Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Destiny Rules doc setlist?

so i was watching DR today and noticed some of the songs that were listed on their rehearsal 'cork board' planner thing (for lack of more official words).

anyways, STORMS?

some others that didn't make it:
Monday Morning
Illume
and do my eyes deceive me: You Make Loving Fun (WTF?)

has this been discussed? i searched the threads and found nothing. my heart stopped for Beautiful Child, but can you imagine Storms? how do they come up with the setlist? some of the choices are pretty obvious, but what made FM choose BC over Storms? EOTW over Monday Morning? ideas?
Old 07-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmx
so i was watching DR today and noticed some of the songs that were listed on their rehearsal 'cork board' planner thing (for lack of more official words).

anyways, STORMS?

some others that didn't make it:
Monday Morning
Illume
and do my eyes deceive me: You Make Loving Fun (WTF?)

has this been discussed? i searched the threads and found nothing. my heart stopped for Beautiful Child, but can you imagine Storms? how do they come up with the setlist? some of the choices are pretty obvious, but what made FM choose BC over Storms? EOTW over Monday Morning? ideas?
First off let me say of they picked Monday Morning over EOTW I would have been so pissed. They finally NAILED EOTW on that tour. For years and years it never sounded right live but I think they finally made it sound awesome on the SYW tour.

I prefer BC over Storms and I don't think Storms would work live IMO.

I think YMLF was on there for Christine. I think that could have turned into like a little dedication to Christine type thing. I myself would have enjoyed because I like the song.

Illume sucks IMO. RTTG for 2 performances was great anyway and much better.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We have discussed it, maybe those posts were deleted when Marty "cleaned house" a few weeks ago.

I remember freaking about Storms & Illume too. How cool would those have been?!?!
Old 07-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really like Illume. I would prefer actually anything else off the Say You Will Album of Stevies instead of Illume. Even Silver Girl. Running Through the Garden should have stayed in the set. nuff' said.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I remember freaking about Storms & Illume too. How cool would those have been?!?!
I wouldn't have looked forward to hearing her drone Illume out of her throat live, but it would have definitely been interesting to hear the music live.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
We have discussed it, maybe those posts were deleted when Marty "cleaned house" a few weeks ago.

They would have been incredible. I'm still pissed not one of the four guitar players could play a dobro during Destiny Rules live. It's what makes that song. I mean good christ, Ray Lindsey could've played it.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 07-31-2005 at 10:56 PM..
Old 07-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
First off let me say of they picked Monday Morning over EOTW I would have been so pissed. They finally NAILED EOTW on that tour. For years and years it never sounded right live but I think they finally made it sound awesome on the SYW tour.
They actually nailed it on the Mirage tour, IMO when they were singing three part harmony by themselves.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I wouldn't have looked forward to hearing her drone Illume out of her throat live, but it would have definitely been interesting to hear the music live.
The acoustic version on the sofa would have translated very well to the acoustic part of their set, I thought. Althought I would have missed John's bass.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

John could have played some acoustic bass on it easily.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
They actually nailed it on the Mirage tour, IMO when they were singing three part harmony by themselves.
BLECH!

Sorry I despise that version. I really thought the SYW version was so perfect. Even if the backround singers were singing back-ups they sang it how I like it. LOVED IT!

Micks drum intro was very cool also!
Old 08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I love EOTW from the Mirage tour too. The only time I didn't think it was so great was on the Dance tour. Maybe that's why they only did it once or a few times.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
I love EOTW from the Mirage tour too. The only time I didn't think it was so great was on the Dance tour. Maybe that's why they only did it once or a few times.
Opening night only...just the one time. "Second Hand News" replaced it for the rest of the tour.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:20 PM
thepoetinmyhear
This message has been deleted by thepoetinmyhear.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I thought Eyes of the World on Live in Boston was awful!! Really, really dreadful.

Though they did a cracking Stand Back and Say Goodbye was better than on the album ... mostly because they slowed it down and you can actually hear what he's saying...

I first heard Beautiful Child on Live in Boston, I cried my eyes out if I remember correctly. Storms would have been amazing.

I'm really sorry they didn't do Everybody Finds Out on the setlist. It's my favourite on the album, I think live it would have sounded awesome.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have loved to hear Storms, Everybody Finds Out and Illume (acoustic) live, but without renouncing to Beautiful Child, my absolute favourite from SYW tour, together with Red Rover. What I've never understood is why they included in the first part of the tour 'What's The World Coming to', a total waste of concert space, for me.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 08-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed WTWCT on the tour. It was fun. I would have killed for storms or Seven Wonders on this tour. Maybe next time.

Matt