The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

FFS, now the argument is Stevie is a horrible person because she never had a baby which would have changed her. What misogynistic crap. Would never be said about a man.

Also, I maintain that there is more to the story/firing than smirking and Rhiannon. People are just gobbling up Lindsey’s comments as complete truth. Has anyone here been fired? I have, once. Unfairly, but I did have some responsibility. But I refused to look at my contribution to the problem for several months. When I talked about it, I claimed 100% innocence and never told the entire story.

Finally, the band was very rude to make fun of her in front of an audience. She can talk as long as she goddamn wants. They don’t like it - tell her directly. What a bunch of obnoxious children. These people stopped liking and respecting each other a long time ago.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Ledgie

Default Beautiful Child, Or Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
FFS, now the argument is Stevie is a horrible person because she never had a baby which would have changed her. What misogynistic crap. Would never be said about a man.

Also, I maintain that there is more to the story/firing than smirking and Rhiannon. People are just gobbling up Lindsey’s comments as complete truth. Has anyone here been fired? I have, once. Unfairly, but I did have some responsibility. But I refused to look at my contribution to the problem for several months. When I talked about it, I claimed 100% innocence and never told the entire story.

Finally, the band was very rude to make fun of her in front of an audience. She can talk as long as she goddamn wants. They don’t like it - tell her directly. What a bunch of obnoxious children. These people stopped liking and respecting each other a long time ago.

So what if Stevie and Christine never had kids? Does not diminish them one whit. Childfree people are full humans in their own right. And you're spot on about the mysoginism - no one says anything of the kind about men!! What if Stevie and/or Chris had kids, and left them at home with their husbands while the ladies went on tour...they'd be called 'bad moms.' But when Mick, John, and Lindsey leave their kids at home with their wives, it's considered perfectly normal.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I want to start this post by genuinely and honestly conveying that I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this question. It's not a trap!

Initially, the band said LB's firing was the result of a scheduling conflict, which morphed over time into them saying they, collectively, had been unhappy for years. (I think it's important that Mick has never singled anyone out when he describes the band's position.)

For months we've been waiting for Lindsey to give his side of the story. Yesterday he finally did, via Rolling Stone. You are cautioning people not to believe Lindsey's side of the story completely because there are two sides to this conflict. Fair.

My question is: which parts of Lindsey's story do you not believe and why?

The reason I ask is that LB's versions of events, to those of us who have been discussing it (ad nauseum, haha) for the past few months seems to more closely align with other information we knew to be true (i.e., some sort of argument at MusiCares, this plan in motion beforehand given when Mike joined, etc.) On the other hand, scheduling conflicts and deep-seeded unhappiness among the band, strains credulity (i.e., a scheduling conflict is no reason to fire a 43-year member of the band, and everyone outside of Stevie seemed to be getting along swimmingly for LB/CM last year).

So anyway, in the spirit of understanding where everyone is coming from, I'm just curious how much of LB's version of events you're willing to buy and what your reasoning is. And if you don't want to respond, that's fine, too. Just wanted to ask!
Old 10-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise5 View Post
So what if Stevie and Christine never had kids? Does not diminish them one whit. Childfree people are full humans in their own right. And you're spot on about the mysoginism - no one says anything of the kind about men!! What if Stevie and/or Chris had kids, and left them at home with their husbands while the ladies went on tour...they'd be called 'bad moms.' But when Mick, John, and Lindsey leave their kids at home with their wives, it's considered perfectly normal.
Know what? I'm a MAN. A fairly selfish, self centered man. I live my life making MYSELF happy. It's all about ME.

Is it not plausible to say that if I'd had children, I probably wouldn't be the selfish person I am today? That I'd have a different outlook on life?

But I guess since I have a penis, it's okay to say that about me. But if I had a vagina, it's forbidden? Do I have that right?
Old 10-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post

I really still maintain my belief that, had the woman gone ahead and had that baby, and by necessity had to have grown up in the process by the mere fact of having to put someone before her own darn spoiled self from then on, she might have turned out a tolerable human being.
Now, Oh my word. What a sad caricature of a creature in every sense of the word. It just goes to show one about choices.

