The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No Lindsey never made cutting remarks publicly, he just prefered to kick Stevie on stage instead.

Wow, we should definitely try and compile a list of Stevie's conquests, rumoured and otherwise.

Here's CL Moon's list to get us started:

Dave Young, Brian Kane, Lindsey Buckingham, Walter Egan, Don Henley, John David Souther, Mick Fleetwood, Curry Grant, Kim Anderson, Joe Walsh, Waddy Wachtel, Paul Fishkin, John Stewart, Jimmy Iovine, Brad Jeffries, Dennis Dunstan, Rupert Hine, Johnny Starbuck, Doug Casper, Glen Parrish, Les Dudek.

To add: Hernan Rojas during the Tusk sessions, Dennis Wilson.... any more?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
No Lindsey never made cutting remarks publicly, he just prefered to kick Stevie on stage instead.

Wow, we should definitely try and compile a list of Stevie's conquests, rumoured and otherwise.

Dave Young, Brian Kane, Lindsey Buckingham, Walter Egan, Don Henley, John David Souther, Mick Fleetwood, Curry Grant, Kim Anderson, Joe Walsh, Waddy Wachtel, Paul Fishkin, John Stewart, Jimmy Iovine, Brad Jeffries, Dennis Dunstan, Rupert Hine, Johnny Starbuck, Doug Casper, Glen Parrish, Les Dudek.

Hmm, I heard tabloid rumours of both Jack Nicholson and the Governor of CA at the time Jerry Brown.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
When did we learn that Stevie had an affair with Dennis Wilson? That one's completely news to me.

I do know that Stevie and Christine both dated Curry Grant at some point, and those relationships had to be pretty close to overlapping.

By the way, and not to sound like "Great Defender of Stevie" here again, but you guys and gals do all realize that you can date someone and NOT be sleeping with them, right?
Not saying that she didn't... just that our minds shouldn't automatically assume it as fact that she did.
Yes, I think people are assuming a lot. Besides I don't think Lindsey was this big martyr innocent either. He was doing drugs and having sex with groupies. It's all just part of Rock & Roll.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Let's not forget the always rumored involvement with Tom Petty.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
When it comes to details we don't know much at all so instead of giving the benefit of the doubt, let's just bunch every person in any band under the same catergory. No room for individuals, just rock 'n' roll. Actually if this is just rock 'n' roll, shouldn't atleast one member have killed themself by now?
I don't see any benefit of the doubt in this thread
Old 07-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now I heard about Bob Dylan too.

As for Lindsey, I don't think he was too nice about Stevie. He knew that he would look like an ass if he said too much, because he is the man. Men usually aren't the catty ones and I guess he knew that.

His lyrics in TUSK are mostly about her and they are not nice. He also was not very nice on that tour. Then later, he spoke about her and called her tour a "lounge act". He also did an interview ( can't ever remember the guy's name my God) where he wasn't too terribly nice about her solo career.

After he left the band, if anyone asked him if he'd go back, he'd like almost hiss and bite like on Vh1 to 1.

He didn't take her signed Bella Donna album. He did kind of throw Carol Ann in her face. I mean Lindsey wasn't flawless.

As for Stevie, she has admitted to sleeping with ALOT of rock stars. I guess it was TISL time she admitted this. It's ok, it was the time ( late 70's early 80's, come on) and then she was a coke head and then a klonopin head and I'm sure she wasn't always in charge of herself 100%. But she never cheated on a husband ( who knows about Kim) but she was mostly single and having a good time. She was hot and guys wanted her and she enjoyed herself.

But I am so sure there are many more men we don't know about...
I don't believe her and Tom ever did anything. He was more of the brother...but what about Mike Campbell??? Boz Scaggs ( she said she was staying with him at one time..)??
Old 07-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter
Yes, I think people are assuming a lot. Besides I don't think Lindsey was this big martyr innocent either. He was doing drugs and having sex with groupies. It's all just part of Rock & Roll.
Assuming a lot about what? That Stevie had affairs with just about every man Lindsey ever knew including childhood idols, his musician friends and famous singer-songwriters in other high profile bands? We didn't think that was just an assumption. Maybe some of these men are lying about her? It's a possibility, but the information is out there in the public domain and has been for many years. Besides, nobody said LB was a martyr. He got his licks in when he wanted to. He just did it in a childish manner directed to her in person not via trashing her personally in the press or having affairs with all her women friends in her entourage or other female rock stars of the day. Nobody said he was a boy scout. We were simply commenting on what it must have been like for him to sit in the same room with her and help her with her songs while she was having relationships with people he could not avoid either. Is it any wonder why he became such a recluse? The only assumption I see is that he remained friends with a lot of these men she was with. I'm sure he couldn't avoid the entire music industry at some point. I know that's an overstatement, but I think you can see what we're getting at. She left him and I don't think there is any dispute he still loved her when that happened. He never wanted her to go.

I see a slight difference in him moving on to random nobodies for companionship or sex because his woman didn't want him anymore, and what she did in having known affairs with many men in his social circle and working environment. He also still had to see her all the time in working situations. I don't think I could have done what he did and lived to tell about it, except maybe from a cell at San Quenton awating execution or doing 30 years to life. Wisper murder in your ear.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 07-03-2005 at 01:32 PM..
Old 07-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
When it comes to details we don't know much at all so instead of giving the benefit of the doubt, let's just bunch every person in any band under the same catergory. No room for individuals, just rock 'n' roll. Actually if this is just rock 'n' roll, shouldn't atleast one member have killed themself by now?

I'm pretty sure it's been documented a few times that Lindsey indulged in the groupie scene from time to time. Not that it makes him a bad person or anything, but Lindsey wasn't a saint either. I don't think that's tarring the whole band with the same brush to say they had their fair share of fun (as did Christine for that matter).

There used to be a great thread on the old Buckingham Nicks board about Lindsey's encounters with groupies and what they said about him. It was very funny.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There used to be a great thread on the old Buckingham Nicks board about Lindsey's encounters with groupies and what they said about him. It was very funny.
I never knew this, oh my gosh. What did they say?!?!?!?!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Hmm, I heard tabloid rumours of both Jack Nicholson and the Governor of CA at the time Jerry Brown.
I've heard Jerry Brown (who also dated Linda Ronstadt (sp?) but not Jack Nicholson!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Interesting

Lindsey never dated any music stars (that we know of). He's always been with ladies nobody has heard of. Even Anne Heche wasn't famous when he dated her.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
To be fair, if it's the thread I'm thinking about, it was about only one groupie: Connie Hamzy, aka "Sweet Connie." She recounted her "adventures" with the Mac, including Lindsey, in a few paragraphs of her tell-all book.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Ew.

Quote:
Yeah, that lady, Connie, who was on Dave Attell's show mentioned doing Lindsey and John. Blergh!! Barf!!! Vomit!!! Puke!!! Ugh.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I've only got a vague memory of it Janet, sorry. It was quite a while back. I seem to remember some renowned groupie talking about giving Linds some "relief" in the studio one time. I'm sure she said he was a bit shy.

Nancy will probably remember better.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
To be fair, if it's the thread I'm thinking about, it was about only one groupie: Connie Hamzy, aka "Sweet Connie." She recounted her "adventures" with the Mac, including Lindsey, in a few paragraphs of her tell-all book.

That might well be it. It was pretty funny from what I recall.
Didn't she bed Mick as well?