The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ahh this was awesome. Obviously the HBO one is much better, but this was still awesome to watch. They're all coked and drunk in the hot ass desert in early September. They're definitely sloppy, but it adds to the awesomeness. This give us hope that videos of their other songs from the US festival might be out there somewhere also.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 05-06-2017 at 11:05 PM..
Old 05-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Its pure rock concert greatness in excesses of the 80's. I have always said that 1982 was an end of an era for the Mac. This clip is a rock concert. Nothing like this would ever happen again. This was before back ground singers, programmed keyboards, and additional musicians. Its sloppy and spontaneous. Its rock concert goodness. Sadly today the music is precisely like the studio version because of technology and its so rehearsed. This is raw and its fantastic. The Mac was never the same again after this tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-07-2017 at 09:26 AM..
Old 05-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you sisternightroad for finding this gem. I loved it in all its rawness.Please dear God allow more live Fleetwood Mac videos to resurface from the years 1975-1982. Especially the live Rhiannon's from the Tusk tour!
Old 05-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its pure rock concert greatness in excesses of the 80's. I have always said that 1982 was an end of an era for the Mac. This clip is a rock concert. Nothing like this would ever happen again. This was before back ground singers, programmed keyboards, and additional musicians. Its sloppy and spontaneous. Its rock concert goodness. Sadly today the music is precisely like the studio version because of technology and its so rehearsed. This is raw and its fantastic. The Mac was never the same again after this tour.
This.

I agree completely! I HATE all the additional musicians now. WHO decided that it just wasn't enough, them with Ray occasionally adding an acoustic guitar?

I'd certainly guess that all the backup singers was Stevie's idea. Then I'd guess that led to more fattening.... BLECK!
Old 05-07-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thank you sisternightroad for finding this gem. I loved it in all its rawness.Please dear God allow more live Fleetwood Mac videos to resurface from the years 1975-1982. Especially the live Rhiannon's from the Tusk tour!
Actually I've seen it on Danielle's Stevie and FM Blog/Facebook Page.

Later this year also the Us Festival Documentary with FM full set should come out, let's hope it doesn't get delayed.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Actually I've seen it on Danielle's Stevie and FM Blog/Facebook Page.

Later this year also the Us Festival Documentary with FM full set should come out, let's hope it doesn't get delayed.

I remember seeing on the Facebook page that only The Chain and Gypsy were going to be in the documentary.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This.

I agree completely! I HATE all the additional musicians now. WHO decided that it just wasn't enough, them with Ray occasionally adding an acoustic guitar?

I'd certainly guess that all the backup singers was Stevie's idea. Then I'd guess that led to more fattening.... BLECK!

It would have been awesome if Lindsey did the Tango tour and it was still just the five of them and they actually have live videos of it, not the reenacted performances with occasional stock audience shots added in.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I remember seeing on the Facebook page that only The Chain and Gypsy were going to be in the documentary.
The full performances of many bands will be featured in the DVD extras.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

definitely interesting to see, especially for fans of the band. definitely the last real tour of the Rumours era band, before the dissipation, the comeback and nostalgia act phases.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie has such big wide open coke eyes right at the end of the second verse. I love how she laughs when she misses her cue. Usually she is not phased by such a thing but its great to see her have fun. Lindsey has absolutely NO eye contact with Stevie. That HBO stuff was a put on for TV
Old 05-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh man. This is Fleetwood Mac at their booze and chemical infused best. Stevie with the tambourine on her head like a halo is priceless. I really hope that US Festival film gets finished and released. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Honestly this one is not that good, especially compared to the one that was from the Mirage tour video.
Yes but that was filmed over two shows and produced. This is the real deal and that's what makes it great.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie has such big wide open coke eyes right at the end of the second verse. I love how she laughs when she misses her cue. Usually she is not phased by such a thing but its great to see her have fun. Lindsey has absolutely NO eye contact with Stevie. That HBO stuff was a put on for TV
Actually this recorded show was a much bigger deal for them than the HBO special.

Stevie also said that for this gig since it was so important they had remained relatively sober: https://books.google.it/books?id=JLf...ugs%22&f=false
However she also said later in her career that "sober" for her/them meant only alcohol and maybe a bit of pot.
The main thing I think was the fear, everyone including Stevie for her performance of the following year said that such an unprecedented big show with so many people was very unnerving.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-07-2017 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
The full performances of many bands will be featured in the DVD extras.

Are we able to purchase the DVD with extras if we didn't donate to the kickstarter?
Old 05-07-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Are we able to purchase the DVD with extras if we didn't donate to the kickstarter?
I don't know for sure how it will be, if you want to ask directly to director Aveni you can do it here:https://www.facebook.com/usfestmovie/?hc_ref=SEARCH

What I can tell you is that he said that the documentary will have no song performances but only brief clips here and there because it is a documentary. But the DVD will have additional content or "extra" that will be full performance from the bands that participated. When asked by me if FM full performance will be featured he confirmed.