The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember at a very young age when I started seeing Fleetwood Mac I realized there was the Studio Band and the Live band two very different sounnds. Today that gap has shrunk.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this is one way to make a pretty song not-so-pretty!
Old 06-20-2017, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But Stevie looks great-1982 might be her best year looks-wise: 81 & 83 were good but there's something about 82 that just seems like shear Stevie-perfection! I know that sounds shallow, but I feel ok saying it since image has always been an important part of her allure.
*Ricoh*
Old 06-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God she looks soooo gorgeous....but that chorus. Yikes. I think Lindsey and Christine were at least trying, especially at the end of the second verse leading into the second chorus, but maybe Stevie was just really off her game or there was something wrong with the microphones but that did not sound right.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

There is a video to The Chain released too? Where might one find that??

Is it only the right channel audio for anyone else on Dreams? Hmm.

EDIT: Found it! For anyone who hasn't seen it:
https://www.vevo.com/watch/fleetwood...n/USSE91735504

Last edited by fleetwoodguy79; 06-20-2017 at 07:28 PM..
Old 06-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Gypsy - US Fest 1982!

Just stumbled on this a few minutes ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_dnrxD6v4

Her voice that night... hmm.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:43 PM

I loved that so much. Don't care that it was very pitchy at times.. She pushed through it like a pro.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I loved that so much. Don't care that it was very pitchy at times.. She pushed through it like a pro.
She did indeed. What happened at the end of the song where Lindsey didn't go into his normal solo and said something to her? Sweet moment between the two of them.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate that the camera didn't get a cool shot of John, Lindsey, and Christine all playing together at 1:40. Instead, the camera kept moving and cut them out of the shot. I also thought it was weird that Christine was singing in the middle of the song. These few US festival videos have been quite the treat, I hope they keep uploading more.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Well this is one way to make a pretty song not-so-pretty!
Good Lord, that was painful to hear! I agree they look great (especially Lindsey) but you always buy a ticket for something else.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Having seen/heard some truly awful Stevie performances, (ahem, Red Rocks, anyone?) that others have thought were so wonderful... I have to say this is NOT really that bad. I think, as someone else pointed out, we are only getting one channel of the audio, and we're just mostly getting Stevie's mic. You can't hear Chris's keyboards really at all and Lindsey's guitar solo is echoey and a bit muffled in the mix. This makes it sound like she is bellowing and drowning everyone else out but I gotta blame the recording and the mix on this one.

She does sound like she's singing it more how she does solo than how she used to do it with FM before touring solo.

But she's not so way off key as plenty of other performances.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting but I don't have any audio when I play them. All other youtube and Vevo and other channels work fine and speakers on. But these new Mac uploads have no sound for me. Anyone a techie and know why?
I am really missing out
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting but I don't have any audio when I play them. All other youtube and Vevo and other channels work fine and speakers on. But these new Mac uploads have no sound for me. Anyone a techie and know why?
I am really missing out
I just listened with headphones and there is sound only in the right speaker on both of the US Fest songs for me. Not sure if that means anything for you or not.

These videos are fabulous! This was a couple weeks before the Mirage show I went to, I believe. I'll have to check my ticket stub!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well it's clear she can't hear herself very well at all. She keeps holding her hand to her ear trying to hear, then she looks at Christine and gives a face like "I can't hear sh&t" and she holds out her arms like "wtf". She looks towards Lindsey at one point and kinda shrugs and holds her arms out and gestures in a sort of up, up, up gesture like trying to tell the sound mixers to turn up her monitors or something. She held her hand to her ear during Dreams as well, but she really can't hear herself on this one.

It's weird how Lindsey hangs back on the drum riser throughout. And Christine sings the first "she was just a wish, she was just a wish" before he comes down and stands by his mic. You can sort of hear what he says, it's one word, and he repeats it. At first it almost sounded like "b&tch" but then it's really either "which" or "witch" or "wish". He says it twice, she wags her finger at him and kisses him and walks off. Curious........

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-21-2017 at 09:49 AM..
Old 06-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome.

Side note.. has anyone else always been slightly annoyed that Lindsey didn't play the true guitar hook on the Mirage tour, as he did from The Dance on.. Even though it's a very slight alteration, I've always thought it took a little bit away from the song on this tour.