User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2003, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Lindsey Buckingham Show

AKA: the 2003 FM tour!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, people are opening their eyes (and ears) to LINDSEY'S talent!!!! I've read SOOOOO many reviews of the concerts (and album) which say, he is an underrated guitarist and this work is his best, etc.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of him and proud to be his fan!!!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yes, I agree. Despite all the diehard Stevie fans screaming her name through the whole show (from what I've heard ), it's Lindsey's time to shine, and in many respects he has become the centrepiece of the band, at least in the instrumental sense, and moreso than ever in a singer/songwriter sense. We can only hope this tour serves to help his rep grow and grow!
Old 05-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Ledgie

Well, I am probably one of the most diehard Stevie fans, but I had to come in here to give Lindsey his props.

I was at the Cleveland show last night and he brought the house to its feet many times. He was so animated, full of energy, and his vocals sounded great.

I had floor seats and at the beginning of Come, everyone sat down. Once the guitar solo kicked in the whole arena went wild. He received so many standing ovations & I could tell that he was really touched by the crowds response.

I may not be a big fan of some of his songs(I like most of the lyrics, but the production throws me off) but as a live performer, guitarist, producer of Stevie's music, he is a genius.

It was great to see him standing there as the crowds adulation washed over him("washed him clean"). It was about time!!

Sean
Old 05-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, it's truly fantastic that our favourite rocker is finally getting the credit he deserves after 30 years of being in the music business. And also I hope that by the end of the tour we'll see him at the higher end of some of these unfair guitarists lists, where he should be.

Old 05-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"To see Lindsey Buckingham is to be in awe and admiration for his talent"---Me in my show review. It was Stevie that initially got me to like Fleetwood Mac. Of course, I liked Lindsey's songs a lot and I own all of his solo albums and I REALLY LOVE OOTC and I did and still do have a wicked crush on Lindsey BUT, it's NOW on this album and with this tour that I truly get to see Lindsey for the amazing guitarist and artist that he is. Lyrically, he's off the hook and now his guitar playing?!?! WELL THROW SOME COLD WATER ON ME...that's all I have to say!!! He's just amazing...and I think i'm finished now
Old 05-25-2003, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok I will say this, in Philly everyone around me was chanting " Lindsey, Lindsey" and I did NOT start it.

I think people are calling out HIS name too! He deserves it.

Stevie can't see anything and I don't blame her for her almost non interaction with the crowd...but Lindsey is just interacting with anyone making it so much more personal and memorable.

What an awesome performer!!!!!! Christy, you seem to love him as much as I do HAHAHA! Nice to see that.

Marissa, I know you do...he he! New York, we are there!
Old 05-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Ok I will say this, in Philly everyone around me was chanting " Lindsey, Lindsey" and I did NOT start it.

I think people are calling out HIS name too! He deserves it.

Stevie can't see anything and I don't blame her for her almost non interaction with the crowd...but Lindsey is just interacting with anyone making it so much more personal and memorable.

What an awesome performer!!!!!! Christy, you seem to love him as much as I do HAHAHA! Nice to see that.

Marissa, I know you do...he he! New York, we are there!

Ooooh yeaaaa!!!! NYC....girl, we are SO there. As soon as they say they're going to NYC...i'm marking my calendar and taking a day off from work. We're hittin' NYC up Fleetwood Mac style It HAS to be done!!
Old 05-28-2003, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: The Lindsey Buckingham Show

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
AKA: the 2003 FM tour!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, people are opening their eyes (and ears) to LINDSEY'S talent!!!! I've read SOOOOO many reviews of the concerts (and album) which say, he is an underrated guitarist and this work is his best, etc.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of him and proud to be his fan!!!!!
Oh I'm proud of him, too. Ever since I saw The Dance & really watched Lindsey play that guitar during I'm So Afraid, I've been in awe of his guitar playing. Then someone recommended that I get Out of the Cradle, & then I really thought he was an underrated guitarist. And now, he's really getting a chance to show people how great he really is. Man, I wish I was closer to the front at the Philly show; I would have been chanting, "Lindsey, Lindsey", too.

Lee