User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I think she went too far. It wasn't too classy. JMO.
We agree again! Definitely not classy. She just had to keep repeating that this is all lies and being supportive to Lindsey without stooping to using MF....I mean not nice for her kids to read, right?

Also if Lindsey chose to ever go back to the band, KB is going to look like a bit of a fool
Old 08-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I disagree that Stevie did not have the intention of bringing Mike in before MusiCares...the turnaround for Lindsey to be fired and Mike hired is far too fast, in fact it was almost instantly.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. I doubt she considered him an option for Fleetwood Mac until the fallout with Lindsey. Tom was heavily on her mind at that point, she was headed to Hawaii after MusiCares, and she was probably planning a visit with Mike on that trip. Mike may have been in her thoughts, but that doesn’t equate to giving Lindsey the boot.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I disagree that Stevie did not have the intention of bringing Mike in before MusiCares...the turnaround for Lindsey to be fired and Mike hired is far too fast, in fact it was almost instantly. You can see that Neil WASNT pre planned as they took weeks to hire him after another rejected the offer.
He was approached before Musicares, and even if that's a lie, it all happened too fast. Even though they have all known Mike for a long time, you'd think he would need time to think about it, and yet Lindsey was fired a couple of days later.

Quote:
We agree again! Definitely not classy. She just had to keep repeating that this is all lies and being supportive to Lindsey without stooping to using MF....I mean not nice for her kids to read, right?

Also if Lindsey chose to ever go back to the band, KB is going to look like a bit of a fool
They're a dysfunctional family, but that only includes Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie. So there's a good chance that after that MF, he would be invited to rejoin the band and he will say 'yes'... and KB will look like a fool.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Spot in with the statement that Lindsey is unfazed with her success, he knew her before she was famous and won't stand for her diva behaviour. I think he does get jealous however and enjoys cutting her down to size at every opportunity.

I disagree that Stevie did not have the intention of bringing Mike in before MusiCares...the turnaround for Lindsey to be fired and Mike hired is far too fast, in fact it was almost instantly. You can see that Neil WASNT pre planned as they took weeks to hire him after another rejected the offer.
Just like Stevie loved him before he was famous (paraphrasing her own words) he loved her before she was famous. I think she is used to being put on a pedestal now, and he won't do it. I think they BOTH get jealous and it leads to BOTH of them getting nasty. And here we all are.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Definitely low brow, but given she likely knows more of the truth than any of us--seeing the lies slowly trickle out, is likely tough to take. Mick all but confirmed they lied in the CBS and Sirius interviews. KB dropping an "F-bomb" is no worse than the blatant lies Mick, John, Christine and Stevie are spinning. Or spun, since Mick's most recent comments all but confirm they lied. Dropping an "F-bomb"=poor judgement. Lying=Shotty integrity. Tougher to recover from shotty integrity. If LB were to ever go back to the band, KB would look no worse than the rest of them.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
KB will look like a fool.
I think Mick and Stevie have the monopoly (oligopoly..) in that department.

Quote:
Interviewer
Right. And prior to that, you thought the tour was going to be with Lindsey?

Stevie Nicks
Well, we didn't...

Christine McVie
Yes.

Mick Fleetwood
...know we had a tour. That was, is, part of the problem in terms of where it became a total impasse. The four of us had to come to a decision where we planned to be doing a large, huge, lovely Fleetwood Mac tour, and Lindsey, for sure, had very different opinions about when that should start. And the whole thing, without belaboring it, was percolating in a way that was not OK for the majority of the band in terms of knowing that we were going to go on tour. And he had, for whatever reasons... and Lindsey would, I'm sure, address it in terms of a project he was working on... but it's not about oh, what do you mean, why couldn't you wait, and all that stuff. We'd planned on doing what we were doing for a long, long time and the majority rules in terms of what we needed to do as a band and go forward. And it literally hit a brick wall after the show and Fleetwood Mac is no... you're sitting there, you're very conversant with the strange animal known as Fleetwood Mac.... and really, a lot of other sensibilities came into play where it just wasn't a happy situation. And we made that decision that we were going to part company.
Mick:
If I could turn the page
In Rolling Stone, then I'd rearrange
Just a lie or two

Stevie (brooding about Tom):
'Spose I, 'spose I, 'spose I die?

Mick:
But we forgot our scripts today
So let's just gaslight and pray
They'll believe it's true

Stevie:
Bag of, bag of, bag of lies

Mick: Sellin lies, sellin sweet little lies
Neil: Love u guys--phonecall was surprise!
Christine: I know, I'll just avert my eyes
Mick: Pays my wives. Mike: I was hypnotized!

