Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Stevie Quote in People Magazine July 2012

To the question, "What is your all-time favorite summer song?" Stevie Nicks said, "The Boys of Summer (by Don Henley). We love the boys of summer. Need I say more?"
Old 07-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...ys-open-thread

Quote:
Today's topic: What was the single best musical concert you ever went to? When was it, where was it, and why is it your favorite?

I'll go first: I saw Fleetwood Mac at the height of their popularity in 1979 in New Haven, Connecticut from the 13th row center. To this day, I insist that the then-hot lead female singer Stevie Nicks spoke to me that night from the stage. For evidence I offer up the proof that for the first ten minutes of the concert I stood on my chair yelling, imploring her to "take off your clothes!" Out of probable frustration, in between songs, she walked to the center of the stage pointed at me, motioned with her arm and said, "Sit. Down."

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 07-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ha!!!! I can totally see her doing that. I'm sure he received "The Stevie Stevie Stare of Death". Bet she was pissed!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is written by a sportswriter, so I don't know what argument he had with SN fans on twitter. Maybe he was just joking or have some of you guys really been fighting with him!]
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ons-in-a-game/

Independent leaguer plays all nine positions in a game

Craig Calcaterra Sep 6, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT

It’s kind of a boring day, news-wise. Bobby Valentine hasn’t done anything yet. That massive fight with all of the Stevie Nicks fans I got myself into on Twitter is starting to peter out (long story). So, yeah, I’m scanning for something to write about.

Thank goodness for the independent leagues:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you, Universe! My favorite band, Stevie Nicks, was on our plane from Washington DC today! (Unfortunately, minus Stevie Nicks). I would love to meet her!! Here I am with her lead guitar legend, Waddy Wachtel on the plane. The band members were super sweet to Michael and I, and meeting them was a real treat for us long-time Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac fans!! Hope your day is filled with happy surprises.
Love, Doreen

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...00001004347338
Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^So, she stopped at Georgetown’s Bistro Francais after 1:00 a.m. and then she hopped a plane. If I sat next to her, I'd be afraid she'd try to hog the armrest.

Michele
Old 09-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
^So, she stopped at Georgetown’s Bistro Francais after 1:00 a.m. and then she hopped a plane. If I sat next to her, I'd be afraid she'd try to hog the armrest.
You'll want to read it again. She wasn't on the plane, her band was.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You'll want to read it again. She wasn't on the plane, her band was.
So who was the party of 7 she went to eat with, I wonder?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
So who was the party of 7 she went to eat with, I wonder?
Karen, Sulamith, the local promoter, Lindsey, a soldier's mother, a soldier and DanielleLarson.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Karen, Sulamith, the local promoter, Lindsey, a soldier's mother, a soldier and DanielleLarson.
Lol!!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-th...170855706.html

Richest Frontman In The World? It’s Paul McCartney

Lead singer of a famous rock band" shapes up to be a pretty lucrative gig no matter how one slices it--but ever wondered which lead singer is the richest of them all? Not surprisingly, the title goes to legendary Beatle Paul McCartney, who tops a list over such other megabucks-frontmen as U2's Bono, Elton John, Jimmy Buffett, and Rolling Stone Mick Jagger.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, there's absolutely nothing "Yesterday" about McCartney's bank account--unless you count the songwriter's royalties he's collecting for that particular song (which has been played more than 7 million times on radio since its release). Based on public records of his various holdings, investments, and earnings, he's valued at $800 million.

However, there's one singer who could have beaten the mighty Macca--and that's first-runner-up Bono. The U2 frontman scores second on the list with a not-too-shabby $600 million to his name. That said, Celebrity Net Worth notes that Bono actually could have topped $1 billion, due to a savvy past investment: He purchased a 1.5% private stake in social media giant Facebook long before the company went public in May of this year. If Facebook had managed to acheive a $100 billion market cap--the market cap is a key factor that determines the value of a company's stock--that would have pushed Bono into the role first billionaire frontman in history. As it stands, Facebook's market cap stands at $44 billion, but things can always change.

Other notable names on the ultra-rich lead singer list probably won't surprise anyone--Kiss's Gene Simmons, Sting, Prince, and Dave Matthews all made the top 10. The only two frontwomen to make the coveted roster? No Doubt's Gwen Stefani and Fleetwood Mac diva Stevie Nicks
Old 09-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from Mia Dyson article:
The Sydney Morning Herald
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz279xUbNYn

IF YOU had to trace the precise moment that set Mia Dyson free forever, it may have been the one in which she phoned up Dave Stewart to say 'No'.

The madcap rock'n'roll mover and shaker of Eurythmics fame had taken a shine to the guitar-slinging girl from rural Victoria soon after she moved to Los Angeles in 2009.

When he compared her to Bruce Springsteen and Chrissie Hynde it must have been terribly flattering. When he hooked her up with Stevie Nicks to play the Santa Barbara Bowl it was undeniably helpful. But when Stewart, as erstwhile producer and de facto manager, issued a press release in early 2010 to say that Dyson was changing her name to BOY, something in her guts said she was on the wrong road to glory.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello aliens.

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 09-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
Hello aliens.
What planet have you been on lately?
Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Old - but new to some.

I looked (Okay I admit, not too hard, lol) but didn't see this posted anywhere so this is for those who never read it!

From the March 2009 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine

What's Playing in Stevie Nicks' Ear?
By Scott Frampton

Rewind: With 30 million copies sold to date, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours made Stevie Nicks' raspy, quavering alto one of the defining sounds of the '70s.

Fast-Forward: Fleetwood Mac's spring-summer Unleashed tour will spotlight their greatest hits, and a supersized Rumours is out now in a CD-DVD boxed set, with previously unreleased tracks, acoustic demos, and behind-the-scenes footage. "I remember sitting on the studio floor making feather earrings and thinking, 'Oh my God, this album is going to be legendary,'" Nicks says.

Play It Again: Since 2005 Nicks has been transferring three decades' worth of her own mix tapes—ranging from classic rock to hip-hop to R&B—onto iPods and taking them in person to wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and Bethesda Naval Hospital. "I thought, 'What can I do?' The answer was music," she says. "Music changes your life. It can pull you out of where you're at." She talked to O about the sounds that tug at her lately.

Coldplay, Viva la Vida (Capitol): "They have a great guitar tone—the open-tuning chords have a spacey effect, like they're up with the moon and the stars. And Chris Martin's voice gets to me emotionally."

Rihanna, Good Girl Gone Bad (Island): "If I ever met her, I'd call her Rhiannon. I've adored her since she did 'Shut Up and Drive' on Letterman. I thought, 'That girl could be in Fleetwood Mac.' She can do it all."

Snow Patrol, Eyes Open (Interscope): "I relate to their song 'Chasing Cars' [sings]: "Would you lie with me, and just forget the world?' They can take a personal experience and make it universal."

Dixie Chicks, Top of the World Tour: Live (Sony): "Natalie Maines is my favorite person to sing with, ever. I could happily be a part of the Dixie Chicks. Even though they're billed as country artists, they're very rock 'n' roll."

http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/Stevi...#ixzz27GV4AIfV