User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Common sense tells me he never would've filed a law suit if he did something so terrible that he knows he was justifiably fired by the band. According to him they were all getting along well, even right through MusiCares. He was totally blindsided by the news he was being fired. Hell, he even thought it was Stevie leaving the band! He got a list of grievances from Stevie why she never wanted to be on stage with him again. Two cited were "the smirk" and him complaining about playing "Rhiannon" as an entrance song. Okay, is there more? I certainly hope so for FM's sake, because this band has been through a whole lot more traumatic experiences than that. There's been a lot worse happen in the band than that and Lindsey was never fired then.
Well said. I agree totally. Lindsey has been known to be an ass. It is well documented. Ken wrote on Facebook yesterday I believe that Lindsey was the most controlling person he ever knew. So for Lindsey to go forward with a lawsuit, he has to feel very confident. In the end, everyone has to go with their gut feeling. And some common sense.

I love Stevie, I have since 1975, I've read all the books and articles that talk about Lindsey's issues, but my gut tells me he was wronged. I hate all the bashing, and I hope someone on FM's team lets them know how torn up all the fans are over this. But it's obvious they still live in their bubble after all these years.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-14-2018, 09:06 AM
Registered

Much as I would have liked to derive a delicious pleasure in hearing the sordid details of their relationship directly from them and under oath (and not through disgruntled ex-girlfriends, disaffected former employees, former band members, etc. who can hardly be described as disinterested--you will never catch me reading any of their tell-all tomfoolery), I agree with most of the posters above that they will settle out of court with a strict confidentiality clause. Lindsey I guess has all his ducks in a row, since he has had lots of time to prepare, but the rest? I highly doubt Mick Fleetwood for instance would want the IRS and his innumerable creditors to see his actual net worth. They'll settle. Alas! After the trouble they've caused the fan base, a little discomfort and embarrassment on their part would have been wonderful to behold.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
We should cut gldstwmn some slack:
it must be a struggle to come up with coherent, logical posts when one's trying to meet a self-imposed quota of 500 posts per month.

I hereby nominate you for Post Of The Week.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
No, it isn't. The judge won't be changing legislation to decide what does and does not constitute an oral contract, which is exactly the same as an oral agreement, which YOU claimed they had. You keep changing your statements to suit your agenda.

What the judge will decide is if LB can prove he had an oral contract with FM and whether or not there was just cause to terminate him. I have no idea what evidence either side intends to present at trial, and neither do you. Either way, it's a sad, sorry way for this band to go out, at this late stage in the game, both for the fans, and the legacy of the band.
Judges interpret "legislation" i.e. law at every level of our court system up to and including the Supreme Court. Once a case is adjudicated by the Supremes then and only then is it considered settled law. That is why it is extremely important that we are careful about the appointees to the court.
Just because legislation is passed does not mean it is constitutional.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Judges interpret "legislation" i.e. law at every level of our court system up to and including the Supreme Court. Once a case is adjudicated by the Supremes then and only then is it considered settled law. That is why it is extremely important that we are careful about the appointees to the court.
I've never read such misleading gobbledegook.

You heard it here first folks--the matter of Buckingham v Fleetwood will not be "settled law" until the US Supreme Court decides on its constitutionality!

Old 10-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've never read such misleading gobbledegook.

You heard it here first folks--the matter of Buckingham v Fleetwood will not be "settled law" until the US Supreme Court decides on its constitutionality!

That's how the American legal system works. Don't shoot the messenger. I never said anything about FM going to the Supreme court. However anything's possible:
The Slants Win Supreme Court Battle Over Band's Name In Trademark Dispute
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...demark-dispute
Old 10-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's all sordid, but we've certainly livened up the ol' Ledge. I bet there are people reading and posting who haven't been around for ten years. Imagine that it's even likely members of the band or their entourage are here, too.

In other news, I broke down and bought the Tango and the White Album deluxe packages last night on Amazon. I figured I needed more than just to play them on Spotify.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well one side of this contretemps has been leaking like a big old sieve for months now so it wouldn't surprise me if they're watching to see how this plays. I would even go so far as to say that have used their fans to get the story out.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It's all sordid, but we've certainly livened up the ol' Ledge. I bet there are people reading and posting who haven't been around for ten years. Imagine that it's even likely members of the band or their entourage are here, too.

