User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I was talking more about Don Felder than Glen Frey. That's why I said I was adding my 0.02 Queen cents.

They all plotted against Lindsey. Azzoff included. I'm still unsure if Christine and John were part of that conversation, they disagreed and Mick/Stevie/Azzoff went on despite their differences and behind Christine and John's backs. Hence Christine's displeasure in the CBS interview.

After the last Mick's interview I'm starting to wonder if Stevie in fact wanted to fire him before Musicares and maybe Mick told her 'no'. Not defending Mick here, but she probably wanted to even take that away from him and his family.
Don Felder was not a lead singer in The Eagles lol.
And I doubt Azoff “plotted” against anyone. He was probably just as annoyed by it as anyone but when the situation became what it was, he went with the money.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly at this point people need to start letting this go lol. I was so mad about this situation and still am but saying the same things over and over and over isn’t gonna get you anywhere and all it does is make you sound like a broken record. Lindsey’s family is obviously entitled to what they’re feeling but as for fans, it’s been a full year and I guarantee you life will go on and everyone will be fine.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t remember a time when there were not many complaints about just how UNfun this place is.
you know, i posted the link to this thread in a FB group because people have been asking what is KB reacting to, and this thread has both recent Mick's interviews. people looked here and went - oh wow, that place used to be so horrible, nice to see there is actually some balance and reason on there!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Don Felder was not a lead singer in The Eagles lol.
And I doubt Azoff “plotted” against anyone. He was probably just as annoyed by it as anyone but when the situation became what it was, he went with the money.
Really? I didn't know that!!!! He was fired anyway. I know they were talking about lead singers. Honestly. I knew it….

Quote:
Honestly at this point people need to start letting this go lol. I was so mad about this situation and still am but saying the same things over and over and over isn’t gonna get you anywhere and all it does is make you sound like a broken record. Lindsey’s family is obviously entitled to what they’re feeling but as for fans, it’s been a full year and I guarantee you life will go on and everyone will be fine.
Thanks. Noted. We all know life goes on.

Well, at least Lindsey's family can still bitch about it…
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I intend to complain about this until I die — or get arthritis. Not really a let it go person. But I do walk away from websites where I don’t like the tone. I walked away from this website in 2003 because I did not like the people here and I went and hung out in FM Legacy which aligned more to my style.. Now there are so many other choices with social media than I had in 2003. It is easy to find a place perfectly suited.

Last edited by michelej1; 03-11-2019 at 01:44 AM..
Old 03-11-2019, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Perhaps you are in the WRONG FORUM. Think about that for a minute. There's a PRESENT BAND forum, and a GOAT forum. That's probably where you'll find the support for which you're looking. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As long as Mick and other members of the present band keep giving bs PR interviews that reference in only the most generic and half-assed ways the firing of their artistic lynchpin, I suspect none of us who keep commenting will “get over it.” And as long as the present lineup is till raking in money on a tour made up of songs largely crafted or arranged by the person they fired, well—getting over it just ain’t going to happen.

Most of us would welcome an honest interview from Mick that says more than “we were unhappy”—a sentiment held, quite visibly, by only 1/5 of the Rumours fivesome. If he and the McVies would just own their greed and say they bowed to the inbalance and spite of their star, that’d be a start. But obviously that isn’t going to happen and we’re not going to stop bitching.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
As long as Mick and other members of the present band keep giving bs PR interviews that reference in only the most generic and half-assed ways the firing of their artistic lynchpin, I suspect none of us who keep commenting will “get over it.” And as long as the present lineup is till raking in money on a tour made up of songs largely crafted or arranged by the person they fired, well—getting over it just ain’t going to happen.

Most of us would welcome an honest interview from Mick that says more than “we were unhappy”—a sentiment held, quite visibly, by only 1/5 of the Rumours fivesome. If he and the McVies would just own their greed and say they bowed to the inbalance and spite of their star, that’d be a start. But obviously that isn’t going to happen and we’re not going to stop bitching.
Mick could easily ask for no more questions about Lindsey, like Stevie did. But he LOVES stirring the pot. So if he still can say nasty things about Lindsey I think we’re still entitled to support him and bitch about those traitors.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick could easily ask for no more questions about Lindsey, like Stevie did. But he LOVES stirring the pot. So if he still can say nasty things about Lindsey I think we’re still entitled to support him and bitch about those traitors.
Mick will take any kind of press he can get, good/bad makes no difference to him. I am sure he loves that Lindsey’s wife is tweeting about him. He’s a narcissistic charlatan
Old 03-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd feel entitled to bitch even if he said "no questions about Lindsey" because we haven't ever gotten a satisfactory reason for his firing.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd feel entitled to bitch even if he said "no questions about Lindsey" because we haven't ever gotten a satisfactory reason for his firing.
^^^^^ EXACTLY!!!!
Old 03-11-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Well I broke down
Like a little Girl.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I’m not saying anyone has to get over it and learn to accept the band now etc. I know I don’t and I never will. But honestly it’s basically fact that nothing anyone in the band says about the matter will change anytime soon so at some point it’s got to be tiring just saying the same things over and over and over for a year. If Mick or Stevie or someone actually said something different to fuel some new conversation then that would be something. But at this point it doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen so the talk never changes, everyone just keeps repeating different variations of the same thing they have been saying for a year. Like trust me, I know Mick is shameless and Stevie is crazy but really what’s the point in it being repeated constantly when it isn’t fueling any new discussion.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know. After 40 years, there's not a lot new to discuss. Maybe offer our insights on the making of Rumours ...
Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't know. After 40 years, there's not a lot new to discuss. Maybe offer our insights on the making of Rumours ...
It was the best of times. . . . it was the worst of times.

1976 Sausalito
Tempers were frayed, nerves were on edge, and music was slick and sweet.
Good songs just poured out of the people in Fleetwood Mac, like orange juice out of a jug.

I was actually more bummed about Lindsey's 1987 departure because their musical power hadn't deteriorated very much by that point. I was actually really looking forward to a 1987 tour with a post-Rock a Little Stevie bellowing at Lindsey onstage and him shouting right back.

But last year's separation was a lot more unexpected, and it's that shock that is impossible to come to complete terms with. A post-Dance Fleetwood Mac, no matter how fractious, just doesn't split up. Know what I mean? It was the strangest non sequitur in the band's post-Spencer history. Who could have or would have predicted that the group, at this late, late stage, would kick Lindsey out?

moviekinks.blogspot.com