Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie and Lindsey's Big Fight

I found some quotes from Stevie about a fight between her and Lindsey. I think this was 87. If anyone has the audio to this, can you link it or post it because I can't seem to? This is pretty scary. Woah. I think if anyone thought she never regretted smiling at him..well. I know he kicked her on stage during one of the Tusk shows but is he a violent person? Is she? This blew me away. (Oh and if he had killed her, her family and the band would have to get in line behind me!)

Because of that guilt I have always had about not leaving Fleetwood Mac, flew off of the couch and across the room to seriously attack him. And I did. I mean, and I’m not real scary but I can be fairly ferocious. And I grabbed him, you know, which almost got me killed.

He ended up chasing me all the way out of Christine’s maze like house and down the street and then back up the street and then he threw me against the car and I screamed horrible obscenities at him and uh I thought he was going to kill me and I think he probably thought he was going to kill me, too. And um, I said to him “you know if the rest of the..if the rest of the people in the band don’t get you, my family will. My dad and my brother will kill you.”
Old 07-21-2005, 04:09 PM

Yes LB has some alleged concerns about respecting women. Don't know how true but the evidence did add up over the years....
Old 07-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagringader&r
I found some quotes from Stevie about a fight between her and Lindsey. I think this was 87. If anyone has the audio to this, can you link it or post it because I can't seem to? This is pretty scary. Woah. I think if anyone thought she never regretted smiling at him..well. I know he kicked her on stage during one of the Tusk shows but is he a violent person? Is she? This blew me away. (Oh and if he had killed her, her family and the band would have to get in line behind me!)

Because of that guilt I have always had about not leaving Fleetwood Mac, flew off of the couch and across the room to seriously attack him. And I did. I mean, and I’m not real scary but I can be fairly ferocious. And I grabbed him, you know, which almost got me killed.

He ended up chasing me all the way out of Christine’s maze like house and down the street and then back up the street and then he threw me against the car and I screamed horrible obscenities at him and uh I thought he was going to kill me and I think he probably thought he was going to kill me, too. And um, I said to him “you know if the rest of the..if the rest of the people in the band don’t get you, my family will. My dad and my brother will kill you.”
Wow That is the first time I've ever seen that, where did you find it Sue?
You're so like me
Old 07-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
If anyone has the audio to this, can you link it or post it because I can't seem to?
Here's the audio via YouSendIt to those who haven't heard it:

Part 1.

Part 2.

Keep in mind, she stated these things during the Klonopin era, it was either 1994 or 1995.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 07-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no doubt the fight happened and I think it was pretty much as she described it. I also think that fight was the volcanoe erupting and both are pretty horrified by it now in hindsight. I am just glad they were able to work it out in the end.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lindsay is jealous because her solo career is still successful his dosen't exist!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:50 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
This message has been deleted by ReFleetwoodMac.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
You're new around here, aren't you?
LOL!
'Cause when I look down, I just miss all the good stuff
and when I look up, I just trip over things."
-Ani Difranco
Old 07-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecricket2
LOL!
ROFCSGMHO

(OK, that's: rolling on floor clutching sides giggling my head off)
(Amazingly, some people still really don't even know who Fleetwood Mac is, let alone the ins and outs of Buck-Nicks dramas!) (I guess not everybody is a fanatic...) (clears throat) SO don't feel bad! It's kinda cute really....
Old 07-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I have no doubt the fight happened and I think it was pretty much as she described it. I also think that fight was the volcanoe erupting and both are pretty horrified by it now in hindsight. I am just glad they were able to work it out in the end.
Yeah, what he said.

- Jake
Old 07-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah, this is when he told them he was skipping out on the Tango tour after all of the dates had been booked. Had they not gone out with Vito and Burnette, it probably would have cost the band a fortune. Mick was pretty much bankrupt around this time too, I think.
Lindsey had already agreed to go on the tour so she had good reason to be pissed at him. It had been building for a very long time though, I'm sure.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Here's the audio via YouSendIt to those who haven't heard it:

Part 1.

Part 2.

Keep in mind, she stated these things during the Klonopin era, it was either 1994 or 1995.
Thanks for posting the links to those. I wonder what her being on Klonopin at the time had anything to do with the fight or what she said, though. I don't think Stevie was so out of it that she made any of it up or embellished or whatever. jbrownsjr said there were alleged concerns about Lindsey respecting women and I'm really curious to know what those are, other than what I've already heard about the Tusk kick? No disrespect meant, but for those that think Stevie should be with Lindsey, ugh. I don't think so.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
No disrespect meant, but for those that think Stevie should be with Lindsey, ugh. I don't think so.
Standard SNL shipper response:
Quote:
Hate is not the opposite of love, indifference is!

Old 07-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I've known about this incident for a while and it never surprised me. Was this the same time that Lindsey said "Keep that crazy bitch away from me!" or was that during Tusk?

*Sue I have something very important to tell you!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Standard SNL shipper response:
Hmm. I guess my response would be "if beating somebody up is love, that's really messed up."
Old 07-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister
Was this the same time that Lindsey said "Keep that crazy bitch away from me!" or was that during Tusk?
According to Mick's book it was. The book says that Lindsey called Stevie "a schizophrenic bitch", or something along those lines.