Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The elevator game

Suppose you are in a skyscraper and take the elevator to the top floor. In the elevator you meet a Fleetwood Mac member. It’s early 2022 so Christine is included in the possibilities. You got eye contact with this member and even interchange Good Evening salutes. Just you two are in the elevator, no one else.

You are all alone with this member within the elevator for several secons. So then you ask something to this member. What would you ask?

The only 3 rules are
1. Choose one member.
2. It’s a question. You ask something, not share an opinion, not tell something. And it’s just one question.
3. I propose to choose a member you like, but it’s your decision. If you choose a member you dislike or are disappointed with, be polite. You can ask about something to clarify an action/position this member have and you dislike, but be polite asking it.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Good question and I think of this stuff all the time. Its actually happened to me. During Lindsey's meet and greet I regret not offering off a quick question about Tusk that gets debated here all the time. We just chatted quickly about Miami. But I am so respectful of celebrities that I purposely avoid questions and such because they can get annoyed with such antics. I wish I could have asked Lindsey about the Tusk tracking. Was it purposely thrown together to not have flow and make it more quirky. Did the record company do the track listing? But a better question that would involve a longer answer was Lindsey's meeting with Bob Welch shortly after Lindsey joined the band. I want to know more about what was said.

I don't think with Chris one question would satisfy me so I would just give compliments about her solo career. I would tell her that I have all her solo albums and they are my favorites and was at her solo concert in 1984 and thank her for her music. If I had a longer time with Chris I would go back to the Bob Welch days and when Bob would say Chris would give him side eye on stage for talking in the middle of songs.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-13-2023 at 08:42 AM..
Old 02-13-2023, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey question…….

What do you think it would have been musically if solo projects never happened and you produced and recorded Fleetwood Mac albums in 1981,1985,1989,1992 and 1994?
Old 02-13-2023, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
What do you think it would have been musically if solo projects never happened and you produced and recorded Fleetwood Mac albums in 1981,1985,1989,1992 and 1994?
His head would have exploded and he would have left far before 1987. 1982-1989 were bad drug years around some in the band. Lindsey barely got through Tango, no way he would or could have stayed on for so much nonsense. Mick declared bankruptcy in 1984. Stevie would rent expensive recording studios and never show up in 1984. No way he stayed without an outlet on his own.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-13-2023 at 05:51 PM..
Old 02-13-2023, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
His head would have exploded and he would have left far before 1987. 1982-1989 were bad drug years around some in the band. Lindsey barely got through Tango, no way he would or could have stayed on for so much nonsense. Mick declared bankruptcy in 1984. Stevie would rent expensive recording studios and never show up in 1984. No way he stayed without an outlet on his own.
I’m sorry Macfan4life the question was for Lindsey….😎
Old 02-13-2023, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default For Stevie

If you turned down the invitation to Fritz, then which artist, who is now famous, do you think you would have met and then been in a band or duo with for over forty years?
Old 02-13-2023, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default For John.

Hey, quick question: What kind of strings do you use?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2023, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Hey, quick question: What kind of strings do you use?
I'd bet you anything that he doesn't know.

Whatever his tech puts on there.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 02-14-2023 at 04:15 PM..
Old 02-14-2023, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Christine, sorry to bother you…
….but can I ask why the hell you and Lindsey didn’t just put the Buckingham McVie album out as a Fleetwood Mac album? In hindsight, don’t you feel frustrated you didn’t stand up to Stevie and go ahead and just do it?

Maybe a lame question and I’m sure it would have garnered a tame, diplomatic answer.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-14-2023, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can’t think of anything good at the moment, but one silly question I’ve always had for Christine: Why did you play a Roland EP-10 in the Rosebud soundstage songs (Go Your Own Way, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Rhiannon)? Was your tech testing the first all-electronic combo model for you to replace the Pianet? Why didn’t you try the latest in that line, the EP-30, which was at least touch-sensitive? And why did you go back to the Pianet for the next several years of touring? Think back and think hard, Chris. You probably don’t remember a damn thing about this, so make up a cool-sounding answer. The EP-10 has to be the tackiest low-tech thing you’ve ever played since becoming a multimillionaire.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-14-2023, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I can’t think of anything good at the moment, but one silly question I’ve always had for Christine: Why did you play a Roland EP-10 in the Rosebud soundstage songs (Go Your Own Way, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Rhiannon)? Was your tech testing the first all-electronic combo model for you to replace the Pianet? Why didn’t you try the latest in that line, the EP-30, which was at least touch-sensitive? And why did you go back to the Pianet for the next several years of touring? Think back and think hard, Chris. You probably don’t remember a damn thing about this, so make up a cool-sounding answer. The EP-10 has to be the tackiest low-tech thing you’ve ever played since becoming a multimillionaire.

Maybe the Pianet was in the shop? Plus, if she was substituting the Pianet, was touch sensitivity necessary?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2023, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG, Christine, what was the name of the cat you terrorized while screaming in your apartment when the Swedish DJ dumped you?

No--seriously...
Old 02-14-2023, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe the Pianet was in the shop? Plus, if she was substituting the Pianet, was touch sensitivity necessary?
Often it comes down to the reliability of the instrument. I supplied Fender Twin reissues for an artist for about 10 years. He used to request the original vintage amps, but eventually changed his tune to requesting the newer reissues. Because they were more reliable. There's nothing worse than your gear crapping out mid show.
Old 02-14-2023, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Often it comes down to the reliability of the instrument. I supplied Fender Twin reissues for an artist for about 10 years. He used to request the original vintage amps, but eventually changed his tune to requesting the newer reissues. Because they were more reliable. There's nothing worse than your gear crapping out mid show.
Tobin Sprout’s Hiwatt died mid show (first night of a three show leg) and had to plug into a DI box. He bought a Blackstar the next day.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2023, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tobin Sprout’s Hiwatt died mid show (first night of a three show leg) and had to plug into a DI box. He bought a Blackstar the next day.
My Yamaha CP30 started crackling every time I hit the keys at Whiskey Pete’s in Stateline. The sound man told me at intermission (my monitor was on the fritz) and said that he actually turned off my channel in the PA entirely.

moviekinks.blogspot.com