The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 253
Default Calling card?

Some months ago Mick remarked on the possibility of releasing two new tracks as a "calling card" for the tour.

Looking less likely now sadly as the first show draws ever nigh. They did it with Billy and Rick on Greatest Hits. They even kind of did it with Dave and Bekka when Blow By Blow was on the World Cup 94 album.

They should definitely do it ASAP given that all bar the newbies are the wrong side of 70 now...
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 09-08-2018, 05:47 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Some months ago Mick remarked on the possibility of releasing two new tracks as a "calling card" for the tour.

Looking less likely now sadly as the first show draws ever nigh. They did it with Billy and Rick on Greatest Hits. They even kind of did it with Dave and Bekka when Blow By Blow was on the World Cup 94 album.

They should definitely do it ASAP given that all bar the newbies are the wrong side of 70 now...
Perhaps they would debut the new songs in concert? What a concept! I'm highly skeptical of this or any new music coming from them any time soon. I'm curious as to what path the "New Mac" takes.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2018, 06:26 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,220
Default Fleetwood Mac 50 Years Play On

Oh Well
Hypnotized
Say You Love Me
Station Man
The Chain
Landslide
Tusk
Hold Me
NEW SONG************
Little Lies
Go Your Own Way
Gypsy
Think About Me
Dreams
NEW SONG*************


Sell it at the shows and promote with ticket sales....Keep it as a single cd this the only thing that makes sense.

Last edited by BLY : 09-09-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2018, 09:44 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Perhaps they would debut the new songs in concert? What a concept! I'm highly skeptical of this or any new music coming from them any time soon. I'm curious as to what path the "New Mac" takes.
you mean like they did Sad Angel in 2013? or Lindsey solo did Dancin' in 2012?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2018, 10:06 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you mean like they did Sad Angel in 2013? or Lindsey solo did Dancin' in 2012?


C'mon y'all, clap your hands and let's drink a beer!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2018, 01:22 PM
pryderi pryderi is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 183
Default

Two new tracks would be ideal.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2018, 02:00 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post


C'mon y'all, clap your hands and let's drink a beer!!
thank you for that reminder! how great was that?? amazing song and performance. it was such a thrill hearing this live back at the first show in Columbus, before it was released and we had no clue what kind of new song it will be. and then we got THIS!

and how sad that the whole EP time is being swept under the rug as it never existed now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2018, 03:43 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,403
Default

I still listen to the EP because I put the songs on my ipod (yes, I still listen to an ipod). However, releasing a few songs like that in isolation, digital only, almost guarantees they will fall through the cracks. I hope at least one of them makes the 50th anniversary collection being talked of.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-09-2018, 03:54 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I still listen to the EP because I put the songs on my ipod (yes, I still listen to an ipod). However, releasing a few songs like that in isolation, digital only, almost guarantees they will fall through the cracks. I hope at least one of them makes the 50th anniversary collection being talked of.
and of course, EP was only released as such because some band members would not agree to the whole album, a lot of which was already in the can at that point, produced by Mitchell Froom. so many years wasted!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and of course, EP was only released as such because some band members would not agree to the whole album, a lot of which was already in the can at that point, produced by Mitchell Froom. so many years wasted!
You mean there was a whole unreleased follow-up to SYW that never saw the light of day?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-10-2018, 10:34 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and of course, EP was only released as such because some band members would not agree to the whole album, a lot of which was already in the can at that point, produced by Mitchell Froom. so many years wasted!
Which band members?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2018, 12:30 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
You mean there was a whole unreleased follow-up to SYW that never saw the light of day?
Well, I think itís safe to assume some of those songs ended up on LBCM.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2018, 12:35 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,434
Default

IF they release something, I think it’ll be closer to the tour.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-10-2018, 02:29 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Which band members?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, I think it’s safe to assume some of those songs ended up on LBCM.

I recall Lindsey, Mick and John recorded about 7 tracks before Christine came back on board. I think they may have been additional to the future BM songs but I'm not too sure. Also, I think the ones from those sessions may have just been instrumental tracks but I'm not certain.

Edit: in retrospect I think a couple of those songs ended up being BM songs but obviously not all of them.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum : 09-10-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I recall Lindsey, Mick and John recorded about 7 tracks before Christine came back on board. I think they may have been additional to the future BM songs but I'm not too sure. Also, I think the ones from those sessions may have just been instrumental tracks but I'm not certain.

Edit: in retrospect I think a couple of those songs ended up being BM songs but obviously not all of them.
Looking down the BM credits, three tracks were co-produced by Froom, these being In My World, Lay Down For Free and On With the Show. Sleeping was a leftover from Seeds We Sow so apart from the Chris co-writes that really only leaves Love Is Here To Stay as new from Lindsey on that album, much as What's The World Coming To was IIRC about the only LB track on Say You Will that wasn't either recorded/performed around Dance time or originally intended for Gift of Screws.

But admittedly I'm going off topic here.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureStevie Nicks autograph. Signature display. Fleetwood Mac. Bella Donna.
$449.0
Stevie Nicks autograph. Signature display. Fleetwood Mac. Bella Donna.  pictureStevie Nicks Signed CD Time Space X3 In VG condition Complete C.O.A.         
$100.0
Stevie Nicks Signed CD Time Space X3 In VG condition Complete C.O.A.          pictureHeineken heavy vinyl banner Stevie Nicks double sided 23" + 55" hard to find..
$99.0
Heineken heavy vinyl banner Stevie Nicks double sided 23Stevie Nicks Autograph Photo COA
$95.0
Stevie Nicks Autograph Photo COA picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved