Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Nice quote about Lindsey...

Some people have probably already seen this, but for those who haven't...

An interview with Janet Robin who toured with Lindsey from 92 - 95, and was taught by Randy Rhoads (so Lindseys in good Guitar God company there)...

Interviewer: Considering all styles of music, are there any guitarists today that have caught your attention?

JANET: Hmmm, that's a good question. Well, of course, I really like Lindsey Buckingham and think he doesn't get much attention as a guitarist in his own right. I think it's because he's a songwriter's guitarist and doesn't do all that wacko trick playing. He is so for real that he's incomprehensible! He doesn't really fit into that guitar hero mode, but that's why I like him. He's totally unique

Interviewer: What were you doing between the time you left Precious Metal and the time you decided to record a solo CD?

JANET: After PM broke up, Leslie (vocalist) and myself started a little pop band for about a year, and then I got the gig with Lindsey Buckingham in his solo band...After his gig ended I made a conscious decision to go solo, and concentrate on my own work. After my stint with him I found that I really wanted to experiment with some of my own song ideas and playing and singing. I was really inspired by the gig with Buckingham.

Interviewer: How'd you get such an awesome opportunity to play in Lindsey Buckingham's band? What was it like?

JANET: I auditioned through recommendation. I played with him from 1992 - 1995 in support of 'Out of the Cradle'. We (the band) were not featured on the record, only on the tours...Working with Lindsey was great. He's a genius musician, and puts 200% into his music. He also expects that from his musicians! He's an amazing songwriter, arranger, producer, and performer. Kind of a renaissance man. It was definitely one of the greatest musical experiences I've had.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Gazza. Janet continues to be a great source for quotes about Lindsey (as well as being an interesting musician in her own right).
Old 04-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Renaissance Man!!

COOL!! Thanks for posting that Gazza!! SMART lady!! HEE!!