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 08-07-2018 at 10:25 PM..
Old 08-07-2018, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think Mick and Stevie have the monopoly (oligopoly..) in that department.

Mick:
If I could turn the page
In Rolling Stone, then I'd rearrange
Just a lie or two

Stevie (brooding about Tom):
'Spose I, 'spose I, 'spose I die?

Mick:
But we forgot our scripts today
So let's just gaslight and pray
They'll believe it's true

Stevie:
Bag of, bag of, bag of lies

Mick: Sellin lies, sellin sweet little lies
Neil: Love u guys--phonecall was surprise!
Christine: I know, I'll just avert my eyes
Mick: Pays my wives. Mike: I was hypnotized!
Yeah, difference is they're rock stars, so everything is forgiven and forgotten as long as they perform together again.

I guarantee that many fans that are now spending all day calling names to Mick and Stevie on social media will run to buy tickets if Lindsey is ever part of the band again.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-07-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding Kristen calling Mick a Mother phucker, I seem to recall Wendy Welch using the exact same term right here on TL when she was upset about Bob not being inducted into the RARHOF.
On another note, calling someone a swear word in today's world of constant insults is really no big deal. The woman is angry and has every right to be. I say let her vent. It's not like I haven't used those words or more colorful ones when I feel angry.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hard to "love all the folks in the Mac" when you have LB's wife on the same side calling Mick a MF. Which is gonna be?

I think she went too far. It wasn't too classy. JMO.
Why? She's pissed that the Mother f'r is LYING about her husband. Obviously the real truth isn't out. Good for her.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Why? She's pissed that the Mother f'r is LYING about her husband. Obviously the real truth isn't out. Good for her.
Exactly. Dick Fleetwood is the SCUM of the Earth. Lying, cheating, WHORE of a man.

Truth be told, far worse of a human being that Old Goat Breath. At least she's delusional. Dick's just a cheap whore.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. Any angry derogatory words he has totally brought upon himself, that MF.
And in a time where conflict resolution skills seem totally out the window and people grab guns to settle differences, calling someone a slur is small potatoes, really.

I personally hope MF's "happiness meter" grinds to subzero with the empty seats and negative press and personnel issues in the forthcoming months. I cannot wait!!

Old 08-08-2018, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Regarding Kristen calling Mick a Mother phucker, I seem to recall Wendy Welch using the exact same term right here on TL when she was upset about Bob not being inducted into the RARHOF.
On another note, calling someone a swear word in today's world of constant insults is really no big deal. The woman is angry and has every right to be. I say let her vent. It's not like I haven't used those words or more colorful ones when I feel angry.
Oh agreed, I can swear like the best of them, but considering her position it wasn't the best strategy in my opinion. LBs reaction to the **** Stevie Nicks call at the political fundraiser shows he's personally choosing to be more dignified in his stance.
And sure MF totally deserves it but that's not the point really.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Mother.... f*^%er

Maybe Kristen can come on stage during Lindsey's upcoming tour to do the backing vocals for 'Family Man.'
Old 08-08-2018, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Agreed. Any angry derogatory words he has totally brought upon himself, that MF.
And in a time where conflict resolution skills seem totally out the window and people grab guns to settle differences, calling someone a slur is small potatoes, really.

I personally hope MF's "happiness meter" grinds to subzero with the empty seats and negative press and personnel issues in the forthcoming months. I cannot wait!!
I’m cutting Kristin some slack on this one. You should hear me talk after watching a few episodes of “Orange is the New Black!” Whoa!!

It must be infuriating from her perspective, what the band has done. All the lying and spinning of tales. Oh, and firing her hubby.

I have a feeling that there is way more to this than anyone knows, except
them. No one goes on social media and calls someone a MF***er unless they really f****d something up. And in the grand scheme of things, it’s peanuts compared to what the band did.

She has posted 1/2 dozen comments, or less, in the past 5 months, it’s not like she’s daily bashing anyone.

At least I feel confident she’s telling the truth. More than I can say for the rest of the band. Idiots.

Last edited by lovethemac1; 08-08-2018 at 06:53 AM..
Old 08-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I was trying to tell is that on one side you have Federico preaching peace and on the other side you have KB telling Mick to f*ck off. Hard to love all the folks on the Mac (what Federico wants) when KB is calling them names.