Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Mick charges $600 for a scarf and a photo opp. Afraid it is all about the cash.
People like to be paid for their work, including Lindsey.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Oh my word. Mick knits shawls now? His latest business venture is selling his handicraft work?
Starting to worry a bit about your arguments by now, gldstwmn.

Hmmm.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
So, those of you in the “know” what else was on the list of complaints besides the Rhiannon intro and smirking? Or did Rolling Stone get it wrong?
The janitor didn't hear that part.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I guess he was tired of letting lies go unchallenged.
Well then maybe he should start with his own.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well then maybe he should start with his own.
ah yes. throw out vague comments without detail or substantiation.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Oh my word. Mick knits shawls now? His latest business venture is selling his handicraft work?
Starting to worry a bit about your arguments by now, gldstwmn.

Hmmm.
I'm starting to worry there are no negative reviews for you to salivate over.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You want to call that work? 600 dollars? LOL He's a money grubbing you know what.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if he threatened Karen or worse tried to put his hands on her.
That's what you are hoping happened isn't it? Maybe he "Me too'ed" her? Would that make you happy? Or maybe Stevie Nicks has turned into a self serving ego maniac? Yeah that one sounds about right.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 10-10-2018 at 11:43 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You want to call that work? 600 dollars? LOL He's a money grubbing you know what.
Whore. I think that's the word you're looking for.

Mick is a money grubbing whore.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Whore. I think that's the word you're looking for.

Mick is a money grubbing whore.
Yup, that's it's.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Yup, that's it's.
I've lost my filter, and couldn't give a f*ck any less!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Pardon my long post, but your post really struck a chord with me. I know I like to think of FM as a family or as fairly tight friends, but SteveMacD is probably right- they are not close like I like to imagine. This incarnation has made, over the course of 40+years, 5 albums (FM, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, and Tango). And we all know Tusk and Tango were not recorded by the band the way the other albums were. And when they toured, they likely spent very little time together except when they were on stage, and they makes sense, even though, again, I would have liked the idea that before the show, they might hang out and go sight seeing together, or have dinner, or whatever. Clearly they didn't, except when Billy Burnette and Rick Vito were in the band. Billy wrote in his book about how the entire band would jam after a show, including Stevie. Still, that was the exception rather than the rule. Once the band hit it big, any true closeness they had by traveling to gigs in a van or sharing hotel rooms vanished when they started taking jets and staying in individual penthouse suites. So Christine and Mick are close, Stevie and Mick are close, and John and Mick are probably kind-of close. Christine and Lindsey liked each other and had mutual respect, but they weren't close. Mick and Lindsey liked each other and had mutual respect, but they weren't close. And as I mentioned, during the past 40+years, they all probably went several years without communicating. We all know from mid-1987 to mid-1996, there was very little communication between them. Stevie recorded Twisted with Lindsey, and Mick and John worked on an album with Lindsey, but that was it. From 1997-2014, Christine probably talked to no one but Mick. I doubt Lindsey and John hung out, or Stevie and John, or Christine and John, or Christine and Stevie, or Christine and Lindsey. Mick seems to be the glue, if you will.

Stevie (and Lindsey, to a much lesser extent) talk a big game about their relationship, but to me, it's Hollywood talk. If Stevie's still hung up on Lindsey, then she needs to see a counselor. I really can't tell how much of her prattle about Lindsey is real or fake- even if they were like a married couple, they were still only together what, 4 years? Hardly a lengthy period of time, although going from struggling artists to successful millionaires virtually overnight would certainly create a bond, I grant her that.

The reason I write all this is that I've come to realize in the past few years that Stevie doesn't want to work with Lindsey anymore in the studio, and now she doesn't want to tour with him anymore, either. We know she didn't want to record with him because... after Say You Will, she didn't and wouldn't. She never said that in interviews, but it was obvious. Right or wrong, she made that decision and stuck to it, but she was still willing to tour with him. Then something happened and it sounds like she said "that's it, it's either him or me" and the band made their decision. I can't fault them, they need to make money to support their lifestyles, and recording doesn't bring in the money that touring does. Here's why people are going to say I'm wrong, but I can't fault Stevie, either. Regardless of her reasoning, she gave the band a the chance to choose, and they chose her. I've worked at the same agency for nearly 25 years in various positions, and I've had my share of conflicts with co-workers. While I've never given an ultimatum like that to my boss ("that's it, it's either him or me"), there have been times I wanted to! It's just that I couldn't afford to lose my job! Stevie CAN afford to issue that sort of ultimatum. We have to remember that being in FM is a job for them. In that respect, is it right to expect people who don't want to work together be forced to do so for our enjoyment?

A lot of people say that Stevie should have swallowed her pride, and that she owes Lindsey because if it hadn't been for Lindsey insisting she be allowed to join FM as well, she wouldn't be where she is today. Well, that's true, but it's just as possible that FM wouldn't have achieved the level of fame and success they did without Stevie. The simple fact is, those 3 songwriters created something together that probably wouldn't have existed if there had only been 2 of them. Lindsey left in 1987 because he had reached his limit and sadly, he left in 2018 because Stevie reached her limit. I don't recall anyone saying in 1987 that Lindsey should have sucked it up and toured with FM because he owed them for letting him join FM. Stevie doesn't owe Lindsey anymore. They've all been vastly rewarded for their work a million times over, financially and creatively.

