The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-01-2003, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac songs that have grown on you?

The songs that have grown on me:
Gyspy
As long as you follow
Sara
Tusk
No Questions Asked
The Chain
Family Man
and nearly everything off Time.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:15 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pretty much all of Lindsey's songs...i started listening to the Mac because of Stevie and failed to see LB's talents at first and now i just LOVE his stuff

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 01-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
I would have to agree that the songs on TIME....The first time I listened to it I didn't get much...I just put in on the shelf and didn't think of it much for a while....Then after a while I started putting it on more and more..Until now its one of my favorites from Fleetwood Mac...
Adam
Same here. Quite a few people on another message board told me not to get it.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was the same way...I was a Stevie solo fan first, and when I finally got around to listening to all the FM albums, I just couldn't get into Lindsey's stuff, or even some of Christine's~~post Rumours. They have all (mostly) grown on me since then, though. Still a few that I don't care for. (Family Man, Empire State, Not That Funny) But, there were a couple of Stevie's that I couldn't get into, either...the main two being SOTM and Angel. I hated those two. And now they're among my top favorites.

~Angela~
Old 01-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default My list...

World Turning (My fave part is that low "yeah" LB does!! LOVE IT!) and Angel are two that have grown on me.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"World Turning," "Rhiannon," and "Gold Dust Woman" - I didn't like them when I first heard them - now I think they're great. The only songs I liked instantly from Tusk were the title track, "Sara," "Angel," and "That's Enough for Me," but now I like (to varying degrees) all of them except "The Ledge" and "Brown Eyes."

The same is true for Mirage - The only songs I liked instantly were "Gypsy" and "Hold Me," but now I like them all except "Empire State" and "Book of Love."

As for Tango, sadly, I still can't get into half that album. Stevie's songs are so bleh on it (Sorry!) except for "Seven Wonders," and Lindsey's "Family Man" is notoriously bad. However, in his case, the rest of his songs on that album I liked right off the bat.

The Dance - instantly liked them ALL! That's why I'm an FM fan today!

Old 01-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

songs that grew on me..hmmm...

the ledge
oh diane

a lot of lindsey songs i couldn't get into on the first listen. And a lot of the stuff on "time" didn't agree with me. but as i listen more i like more.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
Family Man & Empire State...I don't even want to let those grow on me...But who knows what can happen...

i dont care for family man all that much, but i love empire state. especially the very end... it gets all energetic. i like that song a lot. it grew on me.

oh diane tries to grow on me occasionally.. but sometimes im still like .. ick go away..

i'll have to think about this some more.

Sarah
Old 01-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It took me a while to get into many of the songs on Tusk and Mirage. Strangely, it was some of the more easy-listening songs of Stevie and Christine ("Sara", "Never Make Me Cry", "Angel", "Brown Eyes") that have grown on me, rather than the often weird and quirky Lindsey ones (which I instantly liked upon hearing)...but I guess that's explained by the fact that I am primarily an LB fan, rather than a Fleetwood Mac fan.

Old 01-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

The only song I can think of off the top of my head is You Make Loving Fun. I hated it for the longest time. Then one day I just loved it. It's such a great song, and for some reason always makes me think of summer.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I first became a fan about 10 years ago or so, it took me a while to get into Tusk, Mirage, or Tango. Now I absolutely love Tusk, but Save Me a Place still is on my last nerve. I still don't get into Tango or Mirage too much, theres a few on each that I do like. I hated Family Man so damn bad, but once TVBOFM came out, it falls right after Sisters I think, so I listened to it more often, and the lyrics still get on my nerves, but I really like the guitar in it. Not that Funny grew on me too. A lot of Tusk grew on me except Save Me a Place.

Maria
Old 01-02-2003, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i'm kind of picky.... honestly the only songs i liked from the start were gypsy, say you love me, and go your own way. rhiannon took several years before i could listen to it... same with gdw, sara and several others... landslide was so surreal to listen to... even if i didn't go "wow i love this song" there was some strange connection to it... i just felt drawn to it.... tusk took me a looooong time to warm up to. even still sometimes i can't get through it. but really, there are few songs that i like at first listen.... very few, and not just fleetwood mac. i have to warm up to practically everything.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"Oh Daddy" was one that definitely had to grow on me.
When I was younger, and it would come on, I couldn't hit that fast-forward button quick enough!

But now I love it... especially the DVD-Audio mix.

Johnny Stew
Old 01-02-2003, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
"Oh Daddy" was one that definitely had to grow on me.
When I was younger, and it would come on, I couldn't hit that fast-forward button quick enough!

But now I love it... especially the DVD-Audio mix.

Johnny Stew
oh yeah totally.... oh daddy is like "ok cool whatever" but when i first heard the dvd audio mix when it first came out like a year and a half ago i was lying on the floor, feeling the drums and bass.... and almost crying... the song became like a whole new song... way more so than any of the other songs on the dvd... oh daddy blew me away... makes me REALLY wish i was around back then to hear it when it was recorded...
Old 01-02-2003, 04:34 AM

Eyes of the world, World turning have grown on me big time this year and practically all of Lindsey work on Tusk (bar Tusk itself) I really enjoy now

No questions asked is probably the only Stevie song that has grown on me to such an extent that I absolutely LOVE it now

I also didnt care much for 'Gate and garden' but then its charm and catchy chorus absolutely blew me away and now as my sig states its my fave song of them all