In other news, I broke down and bought the Tango and the White Album deluxe packages last night on Amazon. I figured I needed more than just to play them on Spotify.
I went to the Lindsey show at the last min on Friday. I met SYWLindsey... and he said to me, "I've been reading your posts since I was in high school."

And wow!! He didn't hate me. In fact, we had a blast. I also, met Ana! She's absolutely lovely, too! Great little ledge meet up in LA.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:

We can all break down forever " 💔
Old 10-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well one side of this contretemps has been leaking like a big old sieve for months now so it wouldn't surprise me if they're watching to see how this plays. I would even go so far as to say that have used their fans to get the story out.
while the other side used national media.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I thought they broke up years ago!
Old 10-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Well said. I agree totally. Lindsey has been known to be an ass. It is well documented. Ken wrote on Facebook yesterday I believe that Lindsey was the most controlling person he ever knew. So for Lindsey to go forward with a lawsuit, he has to feel very confident. In the end, everyone has to go with their gut feeling. And some common sense.

I love Stevie, I have since 1975, I've read all the books and articles that talk about Lindsey's issues, but my gut tells me he was wronged. I hate all the bashing, and I hope someone on FM's team lets them know how torn up all the fans are over this. But it's obvious they still live in their bubble after all these years.

Lindsey's the smartest of the bunch. He's the least of them to do anything foolish, (unless of course he's been drinking)

My gut feeling tells me he will win his lawsuit, or at the very least he will settle for a big chunk of change and call it a day with FM.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Lawsuit Discrepancies

Going back to papers filed at court and regardless of who is at fault or wronged, there does seem to be slight discrepancies in the document which seems a bit unprofessional but maybe its deliberately vague and just based on fishing for settlement I’m not slamming the document or Lindsey but it does lack a bit of clarity.

In summary ..
The band met on December 11th and Lindsey wanted to delay the tour to allow for a solo album release in April and tour, thus delaying rehearsal from June to, September and the tour commencement from August to November
He stated in the RS interview that he had a meeting in late 2017 ..
“he asked for “three or four months extra” to do solo dates. There was “stonewalling,” he claims. “I left the meeting because there was nothing else to talk about.”
This suggests an impasse on that subject and his lawsuit states that he was “frustrated “ but by December 15th he agreed to the original schedule, and Stevie’s request for the 3 shows per week.
The managers and agents then negotiated a 60 date tour.

In the lawsuit it states that after December 15th no conditions or ultimatums were issued by Lindsey or the band with regard to either the Mac tour or his “potential “ solo tour or the tour announcement at MusiCares. (January 26th ). Through December and early January it states that Lindsey continued to discuss the solo options with his manager. “ to address his concerns about only playing three shows a week”

The tour announcement was suggested to take place at MusiCares and the legal document states that
“in the days leading up to the event, Buckingham told his manager that he was willing to announce the FM tour, but first needed to get the permission of the other Partners for his solo performances on the off days. Buckingham was told by his manager that Nicks manager had not yet told Nicks about Buckingham’s possible solos shows or asked for Nicks approval for Buckingham’s solo shows during the tour. Ultimately no announcements about the FM tour or Buckingham’s solo shows were made at MusiCares”

However later in his lawsuit it states that Lindsey was advised that live Nation had selected the dates and he approved the tour announcement but no announcement was made, which is in contradiction to the early statement.

There is no statement or mention of when or whether the band was consulted about the idea of LB solo fill in dates, or whether there had been any agreement at all regarding the solo tour other than a statement about Stevie not been told by her manager. However the Rolling stone lawsuit article states “he asked permission to book his own shows during off-days. “ There is also no mention of any conversation regarding this proposal that took place between any band members or legal reps during the MusicCares and immediately following the show, despite a tour hanging in limbo.

On January 28th Irving Azoff called him to say the “tour was off, and three days later became aware of the tour proceeding without him. It is then stated that in weeks and months since late January he repeatedly expressed his wish to tour and that he reached out to band members. He also reiterated his desire to be part of the tour in his Feb 28th email to MF.

This seems to indicate that after not signing off on the tour, Lindsey strove to reiterate his commitment to the band and rectify and outstanding issues only after he learned of the decision to tour without him, but yet had done so previously to his manager whilst discussing a solo tie in. Perhaps his manager has not been the most diligent. There is certainly a lack of clarity in the lawsuit and perhaps a lack of dialogue between the five extends also to their relevant representatives. Far from ideal.

His statement to Rolling Stone Stated “Over the last eight months our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents.”

An eight month period suggests from March and the new band lineup was announced in April so does this refer to the pursuit of a legal and financial agreement? If so of the many efforts stated none are mentioned in the lawsuit. If they have had legal dialogue regarding settlement why isn’t this an exhibit, unless that is a next step process. Obviously if lawyers were involved none of the band members would be instructed not to engage in dialogue with LB so the overtone of being cold shouldered is slightly loaded, since there is no clarity.

So it in essence it took LB 4 days to accept what had previously been agreed regarding the tour. When did he decide to do the solo project? I really don’t understand why he didn’t make arrangements for the project and tour to take place PRIOR to the Mac coming back together which had been generally scheduled for 2018 for some time.
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to whether the initial project was the Blue Light album or the anthology? I’ve become confused on that.

Variety June 15th 2017:
“Buckingham: That’s clearly the big, big machine. I think of what we’re doing as the medium machine. Then I’ll do the small machine next January with a solo album. It’s nice to have it all.
McVie: I’m dying for that reunion, I think that’s going to be great.
Buckingham: Yeah, it will. And then of course the Mac will go back out sometime probably summer of 2018.”

This time frame had been on the cards for along period so what changed?
Lindsey’s concerns of playing only 3 days/week lead him to consider solo gigs but only money and profitability are mentioned in the lawsuit.

One would assume that the issues of the solo tour had been looked into and ideologically resolved during his December January assessment of the idea with his manager but seemingly not with the band.
There is also irony here regarding the solo concept since there was an article a few years ago of Stevie airing tossing a similar thought for Buckingham Nicks shows into the air (although most likely not with any real conviction) but as I recall Lindsey didn’t seem to think it would work logistically, though I can’t remember which article that was. I’m sure someone else can, though. Obviously he changed his mind, as is his prerogative of course. Equally obviously there are technicalities regarding the solo slots and possibly the insurance side would have been a bit messy and costly together with the costs of taking a separate show on the road for between 4-1 shows per week, unless he wanted to use the Mac crew, which would bring additional difficulties of contractual affiliations for crew, transportation, accommodations etc and how that would be proportioned cost-wise. Obviously LB can’t have a cut price tour at the bands expense. ( without their unlikely blessing at any rate)!
There don’t seem to be any facts about the ideas or who knew about any of it so it’s not possible to have an informed opinion.

And ultimately that is it in a nutshell – it’s not possible to have an informed opinion without facts and knowledge and the only people truly in possession of that are the five themselves.
As they say to “ASSUME is to make an ASS out of U and ME”

I reiterate that I’m not slamming the document or Lindsey so don’t shoot the messenger – I wish none of it happened. (Maybe if the tour hadn’t have been in the pipeline until next year it would have blown up but then had the time to get smoothed out. Who the hell knows.)
Stevie, Lindsey, Chris, John and Mick are not perfect and the best versions of themselves go missing at times – and few are not guilty of that- especially for Lindsey and Stevie and their long relationship. Working with loved ones ex or present that have caused pain whether in an historical or current context will inevitably have emotional baggage that is tiring and restrictive and its influence can easily lead to letting the best of yourself slip away. In all honesty the emotional investment in the band has been huge and it’s credit to all of them that they stuck at for the most part of 45 years.

The saga of the lawsuit, the he said and she said, will continue and more of the story will come to light and ledgies will comment and debate but hopefully without some of the unnecessary vitriol of late.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
Perhaps his manager has not been the most diligent.
The fact that his manager is none other than Irving Azoff has been a cause of head-scratching and theorizing. For example, you could go with the theory that it was Irving who played a big role in dropping Lindsey, because (i) Irving is very well-off and doesn't need Lindsey for his solo career, (ii) Irving was annoyed that Lindsey wasn't happily towing the line regarding his vision for FM as a Classic Hits touring machine, (iii) Irving was convinced by Stevie's camp that they could swap out Lindsey for "Mike plus one" and most people wouldn't care too much.

Very speculative because I don't know enough about all Irving and all the other managers, but either way I think a lot of us have considered something less than diligent, or even bad faith, was at play.

Quote:
Over the last eight months our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive.
Although it's not necessarily supported by the syntax of the paragraph as a whole, I feel that this could simply be referring to the efforts of the Lindsey side (ie Lindsey's personal attempts at contacting the band members, and his management or lawyers' attempts at negotiating with the other managers and lawyers). You could say that "elusive" has that nuance of "the other side has done its best to avoid coming to the table."