The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

why are the men who don't like your career, resent your success, don't "get" you, don't like your friends….your "great loves"??? Sound like buttheads to me.

And then the guys who like you and trust you to do whatever you're going to do on the road are just…..some "other" category.

She always says her "career" got in the way…and I don't doubt for at time there when she was at her peak running two careers (80-87/8 or so) time was just impossible to find. But otherwise, especially since then, once she got clean from Klonopin, it's really been her choice not to be in a long-term monogamous relationship. She chooses not to make certain concessions or compromises for a relationship, she doesn't make the effort to accommodate someone else's needs. It CAN be done--- even with two famous people…. look at Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Fergie and Josh Duhamel, etc etc, and hell even Madonna has made it work long enough to have a family etc. Chris has managed to fit in long-term relationships. Stevie just isn't about to put anyone ahead of herself. Which is fine; just own it. I don't have a relationship because I choose to be the center of my universe and I'm good with that. Don't blame the "career" like it's something you have no control over. Especially since the late 80s and through the 90s til now.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
You know, I never even thought of that.......makes sense. I just kept thinking that Karen must spend every night washing that thing by hand and hanging up to dry. Because, outside of the concerts, she is NEVER NOT IN THAT THING.
She probably has 10 of them.

Michele
Old 01-24-2015, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
The longer interview now:
This is a great interview. Thanks.

Michele
Old 01-24-2015, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
She should of just owned up to it after say you will and put it in writing contractually that she would only be part of Fleetwood Mac as a touring entity and NOT as a contributing studio member instead of all this hot and cold BS. Had that happened, I wonder if the tours in '09 and '13 would have ever occurred and subsequently the return of Christine. It sure is bittersweet these days.
I don't see how that matters at all. After the Say You Will tour they ceased being a recording band just by default. There was no master plan.

Both Stevie and Lindsey preoccupied their time with their solo careers. At least those two cash-grab tours kept the Fleetwood Mac brand alive, and fattened their coffers.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I don't see how that matters at all. After the Say You Will tour they ceased being a recording band just by default. There was no master plan.

Both Stevie and Lindsey preoccupied their time with their solo careers. At least those two cash-grab tours kept the Fleetwood Mac brand alive, and fattened their coffers.
But Lindsey has wanted, and tried to push the other members for, another Mac record for years now. While he has returned to his solo career when gaps have opened up (minus the one time he said, give me 3 years) he has ultimately always wanted the Mac to continue to be a vital recording band. It's Stevie that's been holding that up.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Haha!!! that made my day, thanks for the laugh. She needs a prescription of fukitol.
Most definitely.But if that doesn't work,then she has no choice but to have the dreaded analrodectomy done,which is a procedure that has been proven to effectively alleviate the annoying symptoms of IMeMyitis in chronic sufferers
Old 01-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I would LOVE to have a second 24 Karat Gold album with my album favorite demo "City of Hope" on it!

That said....

I want her to do an album with Fleetwood Mac more. There's just nothing like the magic when there's all five of them together, and this is pretty much the last chance for that magic to happen.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that Stevie will do the new Fleetwood Mac record, but I also think she got screwed. 24K Gold is a triumph and she knows it.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually this read to me like what she wants to do is finish 9-10 more demos, put out a repackaged 24 Karat Gold with the additional tracks, then move on to Mac. I definitely got the sense of a re-released 24 Karat Gold with additional tracks:

"I think that this is one of the best records I’ve ever made. So I can’t just let this record go. When the Fleetwood Mac tour is over, I might go straight back to Nashville and record eight or nine songs, and Warner Brothers can take it and repackage the album."

Last edited by tabruns; 01-25-2015 at 10:56 PM..
Old 01-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really cool to hear her talking about City of Hope. What is this "Kennedys" song? I wonder when it was written
Old 01-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Stephanie better get her sh*t together. Most fans want a new FM album before another solo album from Stevie, and I say this as a huge fan of hers. I loved 24K but I want to hear a proper followup to "Tango".
OMG, exactly my opinion. I listen to Say You Will a lot and that's 12 years old now. A new FM album is long overdue. She'd better realise this.