User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:34 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
If you don't want your name to be visible on the forum, this isn't the way to go about it.
Don't worry, I have been constantly requesting the admins to remove me for the past several days. You won't have to deal with me any longer. I can of course just leave and stop posting, but I want my profile formally expunged.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
the stiletto cuts quick, like a whip through the air

I might be the only one, but I've always assumed this lyric from Firelies was a reference to her hurling a high-heel shoe at Lindsey during a fight.
I always found that lyric odd in its use of the word “stiletto”. No way to say for sure that happened but I could see it. I remember Stevie talking about, if any of her fans ever tried to get on stage and hurt her, “these 6 inch heel boots would not feel good in their face”
Old 10-26-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A stiletto is also a type of knife. It still is problematic as a simile (whips and knives don't really "cut through the air quickly" in a similar manner), but it's probably what she was going for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiletto

Old 10-26-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m surprised these people don’t have restraining orders against each other.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I didn't say that, so stop it. Look, if you think man-on-man or woman-on-woman violence is equivalent to man-on-woman violence, then you're truly sick. Get help.
It's not even about man on woman violence, it's just that it's domestic violence. Violence from one romantic partner to another, regardless of their gender, is a very specific situation unlike other forms of violence due to the emotional/psychological situation that entails.

So I agree, Stevie throwing a chair at Chris or jumping Lindsey during Tango were bad things she shouldn't have done but you really can't put it in the same breathe as Lindsey regularly abusing his girlfriend.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
A stiletto is also a type of knife. It still is problematic as a simile (whips and knives don't really "cut through the air quickly" in a similar manner), but it's probably what she was going for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiletto
indeed, the shoe heel was named for the knife-- high heeled shoes had wider, thicker heels and then tall very narrow heels came into style and were named for their resemblance the the knife.

Stilettos were common means of killing someone quickly and furtively and because of this are common in Shakespeare and other dramatic plays. People could hide them in the robes they wore in those times or in their garters (which men wore to hold up their silk socks or 'stockings'). You could quickly whip out the stiletto, stab your victim, put the knife back in your clothing and move on before anyone could see anything happening. So I always thought in Fireflies, which is of course all about the tribulations in the band, when she says "the stiletto cuts quick" it's a reference to all the hurt the five fireflies inflict on each other.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
This type of violence is never okay. Doesn't matter whether it's a man or a woman. Case closed.
Indeed, but when it comes the her Highness, everything is aceptable.
And why is that? Because a man is stronger than a woman? Height and strenght are irrelevant when you're on drugs.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie Nicks is the Joan Crawford of rock n roll.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
I think this is the tweet that's being discussed, but it looks like it's from an older account Billy used to use:

"OKay, there was one time that Stevie a Chris were fighting (don't ask me why!) and Stvie picked up a chair and lobbed it at Chris!"

Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/RockaBilly4ever/...77510807330816

Interestingly a few tweets above that he says Stevie can hold a grudge.
I think Ken proved that when he pointed out how Stevie hated his dog, til the bitter end.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Ugh, another failure at reading comprehension. I never defended anyone. If it happened (which I suspect a mountain is being made of a molehill), of course it's wrong. But it doesn't rise to the level of man-on-woman violence. To make those equivalent is the very definition of amoral. So, yes, you should be ashamed.
The level of violence depends on .... the violence, not the gender. Of course, male on female violence is the biggest problem because it is the most prevalent. Yes, a man can inflict more severe injury than a woman, because he’s stronger. The violence that CAH described is very severe and is does not compare to Stevie throwing a chair at Christine which chair never made contact with Christine, but if Stevie hit Christine over the head with a club or knifed Lindsey, then that’s not a lesser problem than Lindsey’s alleged violence, whether Stevie is a woman, man or other.

Bonnie was not less problematic than Clyde. BUT if your point is Stevie throwing a chair at Christine and missing is not as bad as Lindsey pulling CAH’s hair out by the roots, I agree with you.

And you know more than 3 people here, Ed.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Don't worry, I have been constantly requesting the admins to remove me for the past several days. You won't have to deal with me any longer. I can of course just leave and stop posting, but I want my profile formally expunged.
That’s not happening. Michele
Old 10-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The level of violence depends on .... the violence, not the gender. Of course, male on female violence is the biggest problem because it is the most prevalent. Yes, a man can inflict more severe injury than a woman, because he’s stronger. The violence that CAH described is very severe and is does not compare to Stevie throwing a chair at Christine which chair never made contact with Christine, but if Stevie hit Christine over the head with a club or knifed Lindsey, then that’s not a lesser problem than Lindsey’s alleged violence, whether Stevie is a woman, man or other.

Bonnie was not less problematic than Clyde. BUT if your point is Stevie throwing a chair at Christine and missing is not as bad as Lindsey pulling CAH’s hair out by the roots, I agree with you.

And you know more than 3 people here, Ed.
Unless of course she has a gun, or a knife. Have you ever seen the movies Fatal Attraction or Play Misty For Me?! For Realz!
Old 10-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Unless of course she has a gun, or a knife. Have you ever seen the movies Fatal Attraction or Play Misty For Me?! For Realz!
But let’s be honest, female violence is much more rare. That’s why it makes such a bigger splash when it happens Lorena Bobbitt, anyone?

I don’t like false equivalencies. I was just ranting about the NYT article on the bomb threats today, for that reason.

But I don’t think Lindsey physically abused or out violenced anyone in that honor forsaken band. What he did to girlfriends aside from Stevie, I can’t say.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:32 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

I believe someone is posting under another’s ID. Do not do that.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But let’s be honest, female violence is much more rare. That’s why it makes such a bigger splash when it happens Lorena Bobbitt, anyone?

I don’t like false equivalencies. I was just ranting about the NYT article on the bomb threats today, for that reason.

But I don’t think Lindsey physically abused or out violenced anyone in that honor forsaken band. What he did to girlfriends aside from Stevie, I can’t say.
I agree. Just had to throw that out there because female on male violence does happen. Ouch, you brought Lorena up!