User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
In my dream set list, they'd do the whole "Side 3" of the Tusk album (Angel, TEFM, Brown Eyes, Never Make Me Cry, IKINW). Since this year is the 35th anniversary of Tusk, hopefully that will get some kind of acknowledgement (last year, they celebrated the 35th anniv. of Rumours even though it was a year too late-- any excuse to keep pushing Rumours, I guess).
YES!!! Side three is my favorite. There's two of my three favorite Tusk Lindsey songs (add in The Ledge), two of my favorite Christine songs of all time, and one of my favorite of Stevie's.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think they are both stuck in their ways and that set-in-the-stone FM setlist comes from both of them, tbh. it does not come from Mick, i don't think, because i grilled him about that (and no setlist changes from date to date during the same tour) at one of the m&gs last year.

however the fact is that SN changed 1 song between Unleashed and Live 2013 (replaced Storms with SOTM), while Lindsey changed 3 (Go Insane, Oh Well, and IKINW, with NTF, Say Goodbye and Eyes). and they both added 1 new song. i think both changes between the tours are so highly minimal that it's ridiculous, really.

i have no idea about SN's solo setlists; LB usually added 6 new songs from whatever new album he's promoting, and then switches some of the other ones. he's not nearly enough adventurous, but his solo setlist does change much more than FM does. and then he usually thrown in some songs by audience requests from time to time, although not nearly enough.

yes, at one of the shows in Europe people had this huge banner that they kept holding up with Peacekeeper written on it. LB told them something like he'd love to do it but sorry he can't; then he signed the banner for them.

LB doesn't do m&gs at FM tours, so i'm not sure what you are talking about asking him something at the m&g? if he did i would probably not think twice about paying $750 for a great ticket and a m&g with him - then at the m&g i'd probably berate him for shamelessly scalping fans like that.
I was just saying that Stevie has resurrected songs she has never done live before and listened to fans regarding Sisters of the Moon, unlike Lindsey. I meant M&Gs for his solo shows. It's really ridiculous how little they change. I'm hoping Christine picks a good bunch that gets me excited, and Lindsey and Stevie each come through with at least one song I want to hear.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm sure Stand Back isn't going anywhere. It will be in a block of 3 really high energy songs leading to the first encore.
This will also be the first time it will be performed by all 3.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

I would LOVE if they did Empire State for the NYC show, but I doubt that'd happen. When I'm feeling pessimistic and annoyed at the city, it just magically comes on shuffle and has this way of making me love New York again, even if for just a few minutes.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
No it won't. It was played on The Dance tour.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
1997 Lindsey stood by Christine's shoulder during the entire song.

Michele
Old 04-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
No it won't. It was played on The Dance tour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
1997 Lindsey stood by Christine's shoulder during the entire song.
I should stop commenting altogether. My memory is shot. This is the 3rd time in the last month I've made an obvious screw up.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read that Lindsey considers "What Makes You Think You're the One" to be one of his top five moments in Fleetwood Mac. He has also said it is one of his favorite songs, and a great drum track. So why the hell hasn't he performed it in like 30 years?
Old 04-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I just read that Lindsey considers "What Makes You Think You're the One" to be one of his top five moments in Fleetwood Mac. He has also said it is one of his favorite songs, and a great drum track. So why the hell hasn't he performed it in like 30 years?
can you share that article?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
can you share that article?
Sure, it was quoted here, in the lyric interpretation: http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...ouretheone.htm
Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Lindsey

What Makes You Think... is one of my favorite songs on Tusk and from FM (or solo LB) period. It's one of the few from Tusk that I think would be great to throw into the set. At least it wouldn't be NTF...
Old 04-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
At least it wouldn't be NTF...
YES!! No one's clamoring to hear Not That Funny either. And that one, I Know I'm Not Wrong, and Save Me a Place have all been performed pretty regularly from Tusk. Besides the title song, which isn't going anywhere, why not a song he's more passionate about that's also uptempo and driving? Maybe Stevie doesn't like that song lol, or the parts are sparse besides Mick's and Lindsey's, but it has been played live before so idk
Old 04-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
What Makes You Think... is one of my favorite songs on Tusk and from FM (or solo LB) period. It's one of the few from Tusk that I think would be great to throw into the set. At least it wouldn't be NTF...
i loved last year's punky version of NTF, it was one of my favorites in the set, but it's time for a change.

i agree with you re LB's FM songs, WMYTYTO is in my top 5 or 10 of his FM songs, and definitely in my top 5 for what i would like him to add in that one revolving song slot he's willing to give us. from Tusk, it's my 2nd choice, right after Walk A Thin Line.

LB solo songs however are a completely different thing. he has many many more solo than FM songs, and a number of amazing ones that i want to hear from him when he tours solo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i loved last year's punky version of NTF, it was one of my favorites in the set, but it's time for a change.

i agree with you re LB's FM songs, WMYTYTO is in my top 5 or 10 of his FM songs, and definitely in my top 5 for what i would like him to add in that one revolving song slot he's willing to give us. from Tusk, it's my 2nd choice, right after Walk A Thin Line.

LB solo songs however are a completely different thing. he has many many more solo than FM songs, and a number of amazing ones that i want to hear from him when he tours solo.
Does he take requests when he tours solo? I saw him in NY and got to stand next to him when he left, but he seemed to not really want anything to do with fans.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Does he take requests when he tours solo? I saw him in NY and got to stand next to him when he left, but he seemed to not really want anything to do with fans.
it's a hit or miss, i'd say depending on whether audience is insistent, creative, or loud about their requests, and what mood he's in.

on his 2012 tour it was more likely he'd take a request as the tour progressed. i can look the exact stats later... most of the time it was Rock Away Blind, he did that one verse of Walk A Thin Line (on top of the whole RAB at that show, so 2 requests that night), and he did the whole Rodeo once, and a line out of it another time.

from 13 shows i've seen i got Rock Away Blind 3 times, WATL verse, and Rodeo line. so i guess if you want to be generous and count snippets as whole songs, that would be 5 times out of 13 shows i attended he did something by request.

he also promised that his next solo tour will have a request portion, with maybe 1/3 of the show being by request.