The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just like Dick Fleetwood, Irving knows on which side his bread is buttered. Old Goat Stank influenced it, I'd wager.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Azoff's role in all this is murky to me. You'd think he would have been an ideal go-between as Lindsey's manager as well as overseeing Fleetwood Mac. Instead, it appears he was not using his influence on Lindsey's behalf at all, just acting as Stevie's messenger and then washing his hands of Lindsey. Perhaps that's inaccurate but that's how it seems from the article.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
And ultimately that is it in a nutshell – it’s not possible to have an informed opinion without facts and knowledge and the only people truly in possession of that are the five themselves.
As they say to “ASSUME is to make an ASS out of U and ME”

The saga of the lawsuit, the he said and she said, will continue and more of the story will come to light and ledgies will comment and debate but hopefully without some of the unnecessary vitriol of late.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Azoff's role in all this is murky to me. You'd think he would have been an ideal go-between as Lindsey's manager as well as overseeing Fleetwood Mac. Instead, it appears he was not using his influence on Lindsey's behalf at all, just acting as Stevie's messenger and then washing his hands of Lindsey. Perhaps that's inaccurate but that's how it seems from the article.
It’s like Lindsey must have said or done something that irritated Azoff enough to not want to be the go between, or even Lindsey’s manager, anymore…

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-25-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post

The saga of the lawsuit, the he said and she said, will continue and more of the story will come to light and ledgies will comment and debate but hopefully without some of the unnecessary vitriol of late.
WAAAAY too late for that, the injustice has been done and has gotten people justifiably incensed. Here's to warranted outrage and vitriol!

Old 10-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s like Lindsey must have said or done something that irritated Azoff enough to not want to be the go between, or even Lindsey’s manager, anymore…
Yeah fine, but in that case, Azoff still would have had a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of any artist he represented, ie Lindsey. If Azoff's response to the anti-Classic Hits comments/behavior was to remain as Lindsey's manager while facilitating the situation by which Lindsey became unable to participate in the FM tour despite it ultimately being in Lindsey's best financial and career interests to do so, he would be in breach of that duty.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yeah fine, but in that case, Azoff still would have had a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of any artist he represented, ie Lindsey. If Azoff's response to the anti-Classic Hits comments/behavior was to remain as Lindsey's manager while facilitating the situation by which Lindsey became unable to participate in the FM tour despite it ultimately being in Lindsey's best financial and career interests to do so, he would be in breach of that duty.
And???

Do you think he’s going to lose sleep over someone not playing to 2000 people?

Dude’s probably the richest guy in the industry. Do you think he cares?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-25-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And???

Do you think he’s going to lose sleep over someone not playing to 2000 people?

Dude’s probably the richest guy in the industry. Do you think he cares?
Difficult to respond to a nonsequitir post. Suffice to say that his role in what went down is of great interest. I wonder who will play Mogul Moneybags the Mischievous Manager in the telemovie we hopefully get one day.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Difficult to respond to a nonsequitir post. Suffice to say that his role in what went down is of great interest. I wonder who will play Mogul Moneybags the Mischievous Manager in the telemovie we hopefully get one day.
I could have made a point to point post, but would still have come to the same conclusion. Lindsey became a liability to Azoff. There were other players available to make up for the 2000 seats vacated by Lindsey fans, if that was even an issue. And, unlike Burnette/Vito, Finn and Campbell are respected musicians with their own followings.

Look, I love Lindsey (and Billy and Rick, for that matter), but I suspect he blew it with the two people who actually matter (Stevie and Azoff).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
There were other players available to make up for the 2000 seats vacated by Lindsey fans
Ah, I see what you meant now, sorry.

But anyway, you're just extrapolating on my point that Irving, who was presumably contractually obliged to represent the best interests of his client Lindsey, may not have been doing so in connection with the matter of this FM tour. In which case, there would be questions of legal liability and professional standards/ethics violations.

Even if we assume that Lindsey "blew it" with Irving as the King of Concerts due to, say, public attitude or remarks in 2017, Irving as the Manager of Lindsey Buckingham likely had contractual and ethical obligations to remove himself as Lindsey's manager, not stay at the helm to ensure that the ship sailed straight into the iceberg.

And as for the notion that "people who matter" are the bullies with money and a face--their downfalls are always the hardest.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, I see what you meant now, sorry.

But anyway, you're just extrapolating on my point that Irving, who was presumably contractually obliged to represent the best interests of his client Lindsey, may not have been doing so in connection with the matter of this FM tour. In which case, there would be questions of legal liability and professional standards/ethics violations.
To which he could argue that Lindsey breached his contract by going out of his way to hurt something he was heavily invested in.

Quote:
Even if we assume that Lindsey "blew it" with Irving as the King of Concerts due to, say, public attitude or remarks in 2017, Irving as the Manager of Lindsey Buckingham likely had contractual and ethical obligations to remove himself as Lindsey's manager, not stay at the helm to ensure that the ship sailed straight into the iceberg.
To which Azoff could counter that Buckingham breached the contract by talking down the show. We’re not industry lawyers, so none of us know. I just know I thought he was in trouble when I heard him say that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It certainly sounds like Irving failed his client, and is probably liable, on some legal level.

However, is he even sue-able? I'm certain he has more money than god. I just googled, and got 300 million.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It certainly sounds like Irving failed his client, and is probably liable, on some legal level.

However, is he even sue-able? I'm certain he has more money than god. I just googled, and got 300 million.
Exactly. He’s not losing a night’s sleep, could singularly bury Lindsey’s case, could easily get the band out of a jam, and will still have his firm book gigs for Lindsey. What? We weren’t supposed to notice that Live Nation is still in charge of Lindsey’s gigs?

Just enjoy the music.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 10-26-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Old 10-26-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just enjoy the music.
As Kate Bush sang, "Eat the music."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-26-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
As Kate Bush sang, "Eat the music."
Whilst she was running up that hill.