Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't think it's the 50 years. I think Stevie has the worst memory of the Fleetwood Mac members. I thought Chris' was likely the best. I think the drug abuse, and the Klonopin really did damage to Stevie's memory.

yes, one has to wonder how much drug and alcohol abuse affected what they remember.

i think all of them have had some lapses in memory over the years...esp as they got older...stevie seems to frequently embellish her memories to make them even more dramatic or sweet.

mick generally seems to have a decent recall of facts, esp in the early days with peter green.

lindsey seems to recall a few things clearly and then repeats his lines in interviews like he's been reading a script for the last 30 years.

john's memory was never great, as he would probably freely admit to. hearing him on the BBC songbird thing say he asked chris out to dinner a couple hours after seeing her at the windsor jazz festival made me cringe and yell at my screen. hearing him say he never realized Don't Stop was about him, even after it was pointed out to him about 100 times over the years, even by chris herself, is oddly frustrating. she thought it was because he's 'been fighting a battle with alcohol for most of his life.'

in one of her last interviews, I scolded chris through the screen when she said john proposed to her shortly after coming back from Europe. umm, no...that would be shortly after he came back from America.

but i guess since they don't obsess and ruminate over details as we crazy fans tend to do, it's easier for them to get fuzzy on details that happened like 50 years ago.

--Lis
Old 01-31-2023, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
in one of her last interviews, I scolded chris through the screen when she said john proposed to her shortly after coming back from Europe. umm, no...that would be shortly after he came back from America.

but i guess since they don't obsess and ruminate over details as we crazy fans tend to do, it's easier for them to get fuzzy on details that happened like 50 years ago.
I had a moment like that as well, listening to her March 2022 interview I think. She couldn't remember if Tusk was the next album after Rumours, and I worried her memory had gone.

You're so right about fans recalling these kinds of things more than the band members. We wouldn't expect anyone else to remember details of their work projects from 45 years ago, right?
Old 01-31-2023, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
I had a moment like that as well, listening to her March 2022 interview I think. She couldn't remember if Tusk was the next album after Rumours, and I worried her memory had gone.

You're so right about fans recalling these kinds of things more than the band members. We wouldn't expect anyone else to remember details of their work projects from 45 years ago, right?
I'll bet the rest of the members remember the order of the albums. It's not like they were releasing an album every 6 months. $tevie only remembers $tevie.