance.
But, I don't think she ever actually retired. According to George Hawkins in his Q & A here, she was writing songs again as far back as 4-5 years ago. She may have had something in mind either with Fleetwood Mac or a solo album. Mick & Stevie certainly gave the impression that she was done, but I don't think they knew what was going on. And, I still think SOMETHING happened during the Dance tour.

I'm not really disappointed that it's a solo album, rather than a Fleetwood Mac album, even if not as many people are going to buy it. With a solo album, there will be more Christine McVie songs. That's a GOOD thing, in my opinion.

Last edited by macfan 57; 04-21-2004 at 07:07 AM..
Old 04-21-2004, 07:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Maybe it's just that she didn't want to tour extensively, and that was the price of admission to be part of "Say You Will".
Old 04-21-2004, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Retired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo
Maybe it's just that she didn't want to tour extensively, and that was the price of admission to be part of "Say You Will".
I don't think Chris has ever said she'd retired. Actually I don't think she's said anything publicly for quite a while. It was Mick who said she retired.

I think she would have participated in SYW but I agree with the above - the price for that was an 18 month stint on the road and that's the bit she doesn't want to do anymore.

Mind you if you check out Ticketmaster.com and type in Christine McVie it tells you tickets are not CURRENTLY available online. What does that mean? that they will soon be available? The UK site just says it can't find a match.

With regards to her Tusk songs I used to hate Honey Hi but now I really like the demo/outtake version (I think it must be her original demo)

I wonder why Lindsey didn't go down the smaller independent label route with Gift of Screws when Warner Bros turned it down? Surely he must have had enough money to finance it.

Gail
Old 04-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Those are my favorites as well. Then, believe it or not, "Honey Hi."
Yeah, me, too! I think "Honey Hi" should've been the opening track of the album...at least, it is a positive little ditty instead of the dirge-like "Over & Over", which should've closed one of the side of the LP, if not been the overall album closer.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
With a solo album, there will be more Christine McVie songs. That's a GOOD thing, in my opinion.
Amen. I hope there's a few rockin' songs on there, too.
I hope it really kicks commercial ass.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:31 PM

I love the demo of Honey Hi. I keep playing over and over (no pun intended)
Old 04-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never Forget is my favorite Chris song on Tusk other than Honey Hi.

- Jake
Old 04-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo
Well I always thought that was the reason of it all anyway...

Okay, I must come to defend Christine's material on Tusk at some point of time, right? Between all these experimental tunes from Lindsey and those Stevie anthems you must get a sigh of relief. And there you have Christine's songs, which in this album show a core of low self-esteem (except for "Never Forget" & "Think About Me") and even a little sadness facing all the charming personality of the songs, which are often melodically very simple. A woman who begs for the man to "never make (her) cry" or says that love's "bittersweet, but what can I do?" is very vulnerable. I think she just showed her personality and that's where the charm of the songs come to life.

"Never Forget" is quite simply one of her best 'happy' songs, with a fantastic three part harmony at the end. Love it.

Song of the moment - For Duster (The Blues)
Old 04-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I love the bass-parts on Never Forget brilliant And it's a great ending to the album.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
I love the bass-parts on Never Forget brilliant And it's a great ending to the album.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian
"Never Forget" is quite simply one of her best 'happy' songs, with a fantastic three part harmony at the end. Love it.
NEVER FORGET is my favorite Christine McVie composition on TUSK.
It is spotless!

No sob-singing on this fade-in/fade-out delight! Great make-out music!
Christine McVie’s calming, effortless voice 'n keen keyboarding, Mick Fleetwood’s steady pulse, John McVie’s tuneful bassline and Lindsey Buckingham’s gentle acoustic, electric highlights and lush vocal harmonies along with Stevie Nicks’, make this tune a seamlessly carefree pure pop pleasure!