Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Funny thing....until I was about 18 or so, if I saw, or heard, somebody throw up, it was all I could do, to not throw up myself. BUT, after holding 50 different friend's hair, out of the john, while they were refunding alcohol, broke me of my vomiting anxiety.

I have the strongest(or is it weakest?) gag reflex, of anybody I know. The doctor CAN'T use the tongue depressor on me, or I'll hurl. I can't express the INTENSE gagging I feel, when that stick touches me back there. Makes me want to hurl now, just thinking of it. I must be terrified of choking....
Love that term! I suppose familiarity does reduce your sensitivity to it, but I suppose that does depend on the person. I'd just leave the room and let them handle their own business transactions (j/k hehe).

I had that struggle too! Plumbed for weakest because my gag reflex probably couldn't surpress a fart in a windsock. My mum is the same when it comes to things in her mouth. She can only just cope with brushing her teeth without gagging.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Somebody call?
It's my favorite Mexican dish! I only order combination plates, that include Chile Relleno! So, I finally got the courage to try doing it. It is a little time intensive, just preparing the poblano peppers. You first have to roast them, then cook them wrapped in a wet paper towel, which makes the skin peel off....then dip them in a thick batter, and fry them...THEN, they're ready to be stuffed and cooked. And the batter is a little time intensive, too. You separate egg whites from the yolks, and beat the whites. Then add back the yolks, and flour.
Then I stuff them with chorizo, cheese, onions and salsa, and bake them until the cheese is melting.

WHAT I'm missing, though, is the proper cheese....does anyone know what kind the restaurants use.....that just OOZES all over the plate? I thought about using nacho cheese, but that wouldn't be the right flavor.....anyone know?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Love that term! I suppose familiarity does reduce your sensitivity to it, but I suppose that does depend on the person. I'd just leave the room and let them handle their own business transactions (j/k hehe).

I had that struggle too! Plumbed for weakest because my gag reflex probably couldn't surpress a fart in a windsock. My mum is the same when it comes to things in her mouth. She can only just cope with brushing her teeth without gagging.
Thank you, it's Seinfeldian in origin(when George's girlfriend was thought to be bulimic, and she was said to be "refunding"). Many of my references are Seinfeldian. After all, it is the greatest show of all time!

I'm okay with brushing my teeth, but if I try to brush my tongue, it's about the same as the tongue depressor.

Maybe I should try brushing my tongue with a tampon?

Old 12-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thank you, it's Seinfeldian in origin(when George's girlfriend was thought to be bulimic, and she was said to be "refunding"). Many of my references are Seinfeldian. After all, it is the greatest show of all time!

I'm okay with brushing my teeth, but if I try to brush my tongue, it's about the same as the tongue depressor.

Maybe I should try brushing my tongue with a tampon?

I only ever watched the show sparsely, so I know very little about the show. But I adore what the small guy (kind of overweight, was in Shallow Hal) had to say about life and how it should end in an orgasm (haha). That always amused me.

Okay.Eww! Thank you most kindly for THAT particular mental image lol.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Ladies, how long do you have to wear a tampon to get TSS? Would overnight cause it?
They can be worn for up to 8 hours, including overnight.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
One time my neck was sore, so I put some Icy Hot on it. I the proceeded to use the restroom

-Grooming habits... down there? Trimmed
-Tampons or pads? Both! At the same time!
-Lights on or off? Off
-Top or bottom? Top
-Floaters or sinkers? Does anyone always only have one of the two? I certainly don't! Or is this a preference question? If so, then in the words of Stevie, "all the same, all the same, all the same, RHIANNON!"

Also, for a little more TMI, as most of you know, I'm a type one diabetic which provides for many embarrassing situations during frisky moments. Nothing like getting a girls leg wrapped up in your insulin pump tubing and ripping it out or being half naked and having to ask, "Uh, do you have any juice? My blood sugar is low." Talk about buzz kill.
Ok I'm envisioning this... What exactly is an insulin pump? Like IV tubing at the side of the bed? Do you just take shots? Just wondering.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:09 PM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
Ok I'm envisioning this... What exactly is an insulin pump? Like IV tubing at the side of the bed? Do you just take shots? Just wondering.
No, I don't take shots, the insulin pump continuously gives me insulin and when I eat I have to input the amount of carbs and administer a dose of insulin via the pump. It can be thought of like an IV, but it doesn't go into your veins like an IV, rather it is injected into the fat. You use a needle to inject the tube and then you pull the needle out and the tube stays in. It also doesn't drip like an IV, it utilizes a piston to accurately inject the insulin. Here is what the infusion site looks like and you can see the pump hanging off to the side.