Whew... again, sorry for the long post. I am not trying to change anyone's mind here. I just wanted to show another POV here. Lindsey's interview was very classy and I am THRILLED that he shared his story. I can't wait to see him in concert.
I get what you're saying and I agree that they're not all each other's very good friends but they're people who met each other decades ago and have stayed working together, on and off, ever since then. I think there's just something in having known someone and worked with them for such a lengthy period of time that's supposed to be special. Like Kristen even said, her kids called them 'Aunt' and 'Uncle' even if they didn't see each other that often.

And in the end I don't think getting picky about who owes or doesn't owe who what, who made the band what it was, who did this or that-- in the end I think whoever could do this to someone else just really messed up big time. No matter which way you spin it or how you may try to reason behind it, it's just a sad, ugly thing to do to someone.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Per him, he's not fighting a fight over Rhiannon, he says it was not about the fact the song they played was Rhiannon, it was that a song was played at ALL.

Lindsey was on the call with Azoff, he recalls the point of what Azoff said, so even if he can't be certain the exact words, he is very clear about the POINT Azoff made to him which was that Stevie issued an ultimatum. I will take his word unless and until anyone else on the call comes forward over anyone in this forum, yes.
I don't see any evidence to support that his objection was over the playing of ANY song. Perhaps you can point me to where I am missing that in the article. Either way - my point remains that he is still fighting the fight and expressing his argument which is odd for something that he KNOWS helped lead to his ouster. Isn't that WEIRD?

I agree with you on Irving. I don't dispute that Irving said that. If you believe that what Irving is related to have said represents the entirety of the conversation then that is your right. Seems like a very short version of what probably happened especially with as many people and representatives and promoters would have been involved.

Stevie: It's Him or Me
The band minus Lindsey: Stevie
Irving: Lindsey - stevie said it was you or her and they picked her
Lindsey: bummer

I somehow doubt, given these people (and Stevie's penchant for being wordy), that this represents the entirety of the conversation and that it's far more likely that there was a discussion about it and that there are varying degrees of how the ultimatum was issued. It may very well have been issued in the harshest tone possible. It may also have been issued in a way in which the him or me question was genuine and she was offering to leave if they (the other band members) preferred that outcome. NEITHER OF US WAS THERE and BOTH fit within the words that have been presented to us. Anything beyond that is purely opinion/conjecture on either of our parts.

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks
Old 10-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tambourine witch had an endgame all along. Not only did she use her power to get Lindsey Buckingham fired from FM, leaving her the boss of the band. She knew she would get nominated for the RRHOF, knowing this will completely humiliate Lindsey. There are no words to describe what a **** she has become. DON'T SAY IT DAVID!
I leave it to your imagination.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetinmyhear View Post
I don't see any evidence to support that his objection was over the playing of ANY song. Perhaps you can point me to where I am missing that in the article. Either way - my point remains that he is still fighting the fight and expressing his argument which is odd for something that he KNOWS helped lead to his ouster. Isn't that WEIRD?

I agree with you on Irving. I don't dispute that Irving said that. If you believe that what Irving is related to have said represents the entirety of the conversation then that is your right. Seems like a very short version of what probably happened especially with as many people and representatives and promoters would have been involved.

Stevie: It's Him or Me
The band minus Lindsey: Stevie
Irving: Lindsey - stevie said it was you or her and they picked her
Lindsey: bummer

I somehow doubt, given these people (and Stevie's penchant for being wordy), that this represents the entirety of the conversation and that it's far more likely that there was a discussion about it and that there are varying degrees of how the ultimatum was issued. It may very well have been issued in the harshest tone possible. It may also have been issued in a way in which the him or me question was genuine and she was offering to leave if they (the other band members) preferred that outcome. NEITHER OF US WAS THERE and BOTH fit within the words that have been presented to us. Anything beyond that is purely opinion/conjecture on either of our parts.
"It wasn’t about it being ‘Rhiannon,’ ” he says. “It just undermined the impact of our entrance. That’s me being very specific about the right and wrong way to do something.”
That pretty much says he just didn't want a song playing at all. That song happened to be Rhiannon but he says clearly it wasn't because it was Rhiannon. Whether that's the full truth, we'll never know but that is what he says.

And I think just about everyone seems to be misinterpreting Stevie's ultimatum. It's not like she turned to Mick, John and Christine and said "him or me" and forced them to pick. It would never have played that way. Fleetwood Mac is under a machine now. I'd argue that Mick has very minimal power and Chris and John have basically none. Stevie went to the MANAGEMENT and said that. That's why Irv Azoff was the one on the phone with Lindsey. The managers and promoters are the ones who pretty much run what these people do and they're the ones who would look at that group and say 'Stevie puts butts in seats and if she leaves then we're broke so if she's really serious, then he's out'.