User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Yes, which is where I have to disagree with Michelej1's reading of this moment. I don't think Stevie is accusing Lindsey of not liking the song, but, rather, not liking that the song provide the title for the album -- because it would make the album a Stevie thing. Lindsey says something like: "of course you knew i wouldn't like it" and then clarified, I think, by saying something like: "it's not that it's your song, it just doesn't have the right feel to it" as a title for the album (The irony is that, to me, Gift of Screws and Say You Will are the perfect titles for this album).
I don't remember hearing them say album title in that discussion, but if they were that puts it in a different light.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, you know it's so inconvenient to "watch" a CD that I think it's been 5 years since I've seen that stuff.

Michele
i havent figured out how to see it!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
i havent figured out how to see it!
Your computer should play it for you. Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched 'Destiny Rules' today for like the 20th time. I really love this documentary. I think Stevie is just so pretty and she's really funny. John cracks me up as well. Lindsey is hot as usual, but I love watching him do his thing with producing and singing as well as playing the guitar. I love the interaction between him and Stevie throughout this film!. Mick is crazy and loving with everyone. Every time I watch it, it makes me love this band even more.

- When Stevie comes in with the spirt catcher and John lights his cigarette, I just burst out laughing. You can just seem him thinking out loud about how weird Stevie can be

- I love Stevie's smile and laugh. She seemed to enjoyed herself, which she says she didn't now, but I call bs. She seemed genuinely happy to be there. Her voice is also great during this. I love her singing 'Thrown Down'. Such a good song.

- When Stevie and Lindsey are running through 'Goodbye Baby', I always shed a tear. That song is so moving to me, and the way she looks over at him while she's singing it melts my heart. I love that scene.

- The fight over 'Thrown Down' is so funny. "It's the just the poet that I am" while Lindsey rolls his eyes hahaha.

- I love when all four of them are being interviewed towards the end, but they are focusing on John and Mick interrupts him and John gets mad. It's quite amusing.

- I love the ending and the way they choose to end it. It's makes me remember when the lights went out right before they came out on stage in Atlanta. It makes me so excited to see them again... Hopefully

Overall, such a good documentary. If you haven't seen it, you must!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One more thing I noticed, when they start rehearsals they show a huge board with what seems to be the set-list and over to the far right there are songs which seem to me were cut, like Red Rover, Illume, and I think I saw Storms. Did anyone else see this or notice this while watching it?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post

- I love the ending and the way they choose to end it. It's makes me remember when the lights went out right before they came out on stage in Atlanta. It makes me so excited to see them again... Hopefully
Did you see them in June 2003 in Atlanta at Phillips Arena? I was at that concert!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Did you see them in June 2003 in Atlanta at Phillips Arena? I was at that concert!
No I wasn't

I went to see them April 28th at Phillips. It was the best day of my life! Where you there?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
No I wasn't

I went to see them April 28th at Phillips. It was the best day of my life! Where you there?
Had to miss that one because of no reliable transportation (I'm about 100 miles from Atlanta) The sad part was that my mom was coming to visit two days later- with a very reliable new rental car!!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Had to miss that one because of no reliable transportation (I'm about 100 miles from Atlanta) The sad part was that my mom was coming to visit two days later- with a very reliable new rental car!!
What part of Georgia do you live in, or do you live in Georgia at all?

I'm sad you missed the show. It was so amazing. I'm only sad that I wasn't able to meet any members of the band, bit at least I was able to give Stevie a poster I made!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
No, All Access was a program that VH-1 aired in promo of SYW.

Destiny Rules is the dvd doc, that I guess VH-1 aired too.
Which one shows them fighting more?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Ledgie

My random favorite parts of the documentary is the "it's just the poet that I am" line and Stevie bringing the singing fish to the house. She is such a trip.

I liked seeing them make the album and the interaction between all four of them but I usually fast forward through the part when they're talking to the record company guy. I don't know why but I can't stand that part.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Which one shows them fighting more?
There's only two "fights". The one is DR is a little longer, simply because it starts with Karen's discussion with Lindsey and Stevie trying to take up for Karen. The actual fight (edited) to a minute or less.

The All Access clip was very brief too and it was the only "fight" in it. It amounted to a sentence or two apiece with Mick sitting there looking like he'd rather be somewhere else. LOL.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthrax View Post

I liked seeing them make the album and the interaction between all four of them but I usually fast forward through the part when they're talking to the record company guy. I don't know why but I can't stand that part.

The part that cracks me up about this segment - at the end Stevie pats the guy on the arm and says, "go take a little rest" ... this is after she has explained to Lindsey that they shouldn't play them the entire gamut of new material and overwhelm them. Then, obviously, it ends up that they do - even though she tried her best to control that by starting the meeting with, "Linds, why don't you just play them my 3 songs". LOL. Can't blame a girl for trying.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i just pulled out my SYW cd pack
and tried it
and i dont remember ever being able to watch the "extras"

i get the lil shockwave thing with the pic of them all in the studio and the add your email to get updates thing. then the weblinks to GET EXTRAS...and clicking on it brings up a blank page

when i put the 2nd cd in...i have 6 mpg movies ... what (if anything) is on the actual SYW cd?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
i just pulled out my SYW cd pack
and tried it
and i dont remember ever being able to watch the "extras"

i get the lil shockwave thing with the pic of them all in the studio and the add your email to get updates thing. then the weblinks to GET EXTRAS...and clicking on it brings up a blank page

when i put the 2nd cd in...i have 6 mpg movies ... what (if anything) is on the actual SYW cd?
It's cool. It wasn't a lot but it does have Stevie recording and Lindsey asking her if it was ok and she said, "um it could use more echo...that's always going to be my answer - you know that." Cute. I think it may have also had the "title" fight too but I can't remember.