User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow Year in review 2017

Another year is over but 2017 was a pretty good year for Mac fans. I was disappointed there was not a new Mac album. However there were highlights of the year. I got to see Stevie solo in March and Lindsey and Christine solo in November. Each concert was very good. I am not a fan of 25K Gold but really was surprised how much I enjoyed to hear the songs live. Buckingham/McVie was just too good to be true. Did anyone ever believe we would hear Wish You Were Here and Hold Me live in the same concert?
There was also the Tango deluxe package that was released this year too. Everyone seems really happy so lets hope they all stay healthy.

Highlights for me
Sitting behind Stevie's dogs at the Pittsburgh show. I did not know if its her step son, her assistant, or nephew. Young guy who brought the dogs out after the Pretenders. I had fantastic seats for that show. I could see Stevie backstage even before she came out.

I love the youtube show I think is from Cleveland where some woman yells WE LOVE YOU CHRISTINE before the music starts and Christine blows them a kiss. Love that!

Loved hearing Crying In The Night live. Thank goodness Waddy talked Stevie into it. Wow that song rocks live and its about time it made it to a stage.

I love seeing Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine so happy on stage. Each of their tours you could see they loved every moment of the shows they performed.

Happy New Year everyone. Lets hope 2018 is a good one.

What were your 2017 highlights of the Mac? This board is amazing and loved reading all the reviews of the concerts. Definitely another highlight.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-29-2017 at 07:51 AM..
Old 12-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The BuckVie album was an amazing gift, and I still listen to it all the time. Two BuckVie shows for me made it an excellent Mac year.

I'll go to one show for the 2018 Mac tour, but I'm not looking forward to getting raped on prices.

My biggest hope for the future is another BuckVie project/tour. This last one really fulfilled my heart.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another funny surprise was the line dancing video for Red Sun. So funny
Old 12-29-2017, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2017 was a great Fleetwood Mac year for me. I got to see Stevie solo 3 times and went to 1 BuckVie show. Well technically my Nashville Stevie show was in 2016, but it was November so I'm counting it! This was also my first time seeing any of the Mac live. I became a fan during the OWTS Tour, much later than a lot of people here. However, funds weren't great during 2014-2015, so I didn't get to see FM. I honestly thought that I may never see any of them live. Then, Stevie announced the 24 Karat Gold Tour, and I was absolutely over the moon! This tour was phenomenal and more than I could have ever asked for! Stevie sounded great, the stage was gorgeous, and I could never thank her enough for bringing out songs like Bella Donna/Wild Heart and CITN. My favorite Stevie tour memory happened at the St. Charles, MO show. During her Edge tambourine walk, I waved at Stevie and she noticed me and waved back! Then, we had the glorious Buckingham McVie album! I truly do not think there is a bad song on this album. Even SATC, which I hated at first, has grown on me. Lindsey and Christine really make magic together! I went to the St. Louis show and had one of the best nights of my life. I made my way to front row during Feel About You and stayed there for the remainder of the show. The energy was electrifying and Chris and Linds killed it! I never thought I would get to hear Hold Me live. It's in my top 5 of FM songs, and I'm so thankful that they put it in the set! Highlights from this night were when I shouted, "I love you Christine!" and she blew me a kiss! I also got to strum Lindsey's guitar during GYOW which was amazing! Lastly, as I was leaving the venue and walking to the parking garage, Christine's car was exiting and she rolled down her window to say goodbye! I'm so happy that I got to interact with my favorite musicians; it means the world to me. Sorry this is so long, but 2017 was memorable for me, and I absolutely cannot wait for what 2018 has in store!
Old 12-29-2017, 03:59 PM

Buckingham/McVie album and tour were one of the highlights of my life, (FM wise)

Rope it in with Lindsey OOTC tour and Christine's 1984 solo tour.

I feel blessed to see the show 3 times and then go to the grammy Q&A and breath the same air. Lindsey and Christine are amazing. Thank you for a fantastic 2017!!!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-29-2017 at 04:21 PM..
Old 12-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Buck/Vie album is really good. But does everyone remember when we all first heard Sleeping Around the Corner in 2017. I do believe we all seemed underwhelmed. But boy did that change once the album came out fully. Now its definitely one of the better tunes on the album.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

definitely a great year for FM related happenings - the best one since 2012 as far as i'm concerned, although news of Chris rejoining back in 2013/14 was huge.

we started the year unsure whether BuckVie album will really be happening or it's all just empty hopes. then the album was announced and we were not sure whether they'll actually tour it, Lindsey and Christine together. then the first tour date (Seattle) popped up!!!!!! it was really happening!!

i figured we can't know whether this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and i should make sure to live it fully. i went to 11 BuckVie shows. they did one leg and then extended to another since it was going so well. i saw them in 7 different states - NC, DC/VA, PA, OH, NY, WV and TX. each show was different and so well worth it - both for the shows and all the people i got to meet and stuff i got to do before or after the shows. i got to hang out again with some very very dear fantastic friends (some of them i haven't seen since 2012 and it was so amazing to have the opportunity to catch up!), got to finally meet in person some long time online friends and confidants, and got to make some great new ones!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-29-2017, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A good year I guess due to the Buckingham McVie album (still rather bummed they didn't come to the UK this year).

