User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs up Ooh my love .....LIVE

I could never understand why Stevie never did this live since it transforms so perfectly live. But it appears she did practice it....thus this recording. I love this song.
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYsz...CCnh-QoFo9eUVw
Old 01-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I could never understand why Stevie never did this live since it transforms so perfectly live. But it appears she did practice it....thus this recording. I love this song.
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYsz...CCnh-QoFo9eUVw
I like this, a rare gem, thanks for posting Skip!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I only recently discover this. What a surprising anomaly, especially if she was considering adding a never-performed deep album track from her previous album to the set list for the tour she was planning for her new album. The song was featured on the Enchanted box set; so she is obviously proud of it.

It sounds pretty good live, yet it never made it to the stage for this tour or any of her subsequent tours. I wonder if this song a serious set list contender, or were they just entertaining themselves, as this new band configuration was just getting itself together. Perhaps Rick Vito suggested playing it.

I saw her Whole Lot of Trouble (TOSOTM) show early in that tour, and was impressed and happy that she performed a reasonable amount of songs from the album. Her voice was strong and clear, despite her lethargic state.

Rooms on Fire
Two Kinds of Love
Whole Lotta Trouble
Alice
Juliet

Ooh My Love, Long Way to Go and Doing the Best that I Can would have been great on stage. Early on, she dropped Juliet and Talk to Me from the set (I'm grateful I got to see those songs performed - especially Juliet, because it was a memorable highlight of the show). But she didn't replace it with another song. Why not rotate/swap some of those songs at each show? It seems once a set list is is established, it's set in stone, like a scripted stage play. "It's all the same, it's all the same."

My guess is that it's just more easier for her to to perform the well-worn road songs, with the mindset that her audience just wants to hear the songs they are most familiar with. That is true to a certain extent. But when you tour behind a new album, to promote it, shouldn't you have confidence in the new material to feature more than 3 or 4 new songs? The ideal mix I'd prefer is 45% new material, 45 hits & popular songs and 10% deep tracks/off beat material.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-26-2015 at 05:49 AM..
Old 01-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
My guess is that it's just more easier for her to to perform the well-worn road songs, with the mindset that her audience just wants to hear the songs they are most familiar with. That is true to a certain extent. But when you tour behind a new album, to promote it, shouldn't you have confidence in the new material to feature more than 3 or 4 new songs? The ideal mix I'd prefer is 45% new material, 45 hits & popular songs and 10% deep tracks/off beat material.
I only find this to be true of Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. I like to think I see a pretty wide variety of shows each year, and no other artist that I've seen live, ever, stacks their setlists so much in favor of the hits from years gone by. Stevie/Mac have been doing it forever, so I don't think it has anything to do with current artists versus classic artists. Aside, I agree completely - when touring behind a new album, the new album should be played with preference over older material. Save the oldies for the encores. If the new songs are never going to become radio staples, how else are people supposed to know them if 8/10ths of the audience are casual fans who don't listen to albums? Even Rhiannon and Stand Back were new songs at one time.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Long Way to Go and Ooh My Love were also rehearsed for the mirror tour...
Old 01-26-2015, 09:16 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Long Way to Go and Ooh My Love were also rehearsed for the mirror tour...
Street Angel tour I believe (or both)
Old 01-28-2015, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Even Rhiannon and Stand Back were new songs at one time.
Uhh! Those new songs? I didn't pay money to hear songs I don't know. Time for a bathroom break. I'm so disappointed they didn't play (insert song here). I've been robbed! This show sucked. I'm not a fan anymore.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-28-2015 at 03:09 AM..
Old 01-28-2015, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Street Angel tour I believe (or both)
They would have been welcome inclusions to the set list.

Perhaps Stevie, being so dismayed with the Street Angel recording process and final product (even with her efforts to"fix" it), became emotionally disconnected with the album.

Maybe, when she was putting her tour set list together, she looked back to consider songs from her prior album.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-29-2015 at 02:30 AM..
Old 01-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

re: They would have been welcome inclusions to the set list.

Absolutely! This was another missed opportunity. There were several others from the SA rehearsals - acoustic version of SB, LWTG. This version of OML is *awesome*.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Uhh! Those new songs? I didn't pay money to hear songs I don't know. Time for a bathroom break. I'm so disappointed they didn't play (insert song here). I've been robbed! This show sucked. I'm not a fan anymore.
I'm the type that goes to the bathroom during a song I know, so that I don't miss anything new.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I'm the type that goes to the bathroom during a song I know, so that I don't miss anything new.
I don't go to the bathroom, but I know what you mean. If I am sitting where the band can see me, I make sure to participate and show enthusiasm and really exaggerate all my gestures, for the songs that they don't play all of the time, just to try to let them know they should not be afraid of the audience reaction to their back catalog. I want to encourage them.

During the Rumours songs that they will play anyway, no matter what, I usually work on my tax worksheets.

Michele
Old 01-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't go to the bathroom, but I know what you mean.
I try not to...but after a few beers, you just gotta go!

Quote:
During the Rumours songs that they will play anyway, no matter what, I usually work on my tax worksheets.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Very funny. I take a power nap.