Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just noticed this

Maybe you've already seen this.

http://www.wmgk.com/personalities/jim_kinney.shtml

It's about Peter Green. I was looking about the site for the Don Henley interview and came across it.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The link doesn't work.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.wmgk.com/personalities/jim_kinney.shtml

this one should
Old 05-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting!
Old 05-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Mari. Of course it's "Lindsey," but it was good to see Peter get coverage anyhow!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Ledgie

What great news. The timing would seem right for such a thing. Peter has proven that he's not against strapping on a guitar and playing some, and he's not tied to the Slinter Group anymore. They guys are all alive and fairly well (Danny?). And as I've said before, I think that if anyone can make something like this happen it would be Mick Fleetwood. And after reading his book I think he'd do it for the legacy of F. Mac, and just the sheer fun of playing with that great line-up that started it all. And it seems to me that as long as those were the basic reasons for a reunion, Peter might be receptive.
Maybe they can come full circle and do a reunion where any profits go to a charitable cause. Wouldn't it be funny if Mick called Pete up and said to him, after 30+ years, "allright we'll do it your way and give the profits away".
Man, I hope this reunion happens.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Maybe they can come full circle and do a reunion where any profits go to a charitable cause. Wouldn't it be funny if Mick called Pete up and said to him, after 30+ years, "allright we'll do it your way and give the profits away".
Mick would give away his children before he'd give away his money.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2005, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to agree...
I'd say the best thing if there must be a reunion is they play in private or maybe make a record. No greatest hits tour!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
I have to agree...
I'd say the best thing if there must be a reunion is they play in private or maybe make a record. No greatest hits tour!
dino! i hear you. i still don't think this is a good idea and that it won't happen due to peter's and jeremy's reluctance. they both have good reasons to not be involved.

but as you say, assuming that mf's motives for bringing this up every few years selfless and not related to $$, the only way it would be worthwhile for all involved is get together and play. the blues, freeform, who cares? make a record if it works. move on if it doesn't.

greatest hits tour- i think you got that right too. pete wouldn't play lead on any of his hits except rattlesnake shake when he did them with the splinter group, so how would they do those on tour? jeremy wouldn't even play rhythm guitar on pete's songs the first time round.

but i would love to see the return of vince earl and the valents. with gold lame, expanded waistlines, and with wigs to hide all their bald heads, the mid 70's elvis and aging rocker parody potential is huge.

best to all, zero
Old 05-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac getting back together sounds great on paper, and although I highly doubt it will happen, I for one would love to see it.
A tour? Never happen. IMHO. You won't even see a set of dates at one location, such as the Cream reunion at Royal Albert Hall.
Too much pressure. Expectations couldn't be met.
It needs to be a low key affair. Best bet, an unannounced Festival Appearance or a few pub dates. Bring it back to the beginning. Put them in a small pub and just let them play. No need to "put on a show". Flub an intro? Forget a line? Laugh it off or actually just stop everything and start again.
Just a group of musicians with a shared history playing because they enjoy making music together. (Gee, what a concept )
You say Mick wouldn't go for it, 'cause they wouldn't make any money? Tape the show for release on DVD. Just like the Cream reunion.
As far as going into the studio, what would they record? Old Mac songs? You would lose the spontaneity of the live setting, even if they cut the tracks live without overdubbing, you would lose the excitement of audience, unexpectedly seeing what no one thought they would ever see or hear again.
More importantly, if they made a new CD, they would have to promote it.

While I don't believe Danny is in any shape to join them, it would be great to see some real collaboration between Peter and Jeremy. Maybe Jeremy would be more willing to play on Peter's songs now. Jeremy playing second guitar or even better, piano on some of the old Mac songs would change them completely.
If Jeremy was still reluctant, it would be great to see if they could talk Christine into sitting in on few numbers.

I'm curious as to what people would like to hear them do if it ever did happen.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Ledgie

I agree that it wouldn't happen if it were a big, involved event. Maybe a one-shot thing like the blues festival that Clapton had not long ago. Or - if they wanted to extend it just a bit more, do what Cream is doing right now.
I don't think it would be a big money making event anyway. Most people I know (here in the USA) think that Fleetwood Mac started in the mid-70's. I really enjoy telling them about PG's FM by the way. And the fact that "Black Magic Woman" was not a Santana original really trips them up.
The thing with Mick Fleetwood that I posted was from reading his book. I came away with a feeling that he cares a great deal about the legacy of FM.
I don't know what his financial situation is today, but I think he'd put together a Mac reunion for sentimental reasons more than for any profit involved. He certainlly gives much praise and credit to Peter for the very existance of FM. Hell, he dedicated the book to him. I would just love to see how Peter would respond being surrounded by his old mates, playing the blues. I can't imagine him not enjoying it.
And the involvment of "Harold" could be optional.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
And the involvment of "Harold" could be optional.
if jeremy is involved in a reunion, given his association with family/cog and the numerous documented abuse allegations, i'd be really surprised if "harold" is ever seen again.

zero
Old 05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Ledgie

I wouldn't seriously expect Harold to make the gig. I believe that Mick actually has Harold packed away somewhere. I'm sure Mick would leave Harold home and just bring his famous "balls".
Old 05-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the scenario that BklynBlue described would be the only way a reunion would happen. It would have to be something that would be low-pressure, low-expectations. Doing an unannounced date or dates would be ideal for that. No grand reunion plans.

I do think that if the four of them actually got together to play just for the fun of it and nothing more, they might make some surprisingly good music, and that would be great to hear. For that matter, even if the music wasn't first-rate, it would be a joy to see & hear them having fun playing together again. But could they do that without the inevitable pressure of turning it all into something bigger getting in the way of the fun?
Old 05-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure this will happen. Jeremy doesn't seem convinced that it's a good idea, and who knows who's pulling Peter's strings these days - for sure he hasn't pulled his own strings in years. If this idea did actually come to fruition, you might expect Jeremy to play more lead, in the way that Watson did in PGSG. I would love love love to see it, but I'd be really amazed. As for Danny, I think we all know it won't happen with him - I'd be astonished if he even turned up to watch