However, I still feel a sense of let-down overall with the lack of (specifically) Fleetwood Mac-related activity. After all, this was the 50 year anniversary of the band. For a number of years I'd looked forward to 2017 as being a momentous year likely to feature a plethora of commemorative events and releases. In the end we got the Tango box-set and an expensive Mick Fleetwood picture book. Big deal. Tango is probably my favourite FM album and yet its the deluxe version I've played the least. Even if I could afford it I wouldn't give Mick 400 quid for his photo album. Love Buckingham McVie but I'd have much, much preferred a full Fleetwood Mac record.

Over-joyed to have new music from Christine, but I still have a hollow feel. The glass is half empty.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
A good year I guess due to the Buckingham McVie album (still rather bummed they didn't come to the UK this year).
you know i've been thinking... you know how BuckVie tour was going essentially concurrently with the Mac Classic shows, all around and in between them? and also Pretenders were doing solo gigs around the gigs with Stevie (Chrissie said in some interview that Stevie tour is much slower than she'd like, meaning Stevie takes several days breaks between shows)?

Mac does relatively slow schedule too, kinda like Stevie - they never do more than 3 shows in a row, but mostly just 2, with days in between. what if BuckVie or Lindsey solo did some of those in between dates? Lindsey solo usually plays 4-5 dates in a row with 1 day break in between. BuckVie were mostly doing 3 dates in a row, with 1 day in between. so if Lindsey solo would consider doing some dates in between Mac dates, he can theoretically tour UK / Europe or maybe even Australia solo, because all his equipment and his backing band would already be there shipped by Mac anyway. other than OMS, if they'd consider something like that i see it as a possibility for either BuckVie or Lindsey solo in 2018, concurrently with Mac tour. i wonder whether they'd consider it??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-29-2017, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buck Vie album was great but still heartbroken it wasn't a final album from all 5. For this reason I will never see FM live again.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Another funny surprise was the line dancing video for Red Sun. So funny
Ahhh, hahahahaha, that still makes me smile and laugh. Best random video ever!!!!
Old 12-30-2017, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My 2017 Mac highlights were definitely the 5 BuckVie concerts I attended and the Classic East.

It was a huge effort for me to attend every concert but I enjoyed each of them very much. I made new friends and finally met some online ones, and hopefully we'll meet again next year.

It was fantastic to see Christine and Lindsey live doing their own thing away from FM, so happy and free. Happy Lindsey, grumpy Lindsey is fine by me. I love him no matter what, and I got to strum his guitar 4 times.

Christine was a gift. And I have to thank both for "pushing" the other into doing this. Let's hope for more BuckVie.

Classic East was a blast. I had so much fun and got to meet great (and sooo drunk!) people there. FM concert wasn't what I expected but it was ok and it'll be until next year.

Like FuzzyPlum I have this FM void I have the feeling it won't ever be filled. Stevie's reluctance to do another FM album made me dislike her. And the lack of interaction among the band members with all the band anniversaries during the year was dissapointed. With every anniversary I was waiting for something, anything. It certainly will be an interesting 2018 tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Finally getting around to this-
The entire BuckVie experience was a tremendous gift to the fans. I saw them in Chicago, Huber Heights, Indy and Milwaukee on Halloween. When they announced a second leg I flipped out! I should have been at the Detroit show too but I'll try to let it go in 2018. Autographed vinyl was a perk I didn't expect. They played a lot of new music live and I toted my sign to each show. It was such a thrill whenever my sign was acknowledged by Chris and Lindsey. Still haven't found any video of LB reading my sign out loud in Indy tho.

I saw Stevie in Indy with my niece and she still asks me if there will be a DVD and she hopes we're in it. We'll see. Stevie playing at Ravinia was cool since she's never been there before. Crying In The Night live was most definitely my favorite.

Love Tango Deluxe. Still listening to it along with the other deluxes. I just want a final FM album of new music. It hasn't bothered me too much because I was occupied with BuckVie and the 24 Karat tour. Now I'm starting to think more about what's coming up in 2018 and what isn't.....