Photobucket
Old 12-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
How about parental TMI? Anyone here ever walk in on their parents 'doing it'?
I come from a divorced household, I was too young remember the experience of living under the same roof with both parents.
I've never walked into them 'doing it', but almost every night I hear them doing it. It's really disturbing, like we'll be sitting at the table and my step dad will hint at having sex with my Mom that night, and I will just be, "Well, my head phones are going to be my best friend tonight.." It just sucks when your bedroom is right across the hall from theirs.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
No, I don't take shots, the insulin pump continuously gives me insulin and when I eat I have to input the amount of carbs and administer a dose of insulin via the pump. It can be thought of like an IV, but it doesn't go into your veins like an IV, rather it is injected into the fat. You use a needle to inject the tube and then you pull the needle out and the tube stays in. It also doesn't drip like an IV, it utilizes a piston to accurately inject the insulin. Here is what the infusion site looks like and you can see the pump hanging off to the side.

Photobucket
OMGoodness! So is that easier to use than just daily injections? Do you constantly have to wear it? I think I'd just take the shots and get it over with myself. I'd hug you if I could.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
I've never walked into them 'doing it', but almost every night I hear them doing it. It's really disturbing.
Agreed... I dealt with that growing up, too. It is quite traumatizing if you're a quiet dorky kid like I was . Thankfully I never saw anything, though. However, my parents are old hippies who are extraordinarily open about nudity... so I saw that on a daily basis. They'd even take me to the nude beach across the lake from our house every weekend when I was a kid. I guess the good aspect of it has been I've never really had body issues, and am quite comfortable with who I am. Yes, I still go to nude beaches as an adult, albeit NOT with my parents!!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:33 PM
CreepingDeath
This message has been deleted by CreepingDeath.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Agreed... I dealt with that growing up, too. It is quite traumatizing if you're a quiet dorky kid like I was . Thankfully I never saw anything, though. However, my parents are old hippies who are extraordinarily open about nudity... so I saw that on a daily basis. They'd even take me to the nude beach across the lake from our house every weekend when I was a kid. I guess the good aspect of it has been I've never really had body issues, and am quite comfortable with who I am. Yes, I still go to nude beaches as an adult, albeit NOT with my parents!!
Yeah, and it's not like I am disturbed by SEX, I am pretty dirrty minded & the likes, but it's just that it's my own mother...and my Step Father... Oh man, images *bangs head off dry wall*
Old 12-09-2010, 08:36 PM
petep9000
Old 12-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
OMGoodness! So is that easier to use than just daily injections? Do you constantly have to wear it? I think I'd just take the shots and get it over with myself. I'd hug you if I could.
Way better than shots. With shots, you have to take fast acting insulin and slow acting insulin. This means you have to mix insulins and take shots at certain times every day. I took shots for my first three years, and for three years I had to follow this schedule:

7AM- take a shot and eat 75 grams of carbs
10AM- 30 grams of carbs
12 Noon- shot and 75 grams of carbs
4PM- shot 30 grams of carbs
7PM- shot and 75 gams of carbs
10 PM- shot and 30 grams of carbs

I had to follow that schedule everyday for three years! And since you are taking both slow and fast acting insulin, there was really not much flexibility with the times. Also, I was taking set amounts of insulin, so I had to eat those exact amounts of carbs. So if I was hungrier, I couldn't eat more. And if I was full, I still had to eat all those carbs! The pump only uses fast acting insulin, so you can fine tune your "background insulin" that offsets the normal rise in blood sugar due to your liver and you can administer more insulin for the carbs you eat, when you want to eat them. I can now sleep in. I can now eat as many or as few carbs as I want. Also, when I go places, my pump is with me. I don't have to load up my vials of insulin and some syringes along with my glucose meter. Another thing, the insulin pump continuously monitors my blood sugar, so I know if it is shooting up or if I'm headed for a low blood sugar. It really doesn't come down to the pain from shots, because they aren't that painful, it is that the pump makes management a whole lot easier. Only downfall tho is that the pump is expensive! Also, I do have to wear it most of the time, but there are times when I can take it off. It easily disconnects from the tube that is in your body, so you don't take the tube out when you need to disconnect, you just disconnect it from the infusion site. I usually only take it off to shower or swim or exercise.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Yeah, and it's not like I am disturbed by SEX, I am pretty dirrty minded & the likes, but it's just that it's my own mother...and my Step Father... Oh man, images *bangs head off dry wall*
Oh, same here... I'm a dirty, filthy whore. But hearing the 'rents going at it? I think I'd rather be water boarded. Sex and family just never, ever mix. EVER! God knows, that doesn't stop my Mom, though. Just today she just sent me a dirty full frontal pic on my phone which she thought was funny. Mom just likes to try and fluster me... one of her fav things to do when I brought home new boyfriends was ask us who was the "man" and "woman." She's gonna be an effing handful when she's truly senile!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:21 PM
petep9000
Old 12-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So John, how much of diabetes is genetic?
Does it run in your family?
Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Registered

No-one answered, what's the difference between a tampon and a pad? Is one more comfortable than the other one, and do both do the job as well?
Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 PM
petep9000
Closed Thread