User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

That's what I'd think. What I'd say would simply be something like "Oh okay that's great. It looks very...interesting...um...I don't know where you should put it. Maybe on the mantelpiece."
Right. Their reaction to Stevie was perfectly polite. And anyway, they had known the woman for 30 years, I don't think .... I don't think you have any particular reaction to the crazy things someone you love and know well may or may not do after all of that time.

I can't remember what Mick did in the documentary. Did he take his shirt off when he exercised or do something zany? I can't recall now, but I remember thinking that, "When he does something strange like that, the others don't even raise an eyebrow anymore. They're so used to each other's eccentricities."

Stevie once was talking about the new crop of young singers (i.e. Britney) and how they capitalize on shock value not realizing that the shock eventually wears off. Stevie said when you see a naked person often enough, you just stop looking up when they pass. That's how I feel about FM. They have seen each other do so many wacky things, that they become inured to it, even if they thought it was strange in the beginning. Probably by 1980 it was "yawn, that again?"

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Dave and Stevie should let Christine and Lindsey slap vocals on 3 of the songs Dave produced for Stevie and put those on an FM album along with the songs Christine and Lindsey have forged together and then put out an album. They are not going to work together as a group of 5, so work together as a group of 4 and 1 and let's just get something done.

Michele

Yes and put it out as the tour is about to begin.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
First, I am a woman, not a man.
Second, I highlighted the most appalling and offensive comments because they were my point.

I like to back up what I am talking about. Thanks.
Whether you picked all of the negative ones are just some of them they're still a small minority. Most people are excited.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's interesting that at the start of 2014 SN said she has no idea what she will do in the first part of 2014, before they start tour rehearsals, that her schedule is wide open.

at about the same time Mick was mentioning in some interview at the beginning of 2014 that 4 out of 5 members of FM will go into the studio in march.

we were speculating at the time who will not be in the studio, and most thought it's John because of his treatments. this article clears up any of that confusion. John was there with them.
It's apparent now, that Stevie was being reticent on purpose (which many of us already believed). Stevie signed a 5 record contract with WBR in 1996, hence her commitment to begin this 5th solo release w/ Reprise. Fleetwood Mac does not have any contractual deal in place to release these new recordings. Stevie is not going to be promoting a record to the press/media that has not been agreed upon or signed on the dotted line.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's interesting that at the start of 2014 SN said she has no idea what she will do in the first part of 2014, before they start tour rehearsals, that her schedule is wide open.

at about the same time Mick was mentioning in some interview at the beginning of 2014 that 4 out of 5 members of FM will go into the studio in march.

we were speculating at the time who will not be in the studio, and most thought it's John because of his treatments. this article clears up any of that confusion. John was there with them.
Yes, I do remember that comment. People thinking well her schedule shouldn't be wide open because she should be working in the studio with FM. It seemed like she was adamant that she would be doing something other than FM until tour rehearsals.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dave and Stevie should let Christine and Lindsey slap vocals on 3 of the songs Dave produced for Stevie and put those on an FM album along with the songs Christine and Lindsey have forged together and then put out an album. They are not going to work together as a group of 5, so work together as a group of 4 and 1 and let's just get something done.
or better yet, just add a few songs done by dave and stevie as they are, without any additions, to the rest of the songs done by the 4 macsters, and put the album out.

that way we'll have to read the complaints from shackinup and rockaway about uneven production, but that's still better than having to read how lindsey & christine's *horrible* vocals ruined stevie's sublime songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes and put it out as the tour is about to begin.
yes, absolutely!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

that way we'll have to read the complaints from shackinup and rockaway about uneven production, but that's still better than having to read how lindsey & christine's *horrible* vocals ruined stevie's sublime songs.

To be fair, more people complained that Stevie's voice ruined Lindsey's GOS songs than ever complained that his voice ruined her songs. The main complaint was that his production ruined it. They didn't talk about his voice. I liked his voice on Thrown Down and EFO and I liked her voice on Miranda.

In concert though, I did see people saying that Lindsey was yelling on Dreams and made them jump every time he sang harmony, because his voice was so discordant. That made me laugh, but I don't even know that they were wrong. Lindsey is always yelling in concert. In fact, I was mesmerized during the UTS tour when Not Too Late started soft, but by the end of the tour he was screaming the lyrics on that one too. He's a character.

I agree with you about people talking about uneven production. Let's just try to have consistent production on 2/3 of the album and let Dave and Stevie have carte blanche on their 1/3.

Lindsey should keep his paws off of that. Don't even play guitar on it, because I don't want him to be accused of hogging or showboating instrumentally on her songs.

That reminds me of Rhiannon in concert, though. Hey, Christine is back, maybe we can get the old guitar riff back on that song.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yes, I do remember that comment. People thinking well her schedule shouldn't be wide open because she should be working in the studio with FM. It seemed like she was adamant that she would be doing something other than FM until tour rehearsals.
yeah, wasn't she asking Dave Grohl whether he'd be open for some touring with her since she has nothing to do before FM?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I was their manager I would take all of Stevie and Dave's recordings and everything Christine and Lindsey has done plus the 8 that was done and add vocals, etc. and put out two albums. The first in the fall of 2012 and the second in the spring of 2015. Pipe dream I know but it would be a win win.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, wasn't she asking Dave Grohl whether he'd be open for some touring with her since she has nothing to do before FM?
Stevie was actively looking for work, to fill her open schedule. She even found a Big Boy's and asked if she could come in as a waitress and work up until the FM tour started, "I know I'm a little rusty but I'll share my tips."

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie was actively looking for work, to fill her open schedule. She even found a Big Boy's and asked if she could come in as a waitress and work up until the FM tour started, "I know I'm a little rusty but I'll share my tips."

Michele

Old 05-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
If I was their manager I would take all of Stevie and Dave's recordings and everything Christine and Lindsey has done plus the 8 that was done and add vocals, etc. and put out two albums. The first in the fall of 2012 and the second in the spring of 2015. Pipe dream I know but it would be a win win.
That raises a question about their management. They had all been under the same umbrella for awhile but if FM is still with Irving Azoff, I wonder if Stevie is.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele

"You mean the shakes aren't served in faux-silver goblets anymore??"
Old 05-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That raises a question about their management. They had all been under the same umbrella for awhile but if FM is still with Irving Azoff, I wonder if Stevie is.

Michele
In the "IYD" book Stevie lists her management as "HK Management...Howard Kaufman and Sheryl Louis"
No mention of Azoff
Old 05-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right. Their reaction to Stevie was perfectly polite. And anyway, they had known the woman for 30 years, I don't think .... I don't think you have any particular reaction to the crazy things someone you love and know well may or may not do after all of that time.
I can't remember what Mick did in the documentary. Did he take his shirt off when he exercised or do something zany? I can't recall now, but I remember thinking that, "When he does something strange like that, the others don't even raise an eyebrow anymore. They're so used to each other's eccentricities."Stevie once was talking about the new crop of young singers (i.e. Britney) and how they capitalize on shock value not realizing that the shock eventually wears off. Stevie said when you see a naked person often enough, you just stop looking up when they pass. That's how I feel about FM. They have seen each other do so many wacky things, that they become inured to it, even if they thought it was strange in the beginning. Probably by 1980 it was "yawn, that again?"

Michele
I totally agree!

They all seem to be pretty secure with themselves. In regards to Stevie showing up with the Spirit Catcher I doubt she thought "hum wonder what the guys will think of this? Karen do you think I should bring it or not..will they think I'm too weird?"
Besides this is the same woman who also showed up with a Billy Big Mouth singing fish!

He asked me for my love
And that was all