User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Come!

WHO loves this song as much as I do?!?! GEEZ, IT FRICKIN ROCKS!! I mean, I've had the song for a long time now, but hearing it on SYW....BONUS!!!!

We all know who HATES it, but who LOVES it?!

I don't understand why anyone could HATE this song!! It's reminicent of Tango in the Night in it's slow/fast alternating between verse and chorus...and then the SOLO tearing it up!! PLUS, the provocative lyrics make it a very naughty Lindsey song...hehe. I don't care if it's about Stevie, Anne Heche, whoever, doesn't matter to me....it's HARD CORE ROCK and one of my fave Lindsey FM songs now.

For those who DO hate it, WHY do you hate it so much??? PLEASE explain to me!!
Old 04-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Come ROCKS!

What an awesome song! It's so dramatic, and those bad lyrics are really suited by contrasting soft/hard alternations. That guitar solo... what can I say? INCREDIBLE!!!!!

I SO hope they do this live, I will be in ecstacies!

Old 04-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I remember when I first got 'GOS' and this song came up, I was like, "OOOOOKaaaaay." LOL, it was kind of too much @ the time. Then it started to grow and I was learning to appreciate Lindsey's musical expansivness.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come is probably my favorite of Lindsey's contributions to the album, I friggin' love it!!! Yesterday I had it on repeat for about 3 hrs while I was folding laundry.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
Come is probably my favorite of Lindsey's contributions to the album, I friggin' love it!!! Yesterday I had it on repeat for about 3 hrs while I was folding laundry.
Well the only thing that disturbs me is that you could be folding laundry for 3 hours!

I too love this song - the mystifying verses hold me spellbound, and the choruses just rock out for fun!!
Old 04-22-2003, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Well the only thing that disturbs me is that you could be folding laundry for 3 hours!
LMAO! It's embarassing but true. I don't think I had done laundry for at least 2 and a half months, and it just kept piling up! I had no idea I had so many clothes. I hate laundry, but I love Come!
Old 04-22-2003, 08:09 AM

This remains my least favorite of Lindsey's contributions. It would have been cool without the screaming and if he had toned-down the screeching guitar crap in the middle. He pulled this off with This Is the Time, but Come is a failed attempt.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Ledgie

I love it!! I was really suprised that I did like it I still can't listen to much of Lindsey's Tusk songs.( ducking flying objects as I type )
It just screams greatness! When I hear the first few notes a huge smile appears even when I'm alone and then I CRANK up the volume.People in parking lots all over town turn to see whats going on and I have my windows up! Murrow is another song I've come to love just as much. Red Rover is the only one of Lindsey's that hasn't grown on me yet. RR and Silver Girl are the only songs I find myself skipping for now.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Come!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I haven't read any comments from those who hate the song. I know there are people who have this song on their "least favorite" list, but it doesn't mean that they hate it. It will just take some of us a little longer to appreciate it.

I hope they perform this in a live setting. Not That Funny turned out to be better on stage, than in the studio (IMO). This could very well be one of those songs.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Girls I love this song.

I first heard it awhile ago and I just was amazed. I didn't think it would make the album.

But when it did and I heard it the first time, it was just like jaw dropping amazing to me. I just love it because it is just hot, I can't think of another word for it.

Karen, when I did my dream set list, I put Come and Not That Funny together, because it would just be like a half hour of Lindsey screaming like an animal and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time than watching that!

No disrespect of course
Old 04-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Come is my fav. track on the album and one of my fav. LB songs of all time....!!!!!!!!!

What do I L O V E about it.....well...everything!!!!!! The spanish guitar intro...the mysterious verses........the sudden LOUD ROCKIN' choruses......the distorted guitar........and THAT SOLO!!

Thing is, I have a REALLY varied taste in music...I love anything from Django jazz...to American country....to CLASSIC ROCK.......to modern/hard rock, such as Linkin' Park, my favourite modern band. I think of "Come" as LB trying his very best to make a track which merges his own style with the latter category, and I think he's done an AWESOME job!!! It just ROCKS!!!

Old 04-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I, too, like this song alot. It is just so totally out there!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Come!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
The day has arrived when I have to do some serious backpedaling in regards to this song (SAY, WHAT?!?!?!).

I'm FAR, FAR, FAR from "loving" the song, but I'm past the point of "hating" the song...past the point of "abhorring" the song...and even to the point that I DON'T "dislike" the song...but, I still won't admit to being close to "liking" the song...however, after listening to the song through headphones, there were some enlightening subtleties I had previously missed when listening through speakers. Maybe it is also that I really WANTED all along to give the song a chance, so I kept listening & listening...maybe I just got tired of disliking the song...OR, maybe finally, I "got" what Lindsey was aiming for. I dunno, but the song is off my "sh*tlist".

HOWEVER, "Silver Girl" is now ON it. What a snoozer!!!! ZZzzzZZZzzz!!!
Old 04-25-2003, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink PRAISE JESUS!!!

Chilid HAS SEEN THE LIGHT BRUTHAS AND SISTAHS!!!!! LOL

Silver Girl IS a big snoozer, it reminds me of When I See You Again (WISYA is COMA inducing!!!) in that you have this album that is very uptempo and HEAVY and then..BAM, there's this song that comes on and it slows the album down, IMO. I like the music, but not the lyrics and it just seems to be more of a Stevie solo song.

I really do believe this album is a headphones album, you REALLY need to listen intently with those on to get the subtleties (like chilid said) and it makes for a more intimate listening experience.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Karen, when I did my dream set list, I put Come and Not That Funny together, because it would just be like a half hour of Lindsey screaming like an animal and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time than watching that!
Hi Janet ,

I can definately see this happening. That would be so great to have both of these songs during the "let it all loose" part of the performance. They can start with Not That Funny, and then soar into Come (bring in the old and then the new). Can't you just see Mick, John, & Lindsey doing this?