Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
If my lousy memory serves me right, FM were paid 1M to perform there as the headliner. Articles at that time stressed how the night before they were performing in Florida and in order to get them to appear, a cool 1M was offered for them to play.

Also, I don't understand why you are pouncing on sisternightroad. She didn't say anything out of line to you and IMHO she deserves more respect from you.
What the? Pouncing on Sister? Disrespectful? For real?
I could say maybe there is something different in the translation but English is my primary language. I am curious though. How did I pounce on Sister? I did disagree with her statement that the US Festival was more important to the Mac than the HBO show. I completely disagree and I base that on viewers. People actually got tired of the Mac on HBO every other night and the concert was played like crazy for about 5 years after the show. The US Festival may have intended to be viewed but no one saw it. You cant compare it to the HBO concert.
Is that pouncing? "She deserves more respect from you" So silly and harsh. Does not everyone deserve the same amount of respect on this board?
To the other poster that said I was disrespectful is a bit odd.
We can have a disagreement, that's fine. But to say I am pouncing or disrespectful of anyone is way over the line IMHO.
So we cant disagree with a moderator?
Pretty sad if that is the case. I said nothing disrespectful in any way shape or form. I see no reason to "chill" (as one poster says) because I state my opinion.
What is next? No disagreements or contrary viewpoints? I sure hope not
No one is expected to agree with me and I welcome those who don't. But I wont call someone names or disrespectful for doing it.
See some of you have brought me down to your third grade level

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-07-2017 at 08:04 PM..
Old 05-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That will NEVER happen on this board! (Thank god!)

It's bludgeon, or be bludgeoned!!!! Now where's my 2 x 4?
Old 05-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I'm not so sure.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-07-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Old 05-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is one of the things that I love about this board .People arguing over something that would be so obscure to most like whether the 35 year old Fleetwood Mac Us Festival show or the Fleetwood Mac Mirage show HBO special was more impactful .Where else is that is going to happen?

/

Old 05-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry. I screwed up and read the wrong post. You were not disrespectful to anyone. Hope u can forgive my blunder.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:53 PM
Ledgie

The audio is screwed up on that video. I'm listening to it on headphones and the left speaker is completely silent. I checked to make sure it wasn't the headphones. They should re-upload it.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE IT! 300,000 people. I'd rather see this than some cleaned-up edited release. They all are rocking!!!! Love Stevie hunching down on he stage at one point.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
One of the Rolling Stone reviews of one of their Rumours tour shows described her as staggering around the stage like a drunken sailor.
Yes, if I remember well it was the MSG concert review.

Quote:
If my lousy memory serves me right, FM were paid 1M to perform there as the headliner. Articles at that time stressed how the night before they were performing in Florida and in order to get them to appear, a cool 1M was offered for them to play.

Also, I don't understand why you are pouncing on sisternightroad. She didn't say anything out of line to you and IMHO she deserves more respect from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I remember a million too and I think Stevie got half that the following year for the US Festival.
Fletwood Mac were paid 500'000 Dollars that in today's currency is 1 million and something.
David Bowie the for the following year was paid 1 Million, which in today's currency must be more than 2 Millions of Dollars.

Also Viv thanks for your chivalry, it's rare to see it these days, it's just that in these cases I usually prefer to act like a lady and let such things slide because either they weren't meant to offend or, if they were, they don't deserve to be answered.

Quote:

Actually you'd better hope it won't ever come down to that because you'd all be finished, I'm pretty much a great bitch in person.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-08-2017 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Consecutio temporum
Old 05-08-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
I could say maybe there is something different in the translation but English is my primary language. I am curious though. How did I pounce on Sister? I did disagree with her statement that the US Festival was more important to the Mac than the HBO show. I completely disagree and I base that on viewers. People actually got tired of the Mac on HBO every other night and the concert was played like crazy for about 5 years after the show. The US Festival may have intended to be viewed but no one saw it. You cant compare it to the HBO concert.
Is that pouncing? "She deserves more respect from you" So silly and harsh. Does not everyone deserve the same amount of respect on this board?
To the other poster that said I was disrespectful is a bit odd.
We can have a disagreement, that's fine. But to say I am pouncing or disrespectful of anyone is way over the line IMHO.
So we cant disagree with a moderator?
Pretty sad if that is the case. I said nothing disrespectful in any way shape or form. I see no reason to "chill" (as one poster says) because I state my opinion.
No one is expected to agree with me and I welcome those who don't. But I wont call someone names or disrespectful for doing it.
See some of you have brought me down to your third grade level
Well, you post could have been read with an opinionated tone (at least in my mother language) but I don't think it deserves any further discussion, after all the written medium doesn't have a tone and it's easy to misinterpret things.

However returning to what I was trying to say, we (or at least I) were talking about the performance and what influenced it at the time, not a comparison between the hystorical importance of the Us festival and the HBO concert.
I was saying that at the time of the performance the band members, as other participants, were very unnerved by the prospect of performing before such a large crowd for such an important unprecedented event (remember that some have called it a second Woodstock) and with the prospect of world wide viewing. It's also interesting to remember that the organizer was Apple founder Steve Wozniac, who provided the best and most innovative technological solutions for that purpose. Before, during and right after the event they didn't know yet that the Us Festival wouldn't be released for years so that doesn't matter.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry. I screwed up and read the wrong post. You were not disrespectful to anyone. Hope u can forgive my blunder.
Apology accepted

Sometimes emails or posts have different mental contexts and tones to different people. Opinionated yes. Counter point yes. Disagreement yes. Disrespectful no.
The proper description is PASSIONATE.
I used to set my alarm for 2 am on a school night so I could sneak downstairs and turn on HBO and put my tape recorder against the TV to record the Mirage concert.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-08-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Old 05-08-2017, 02:01 PM

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE!!

YOU'RE ALL GROUNDED. Except for Christine fans. You're just on probation.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE!!

YOU'RE ALL GROUNDED. Except for Christine fans. You're just on probation.

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? You've been noticeably absent the past few days!
Old 05-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Just watched the video... What a hot mess!! Hahaha

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 05-08-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? You've been noticeably absent the past few days!
Making a short film... and.... I went to Palm Springs.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well apparently it got deleted.