User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
There is no way a Fleetwood Mac album will be released without Stevie Nicks.
Fleetwood Mac Albums without Stevie Nicks:

Dog & Dustbin
Mr Wonderful
Pious Bird Of Good Omen
English Rose
Then Play On
Blues Jam At Chess
Live At The Boston Tea Party Vol 1 - 3
Kiln House
Future Games
Bare Trees
Penguin
Mystery To Me
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Tango In The Night (for all intents)
Time

Fleetwood Mac Albums WITH Stevie Nicks:

Fleetwood Mac
Rumours
Tusk
Live
Mirage
Tango In The Night
Behind The Mask
The Dance
Live In Boston
Say You Will

History kind of disproves your point.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Fleetwood Mac Albums without Stevie Nicks:

Dog & Dustbin
Mr Wonderful
Pious Bird Of Good Omen
English Rose
Then Play On
Blues Jam At Chess
Live At The Boston Tea Party Vol 1 - 3
Kiln House
Future Games
Bare Trees
Penguin
Mystery To Me
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Tango In The Night (for all intents)
Time

Fleetwood Mac Albums WITH Stevie Nicks:

Fleetwood Mac
Rumours
Tusk
Live
Mirage
Tango In The Night
Behind The Mask
The Dance
Live In Boston
Say You Will

History kind of disproves your point.

No. My point is moving Forward Fleetwood Mac will not record
an album without Stevie Nicks.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. Lindsey himself explicitly said so as recently as last year. I truly doubt that Christine's return (which perhaps was even in the works by then), changes that fact.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Agreed. Lindsey himself explicitly said so as recently as last year. I truly doubt that Christine's return (which perhaps was even in the works by then), changes that fact.
i think there's a [probably slight] chance you all are wrong.

when i asked Mick last year, before Christine's return, whether they would consider releasing an album with just Christine if Stevie is not interested, while still touring with Stevie if Christine is not interested, he said, yes, sure. all options are on the table. so i think that they may be even more on the table now when Christine is really back, full time.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Maybe this is one of the things that Stevie learned from Rod Stewart while doing those mini-tours with him. How to balance recording solo albums and getting the "home office" band to tour playing songs from your solo album at the same time.

Here's the scenario:

Stevie's recording a SOLO album, BUT, not doing a solo TOUR to back it up...what she does is get Fleetwood Mac to play the songs she wants to promote from the album.

It worked for Rod Stewart for about 4 or 5 years juggling his solo albums & touring with Faces (and Faces performing songs from Rod Stewart's solo albums after they're released). He didn't have to do a solo tour until after Faces finally called it a day (which was only after Ronnie Wood joined the Stones full-time).

So, maybe the new Fleetwood Mac album will be "sans Stevie" as far as songwriting & lead vocals are concerned, but she'll have a concurrent solo album out & performing the "hit potential" songs from it WITH Fleetwood Mac. It'll give Lindsey & Christine more room for their material on the FMac album, too.

I can very well see this as a compromise solution. All she has to do is get Lindsey to buy in...(by getting him to play on a few songs on her solo album...just like Rod got Ronnie Wood to play on most of his solo albums as well as Faces albums; there was already a "connection" with the material)...I think Mick will do anything to keep her "happy" & in the band. Seems that Christine may have done some keyboard parts on Stevie's songs while in Nashville, as well. So, Christine will have some vested interest in playing the songs live, too.
This sounds good on paper, but ultimately I don't think anyone would be huge on Stevie coming in and saying, "I don't want to record with y'all, but how about we promote my new music on our tour!" Kind of a slap in the face. The blow would be lessened a bit by the others having had a hand in some of the solo songs, yes, but I still don't see anything like that ever happening. Too many egos and too much politics.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Their loss. And, another nail in the Fleetwood Mac coffin of creativity.

(with apologies to Lord Tennyson):

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Nostalgia
Rode the Five Fireflies.
"Forward, the Fleetwood Mac!
"Charge for the charts!" he said:
Into the valley of Nostalgia
Rode the Five Fireflies.

"Forward, the Fleetwood Mac!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the drummer knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Nostalgia
Rode the Five Fireflies.

Crowd to left of them,
Jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
Rock'd and thunder'd;
(Only happens when it is raining),
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Nostalgia,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the Five Fireflies.

