Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Mike Campbell on comments on joining FM

Just read on TomPettyOfficial Instagram a statement from Mike Campbell regarding his admiration and respect for Lindsey's contributions to FM. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on that. I've been a member here since '97 and have rarely posted. I'm truly disappointed and sad on about Lindsey's firing! I love Stevie and I sure hope she wasn't behind it...

Last edited by lisarod; 04-11-2018 at 10:54 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarod View Post
Just read on TomPettyOfficial Instagram a statement from Mike Campbell regarding his admiration and respect for Lindsey's contributions to FM. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on that. I've been a member here since '97 and have rarely posted. I'm truly disappointed and sad on about Lindsey's firing! I love Stevie and I sure hope she wasn't behind it...
power to Mike.

the other 4 do not deserve him. especially Mick.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
power to Mike.

the other 4 do not deserve him. especially Mick.
Mick is a GD piece of work. He and Stevie deserve each other.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Angry

It was a truly classy statement and I don't think these divas deserve him. I hope they appreciate him. They sure didn't appreciate Lindsey
Old 04-12-2018, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is a nice statement. Classier than anything we'll get from any Mac member. And it makes sense because Lindsey and the Heartbreakers have been friends for a long time. I think people forget it's not just Stevie who was close friends with Tom and his band, but Lindsey too. Tom especially loved Lindsey and his music. He said once that he tried to get Lindsey to join the Heartbreakers because he didn't want to be a frontman anymore but Lindsey turned him down.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
It is a nice statement. Classier than anything we'll get from any Mac member. And it makes sense because Lindsey and the Heartbreakers have been friends for a long time. I think people forget it's not just Stevie who was close friends with Tom and his band, but Lindsey too. Tom especially loved Lindsey and his music. He said once that he tried to get Lindsey to join the Heartbreakers because he didn't want to be a frontman anymore but Lindsey turned him down.
And Lindsey turned down Tom's offer because he truly loved his FM family. That's what makes all this goddamn mess harder to deal with.

Since Monday I have been wondering what Tom's reaction would have been to his friend's firing.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Junior Ledgie

I keep thinking about what started my fandom of FM in 1997. It was the incredible chemistry this band had and especially the chemistry Stevie and Lindsey shared. They seemed to have truly made up and gotten past all the heartbreak and anger. Boy was I wrong! Why did Stevie become so bitter and full of venom? I went to the AHI benefit in Phoenix soon after The Dance tour and Lindsey was her guest. While he was speaking about their musical journey together she had her arms wrapped around him and was crying. I can't believe she is so cold now! I'm still in shock!
Old 04-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just reporting of Mike Campbells Instagram message;
http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...-fleetwood-mac

Mike Campbell says Lindsey Buckingham is "no longer with Fleetwood Mac"

Posted on 4/12/2018 11:19 AM

Fleetwood Mac recently announced that founding Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell will be joining the band for an as-yet-unannounced fall tour and that he, along with Crowded House singer Neil Finn, would be replacing Lindsey Buckingham. While Fleetwood Mac hasn't confirmed whether Buckingham has officially exited the group, a new statement from Campbell suggests that Lindsey has.

"Though I was sad to hear Lindsey Buckingham is no longer with Fleetwood Mac, I am honored and excited to join the band," Campbell writes in a message posted on Petty and the Heartbreakers' Facebook page. "Lindsey is one of my favorite musical artists. A true genius at songwriting and guitar playing. I intend to honor his songs while at the same time bring my musicality to the band."

Mike, whose gig with The Heartbreakers sadly came to an end when Petty died last October, adds, "After one rehearsal [with Fleetwood Mac] I can tell it's going to be an amazing collaboration. I am also very happy to have an opportunity to play with Neil Finn, who I greatly admire. Fleetwood Mac not only has one of the greatest rhythm sections in rock history, it also has two of the finest voices and songwriters in Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie. I am looking forward to the tour with great anticipation."

After the announcement was made about Buckingham not taking part in Fleetwood Mac's upcoming tour, Variety reported that, according to an inside source, Buckingham was fired over a disagreement regarding the trek.

The magazine says the source claimed Buckingham wanted to work on his solo material this year, while the other band members were eager to head out on tour, and when he wouldn't commit to the trek, the group decided to proceed without him.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks for posting the article FuzzyPlum. I'm not too familiar with how to post links and quote articles since I'm mainly a lurker.

Last edited by lisarod; 04-12-2018 at 01:58 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Registered

Egad. Only ONE rehearsal and he thinks this is going to work out?

And honor Lindsey's songs. Karaoke GYOW and SHN, here we go...

Certainly a far more dignified statement than that of the band of course. I bet the icon would never allow the band to release a statement honoring Lindsey's genius.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Egad. Only ONE rehearsal and he thinks this is going to work out?

And honor Lindsey's songs. Karaoke GYOW and SHN, here we go...

Certainly a far more dignified statement than that of the band of course. I bet the icon would never allow the band to release a statement honoring Lindsey's genius.

Its just as well Mike is her friend and her pick for the band. Making a comment like that about Lindsey- he's lucky not to be kicked out already.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Its just as well Mike is her friend and her pick for the band. Making a comment like that about Lindsey- he's lucky not to be kicked out already.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

we don't know the specifics, so it's just as likely that he got blindsided by al this... the band got in a jam i.e. lindsey not touring, however that happened which is still a mystery, and they got in a bit of a panic thinking, crap who can we get? and stevie reached out to mike. we don't know if he was initially hesitant about it and they had to coax him a bit.... I imagine getting together and playing was part of the process before he was able to say yeah ok I'll do it..... he's caught in the middle of things not of his own doing
Old 04-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Imagine is they initially offered him a spot as an extra guitarist with him assuming LB was still in the band, then the bomb drops.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie said:
You got lucky babe, you got lucky babe, when I found you