Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I will also say that, while I still love Stevie and FM and listen to their music often, I’m at a point where that’s all I really care about. I’m not that interested in their interpersonal relationships or their personal lives anymore and I have no interest in assigning blame to Stevie or anyone. Once I got over the initial shock, it just...didn’t matter to me that much.

“With all due respect, Miss, I have my own problems.”
Where's that quote from, Markolas?

I am so sick of the 5 posters on the Rumours board who only post the same nasty things, and not just about FM but about other posters, too. God I am so glad I have a happy life and can keep Lindseys firing in perspective. They are miserable and want to make people who don't feel the same way miserable. Not everyone, some express their anger and frustration appropriately and can even engage in conversation about other FM related topics, but there are a couple. They complain about everything (set list, price of tickets, how often they tour, no new album, why they didn't play a certain festival, or why did they play at a different one) but don't dare say a word about Lindsey or they throw a tantrum.

I am a fan of the music, I don't care that much about their personal lives. I don't know the names of their agents, managers, assistants, family members, and I don't care to. Lindsey was fired, I know they had a reason to fire him or they wouldn't have done it. One could say he screwed them over in 1987 by deserting the band, and now one could say they screwed him over in 2018 by firing him. They don't believe he was fired because of problems with the upcoming tour, but Lindsey hasn't said why he was fired. And I don't consider what he said at the fundraiser about 'certain factions' of the band to be an explanation. It was a very vague statement that could just as well have been his thoughts on the Bay of Pigs or the Boston Tea Party. If I was fired for no reason other than Stevie was jealous of an album he made with Christine (an album that flopped just like Stevie's 24 Karat did) then I would scream it from the rooftop. There is a reason he hasn't said why he was fired, and if he took a payoff to keep his mouth shut like some of his fans implied, then that makes him look even worse. Which I doubt he did, anyway.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but as the 5 LB fans have posted repeatedly, I have a right to post how I'm feeling, too.