Flash'd all their guitars bare,
Flash'd as they spun'd in air,
Slayed the audience with guitars there,
Charging an audience, while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the marijuana-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
From Tusk onward
Reel'd from the guitar stroke
Shatter'd and sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the Five Fireflies.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild tours they made!
All the world wondered.
Honor the albums they made,
Honor the Fleetwood Mac,
Beyond & before the Five Fireflies.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
This sounds good on paper, but ultimately I don't think anyone would be huge on Stevie coming in and saying, "I don't want to record with y'all, but how about we promote my new music on our tour!" Kind of a slap in the face. The blow would be lessened a bit by the others having had a hand in some of the solo songs, yes, but I still don't see anything like that ever happening. Too many egos and too much politics.
she keeps slapping them in the face for years, and they keep taking it. so history seems to show they'd take it again. actually they seem to be taking it as we speak. if i were her, i'd see no reason not to keep doing it, too!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont know but I think she's doing more in Nashville that we know of.

I'm thinking positive for a change,

Again I have to give her credit for what she is doing at her age when most people are about to retire or retired in Florida or where ever or working part time at Walmart,Home Depot or for her sake as a waitress at Ruby Tuesdays.

And God bless her that she can still do what she loves and enjoy singing to us fans.

I just let her do what her sweet little wildheart wants to do.

I remember all the fuss about the IYD DVD. We got it. Some of us got it signed.I just sit back and let all fall together.

I know if Dave is involve .He probably will be filming the action there what ever whats going on in Nashville or LA..

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I dont know but I think she's doing more in Nashville that we know of.

I'm thinking positive for a change,

I remember all the fuss about the IYD DVD. We got it. Some of us got it signed.I just sit back and let all fall together.

I know if Dave is involve .He probably will be filming the action there what ever whats going on in Nashville or LA..
I like your optimism!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
And God bless her that she can still do what she loves and enjoy singing to us fans.

I just let her do what her sweet little wildheart wants to do.
i actually agree with you (just to make it clear). i think she should be doing what she wants and loves.

my beef is not with her, my beef is with the rest of the FM. i think they should let her do what she wants to, but if what she's doing does not fit with what they are doing, they should go their own way just like she is.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I like your optimism!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i actually agree with you (just to make it clear). i think she should be doing what she wants and loves.

my beef is not with her, my beef is with the rest of the FM. i think they should let her do what she wants to, but if what she's doing does not fit with what they are doing, they should go their own way just like she is.

Yes. At this point I'm not going to get all worked up over whats going on with them.

I wish they lassoed Chris in the band couple years ago after Stevie finish her IYD tour and Lindsey s tour and they could work their schedules to get something done and have Chris tour last year in the states..

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I wonder if Mick is over compensating for a lack of something...
Old 04-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I'm thrilled by this news! A new Stevie solo album one year and a new Mac album the next... that hasn't happened for the past 25 years.

This is win/win. The more music, the better.
I agree...this hasn't happened in like the past 25 years. It's like the old days. However, the cycle...timing is off, which makes everything unpredictable. There are so many unknown factors. It's great Stevie is recording an album. It will be interesting to see when her new music vs. FMs new music is released. Stevie always gets so much more airplay and sales as a member of FM than solo (past several years), so I'm hoping her solo release isn't lost in the FM touring/album release. On one hand, I love the fact that we are going to get all this new music, but I also want to hear them on the radio again. Not hoping for top 40, just airplay.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I agree...this hasn't happened in like the past 25 years. It's like the old days. However, the cycle...timing is off, which makes everything unpredictable. There are so many unknown factors. It's great Stevie is recording an album. It will be interesting to see when her new music vs. FMs new music is released. Stevie always gets so much more airplay and sales as a member of FM than solo (past several years), so
I'm hoping her solo release isn't lost in the FM touring/album release. On one hand, I love the fact that we are going to get all this new music, but I also want to hear them on the radio again. Not hoping for top 40, just airplay.
This is exactly what they are talking about in the "Rumours" section...I don't think Stevie will put a new album out and then go on the road with FM instead of touring with her new music...
Old 04-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a link to the interview where Stevie discusses "two different tours next year" (near the 1:00 mark), which seems to suggest that Stevie is planning a separate solo tour at some point in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-ymkK2ko0

I guess it's possible that all of this has been planned all along, with a quick release of a solo project and quick promotional tour, followed by a larger tour with FM. But with FM rehearsals starting at the end of the summer, it's hard to see how she could pull that off. My bet is that she does a quick tour this summer unrelated to any album before heading into rehearsals, and holds her solo album for next year.