User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I hope the Washington Post plays it for all it's worth.
Fox nay have to pick it up

Did you see their homepage is saying "Dean Not Ready to Pronounce Bin Laden Guilty" In reality and despite the spin/implication, Dean said it is for a jury to determine BL's guilt and that politicians historically (and IMO correctly) have refused to comment on a pending case.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,106758,00.html

They are also questioning Dean's "new found" belief in God.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,106752,00.html

Yet, we hear nothing of the GOB taking bribes. How's that for "fair and balanced?"

Actually, this is a good thing for Dean and the Democratic Party if Fox, arguably the mouthpiece for the far right despite their slogan, is taking him that seriously.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-27-2003, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Fox nay have to pick it up

Did you see their homepage is saying "Dean Not Ready to Pronounce Bin Laden Guilty" In reality and despite the spin/implication, Dean said it is for a jury to determine BL's guilt and that politicians historically (and IMO correctly) have refused to comment on a pending case.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,106758,00.html

They are also questioning Dean's "new found" belief in God.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,106752,00.html

Yet, we hear nothing of the GOB taking bribes. How's that for "fair and balanced?"

Actually, this is a good thing for Dean and the Democratic Party if Fox, arguably the mouthpiece for the far right despite their slogan, is taking him that seriously.
I'm so disgusted with it all at this point, I'm ready to vote Green.
I read about the Dean/Bin Laden comments and agreed with that as well.
Isn't Bush "God appointed'? He found his way to the Lord about 2 years before the election. When asked, he couldn't recite any of the bible passages he studied so fervently for those two years.
Bush got a nice bounce in the polls from finding Saddam, it will be interesting to see if he can sustain it.
I don't even watch Fox News becuase I can only watch it for about two minutes before I'm forced to change the channel. It's owned by Rupert Murdoch, who's not even American. I thought the FCC prohibited that.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm so disgusted with it all at this point, I'm ready to vote Green.
I read about the Dean/Bin Laden comments and agreed with that as well.
Isn't Bush "God appointed'? He found his way to the Lord about 2 years before the election. When asked, he couldn't recite any of the bible passages he studied so fervently for those two years.
Bush got a nice bounce in the polls from finding Saddam, it will be interesting to see if he can sustain it.
I don't even watch Fox News becuase I can only watch it for about two minutes before I'm forced to change the channel. It's owned by Rupert Murdoch, who's not even American. I thought the FCC prohibited that.
And I even agree SH was a good catch, butm as we have discussed, it does not obviate his lies to go to war.

Old 12-28-2003, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is what I keep coming back to....

Osama Bin Laden and his Al-Qaida operatives were directly responsible for the terrorist attacks on 9/11, which took the lives of nearly 3000 people on American soil.

Osama and his cronies are also responsible for the many threats that have frequently caused the US to go on a high security alert for attempted acts of terrorism, including the current threat which has holiday travellers worried.

Saddam Hussein... while a tyranical madman... has never been proven to have had any link whatsover to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and has never been proven to have had any recent plans to attack Americans on our soil.

Saddam Hussein has also never been proven to be in possession of those dreaded weapons of mass destruction he was accused of having.

And, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've ever conclusively proven that Saddam and Osama had any strong ties to one another.

So, which of the two men became the focus of the bigger war effort this year, and is the only one to have been captured so far... the man whose monstrous hatred of America resulted in the loss of nearly 3000 innocent lives and the continual uneasiness/fear that almost all American citizens feel?
Or the man whose retention of his position of power after the Gulf War, has often been noted as having cost Dubya's daddy the re-election?

I'm not saying that Saddam Hussein isn't evil, or that his inhumane treatment of the Iraqi people didn't need to be stopped... but I'm disturbed by the countless unfounded reasons (and the out-and-out lies) Americans were told to justify the campaign to topple Hussein. While Osama seems to have been all but forgotten up 'til now.

Was there really a pressing need to stop Saddam Hussein, ASAP, as part of this "War On Terror"?
And is it just me, or do other people feel this all seemed more like some kind of vendetta?

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 12-28-2003 at 02:18 AM..
Old 12-28-2003, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
And is it just me, or do other people feel this all seemed more like some kind of vendetta?
I think that you're assuming a lot, Johnny. For this to be a vendetta, Bush would be making decisions based on personal feelings. It would mean that somebody close to him also has a grudge against Saddam. Shame on you for these assumptions.

- Jake (obviously being facetious)
Old 12-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
to ensure deepest penetration
Doll--

I'd love to practice my aim on that thing, but I don't want frostbite.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Liberal special interests, led by billionaire currency trader George Soros, are raising millions in soft, unregulated money to defeat President Bush," the Bush campaign says in an Internet posting.

Bush has already raised more than $110 million for his primary campaign, in which he has no challenger, far outstripping any Democratic rival.

Campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel said anti-Bush groups threaten to spend as much as $400 million, justifying the Bush primary-season goal of raising a record $170 million, largely through a network of major supporters who funnel donations to the campaign.
There are so many funds being raised by the rich to oust Bush that it puts a smile on my face.

Hollywood has been having hush-hush, very private parties to fundraise for the Democrats. Musicians like Don Henley, Anthrax, Green Day, Mellencamp, and the Dixie Chicks are even planning an anti-Bush tour around the country together with all proceeds going to the Democrats. Now THAT is patriotism.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2093162/

Now It's a Scandal
New evidence that a House GOP leader offered a bribe.
I've barely even seen this on the news, which is absolutely sickening.

Why don't the Republicans do us all a favor and disband?!

Old 12-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Absolutely. It's "You threatened to kill my Daddy." I was reading an article about a couple of teenagers who broke in to a boathouse in Maine and messed with someone's boat. The boat turned out to belong to George I. Next thing you know, the kid's got the Secret Service at his house, they call it an act of terrorism and the send a 14 YEAR OLD BOY to Federal Prison for a teenage prank (not that I'm condoning it). These people are evil. Did you know that Laura Bush was involved in a car accident as a youngster that claimed the life of the other driver? And how about Governor Jeb Bush's daughter who was forging prescriptions for Xanax? Is she in jail? Nope.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 12-28-2003 at 02:05 PM..
Old 12-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did you know that Laura Bush was involved in a car accident as a youngster that claimed the life of the other driver? And how about Governor Jeb Bush's daughter who was forging prescriptions for Xanax? Is she in jail? Nope.
From what I read, LB accidently ran a stop sign and the other driver was killed. So, it was an accident. Also, didn't La Noel go to jail when she was arrested (hence that priceless mugshot ) and then the court let he go through rehab. instead of jail time, which I think is an option for most of these offenses?

Old 12-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
From what I read, LB accidently ran a stop sign and the other driver was killed. So, it was an accident. Also, didn't La Noel go to jail when she was arrested (hence that priceless mugshot ) and then the court let he go through rehab. instead of jail time, which I think is an option for most of these offenses?
People that have drug problems should go to rehab. But it's funny that these folk don't have that kind of mercy until it comes down to them. Most of the non violent offenders in our prisons to day are there due to some kind of drug related offense. Instead of treating these people, the best thing our very educated legislators can come up with is to warehouse them in some prison cell to the tune of a lot of our dough. Let's face it, the war on drugs is a failure. How can it not be when one of the worst ones is also legal.
My point was they can put a 14 year old boy in federal prison but if one of them breaks the law (and there's a whole litany of it in the Bush family) then they want community service or rehab. Limbaugh hasn't even been charged with anything. I think it's clear in anybody's view he was doing something wrong. I can't believe the crap he and his attorney are spewing now. I also can't believe he's using his radio show to further his claim of innocence. Every time anybody else does something like that, the public nails their arse to the wall but apparently Rush's followers just swallow this stuff and continue to annoint him as "the messenger" of the neocons.
Well, that's enough cynicism form me today.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 12-28-2003 at 05:40 PM..
Old 12-31-2003, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.sacurrent.com/site/news.c...d=482778&rfi=6

WITH A WHISPER, NOT A BANG

By David Martin 12/24/2003

Bush signs parts of Patriot Act II into law — stealthily

Everyone should read this. It's some scary stuff.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 12-31-2003 at 04:14 PM..
Old 12-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

More bull****:

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/...ints-headlines

Beware of Attempts to Revive Military Draft
Old 12-31-2003, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People that have drug problems should go to rehab. But it's funny that these folk don't have that kind of mercy until it comes down to them. Most of the non violent offenders in our prisons to day are there due to some kind of drug related offense. Instead of treating these people, the best thing our very educated legislators can come up with is to warehouse them in some prison cell to the tune of a lot of our dough. Let's face it, the war on drugs is a failure. How can it not be when one of the worst ones is also legal.
My point was they can put a 14 year old boy in federal prison but if one of them breaks the law (and there's a whole litany of it in the Bush family) then they want community service or rehab. Limbaugh hasn't even been charged with anything. I think it's clear in anybody's view he was doing something wrong. I can't believe the crap he and his attorney are spewing now. I also can't believe he's using his radio show to further his claim of innocence. Every time anybody else does something like that, the public nails their arse to the wall but apparently Rush's followers just swallow this stuff and continue to annoint him as "the messenger" of the neocons.
Well, that's enough cynicism form me today.

AMEN Sister...We agree on something!!!

Rob

On the drug laws and hypocracy...anyway!

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller

Last edited by Rob67; 12-31-2003 at 04:28 PM..
Old 12-31-2003, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.sacurrent.com/site/news.c...d=482778&rfi=6

WITH A WHISPER, NOT A BANG

By David Martin 12/24/2003

Bush signs parts of Patriot Act II into law — stealthily

Everyone should read this. It's some scary stuff.
...One nation, under Shrub...