MOO

Sas
Really? Can you try any harder on the misogyny? I don't think so.

Stevie made her choices and why would she regret them? The fact that she did something you don't agree with does not make her whole life miserable. Also, the fact that you have children does obviously not make you any less petty.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

While I fully agree with your first two paragraphs. Lindsey does sound a little too innocent, given what we know about his personality. I took the situation during Musicares as a friendly banter between friends, I would have laughed if my bandmates would make gimmicks behind my back because they find my ramblings a bit annoying, all in good fun (Mick, John and Chris ARE brits after all, let them have their scurile humour). I'm sure ever member of the band told her again and again to keep it short, before they settled for making fun of her ramblings. I think that Stevie was angry when Lindsey did not want one of her most famous songs playing when FM entered the stage, because that would have made everything even more about her and not the band, something she liked and he did not. And that was the big bang.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Even Bill Clinton is getting up to leave during Stevie's talk--and he loves endless talking!
Old 10-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why is she so proud of the "I talked for 46 minutes and sang for 2 hours?" Who the hell wants to go to a concert and hear rambling for a third of it?

Her whole MusicCares speech is ridiculous and they should have rolled their eyes. 90 year olds today played Fleetwood Mac in their cribs for their babies? Lady, I'm 37 and my parents are in their early 60's. No 90 year olds in 2018 were playing Landslide for their babies you weirdo.

"Are you nervous? And I said, no, he didn't even say are you nervous, he just looked at my face and said are you okay?" SHUT UP

Last edited by jmn3; 10-11-2018 at 09:39 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Even Bill Clinton is getting up to leave during Stevie's talk--and he loves endless talking!
Bill Clinton was returning to his seat after having been onstage announcing the Music Cares award and introducing the band.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Bill Clinton was returning to his seat after having been onstage announcing the Music Cares award and introducing the band.
Ok, I stand corrected.
I couldn't bear to actually watch the whole clip or listen to an awkward monologue, so I just skipped to the eye-rolling/waltzing part as recommended.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Why is she so proud of the "I talked for 46 minutes and sang for 2 hours?" Who the hell wants to go to a concert and hear rambling for a third of it?

Full arenas of people for months, apparently.

Her whole MusicCares speech is ridiculous and they should have rolled their eyes. 90 year olds today played Fleetwood Mac in their cribs for their babies? Lady, I'm 37 and my parents are in their early 60's. No 90 year olds in 2018 were playing Landslide for their babies you weirdo.

FM got famous in the mid 70s. Some fans from that time who had kids are likely pushing 90 today.

"Are you nervous? And I said, no, he didn't even say are you nervous, he just looked at my face and said are you okay?" SHUT UP

Too bad Lindsey didn't get to perform a hymn to his penis at the event like "My Little Demon" or "Come." People would have liked that!

Last edited by mitzo; 10-11-2018 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: formatting
Old 10-12-2018, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From the article in Variety:

So why did Buckingham get forced out? Loeb & Loeb evidently decided the lawsuit was not the place to go there, even as they attempt to methodically knock down all the official explanations that Nicks, Fleetwood and the two McVies have offered up in interviews.

So the real reasons are still not known; the suit focuses on the method of his ousting and the aftermath.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
From the article in Variety:

So why did Buckingham get forced out? Loeb & Loeb evidently decided the lawsuit was not the place to go there, even as they attempt to methodically knock down all the official explanations that Nicks, Fleetwood and the two McVies have offered up in interviews.

So the real reasons are still not known; the suit focuses on the method of his ousting and the aftermath.
Likely because WHY he was booted would reflect poorly on him.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Too bad Lindsey didn't get to perform a hymn to his penis at the event like "My Little Demon" or "Come." People would have liked that!
Well, with Stevies "my walls are flaming" and Christines "slip your hands inside of my glove", you should be careful what euphemisms you are condemning in a FM forum. Yust saying.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

And now Stevie is singing about breaking off a guy's magic stick! Yikes!