Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Complimentary CD With Purchase of Tour Tix

According to my Time Out New York, anyone who buys a pair of tickets to see Lindsey live on this tour will receive a complimentary copy of Gift of Screws.

Verbatim on the quarter page ad in TONY (yay!):

As a special offer, online ticket purchasers are entitled to receive one complimentary copy of Lindsey Buckingham's new album Gift of Screws for each pair of tickets ordered for any of Lindsey's '08 North American tour dates.

Interesting way to get the album into the hands of people who may be going just to hear "Go Your Own Way" or what have you. And also a good way to get some extra tickets sold, I think. It's always more enticing to buy something when you get something free!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
According to my Time Out New York, anyone who buys a pair of tickets to see Lindsey live on this tour will receive a complimentary copy of Gift of Screws.

Verbatim on the quarter page ad in TONY (yay!):

As a special offer, online ticket purchasers are entitled to receive one complimentary copy of Lindsey Buckingham's new album Gift of Screws for each pair of tickets ordered for any of Lindsey's '08 North American tour dates.

Interesting way to get the album into the hands of people who may be going just to hear "Go Your Own Way" or what have you. And also a good way to get some extra tickets sold, I think. It's always more enticing to buy something when you get something free!
I think Prince was the first artist to do something like this a few years ago, include a copy of his latest with a ticket purchase to one of his shows... Billboard had to change the way they counted cd's sold for him because of it - technically when they bought a ticket they were also buying a copy of the cd. While his tickets were being sold to shows his cd was high up on the billboard 200, but as soon as the tickets stopped selling and it went back to relying on cds sold through stores etc., it dropped pretty quick... but yeah, it got his music into the hands of his fans, which was the point... and some nice placements on billboard too. A good idea as far as I'm concerned!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I'm not buying this album unless I get a free mint under my pillow with it.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So do we get the CD early if we buy the tickets now?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:29 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
So do we get the CD early if we buy the tickets now?
Nope... you'll get it something like ten days after its out in stores.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Is there anything we have to do or will they automatically send it to us? I ordered mine online but did not see anything about a free CD...however, at the venue it was posted that this would indeed happen.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham ‘Gift of Screws’ CD Offer
As a special offer for Lindsey Buckingham ticket purchasers, you are entitled to receive one (1) copy of Lindsey Buckingham's new album Gift of Screws for each pair of tickets (2) you order.

Offer good for online purchases only. Please check your event regarding this offer and visit the promotion's FAQ page HERE.

Troublemaker, mad scientist, whatever you see him as, Lindsey Buckingham is behind some of the most beloved and creative twists in modern popular music. And with his new CD Gift of Screws he has made the kind of trouble only he can, more than ever before bringing together the broad appeal he shown as the main force behind the sound of Fleetwood Mac since he joined the group in 1973 with the restless spirit of experimentalism he's shown both with such Mac landmarks as Rumours, Tusk and in his own visionary solo albums.

This offer is being fulfilled directly by Warner Brothers Records and you will receive an email from Ticketmaster within the next 7 days with complete information on how to redeem this CD offer.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll pass...

Not planning on buying 2 tickets so no thanks!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hs421139 View Post

Troublemaker, mad scientist, whatever you see him as, Lindsey Buckingham is behind some of the most beloved and creative twists in modern popular music. And with his new CD Gift of Screws he has made the kind of trouble only he can,
That's pretty funny. Anything that keeps them from calling him a "visionary" again is fine by me. My sanity hangs by the thinnest of strands.

Michele
Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am pretty sure I read on the ticketmaster page that we will receive an email from Warner Bros. within 7 business days regarding the CD. Maybe I was seeing things and if not, not sure what that means, but maybe there won't be a crazy delay in receiving the album if so.