User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn_amanda View Post
I just don't understand it. Stevie seems so happy to tour and delighted Christine is back. Why would she not want to be part of the album?! It would be incredibly disappointing if she wasn't on it at all.
I think she just doesn't want to commit to another two years to Fleetwood Mac without a solo break in between.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If this ever happens .I know it will happen soon .I hope for a vinyl release for this old geezer.Heck with the digital versions.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think a large part of it is that Stevie wants a break...either to just unwind or do something solo. I think she's VERY aware of the fact that, with a new FM album in late 2016, there's going to be another lengthy tour in 2017 to A) promote said album, and B) celebrate the band's 50th anniversary. She just wants a breather.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I think a large part of it is that Stevie wants a break...either to just unwind or do something solo. I think she's VERY aware of the fact that, with a new FM album in late 2016, there's going to be another lengthy tour in 2017 to A) promote said album, and B) celebrate the band's 50th anniversary. She just wants a breather.
I just don't understand why it's so hard for her to just come out and say that. She just won't even comment on it either way - which is I think is what's frustrating a majority of her fans the most. I mean - that's a pretty understandable reason to want to take a little break.

Her silence vs. the rest of the band being super vocal about it makes it seem like there's something a little more dramatic happening.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
She just wants a breather.
Really? Their last date is on 11/22, less than 2 weeks away. They can all rest for the remainder of 2015 and also the first few months of 2016 before writing/recording continues.

It's not like the new album promo is set to start in January. At this point Stevie could record Vault part 2 and contribute 3 or 4 songs to the next FM album easily. The album could launch in late 2016 or early 2017.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Really? Their last date is on 11/22, less than 2 weeks away. They can all rest for the remainder of 2015 and also the first few months of 2016 before writing/recording continues.

It's not like the new album promo is set to start in January. At this point Stevie could record Vault part 2 and contribute 3 or 4 songs to the next FM album easily. The album could launch in late 2016 or early 2017.

I want Songs from the Vault part 2. It's the best thing she has done since the Wild Heart.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I want Songs from the Vault part 2. It's the best thing she has done since the Wild Heart.
Me too! as much as i love F/M i love Stevie more and want Vol 2 then TOUR both solo albums in the not too distant future.. just wishful thinking!! Probs not gonna happen
Old 11-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Me too! as much as i love F/M i love Stevie more and want Vol 2 then TOUR both solo albums in the not too distant future.. just wishful thinking!! Probs not gonna happen
me too.
i want songs from the vault 2
and she has MORE than enough material for that
and a solo tour.

if this new FM really is all (mostly) recorded
surely they could take Dec/Jan off.
fix it up in Feb/March
Stevie can record March/April/May
tour over the US summer/Aussie spring
FM can go on tour over the winter 2016
yaaaaaaaas.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Same here I've got my FM fix for now and would looove to see Stevie solo again. A Songs from the Vault 1 + 2 tour would be amazing. And then when I get really crazy, I imagine her doing a stripped back intimate show, with just her and her clunky piano. But yeah, that's *defs* not going to happen

(Sorry, forgot I was in a Rumours thread and got a little OTT on Stevie.)

Last edited by DoubtfulMiracle; 11-12-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Old 11-12-2015, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

please, NOT another SFV! I love Stevie, but really wish she would devote her creativity to a last-blast FM record. if for no other reason, Chris Mcvie harmony on a re-worked Space Needle
Old 11-12-2015, 09:24 AM

I'm voting she work with FM. Her material is always way better with them than her solo material.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:48 PM
dawn_amanda

Stevie is my favourite but I agree. This is probably the last opportunity for the five of them. It will be a real shame if she doesn't take it. I want SFTV2 but that can wait!
Old 11-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm voting she work with FM. Her material is always way better with them than her solo material.
Eh. Maybe that was true in the past, but compare TISL/IYD/24KG to SYW and the EP... Solo Stevie is better, in my opinion anyway.

I think the difference between touring and recording an album is simply... the songs on the tour already exist, she's happy enough to go out and perform them, but to share new material with Lindsey and open herself up to scrutiny and possible criticism? I just don't think she's interested in that.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie should use 4 of her best remaining Vault tracks towards a new FM Album.....
She still has plenty of material left for The Vaults 2.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...and those four tracks could be "China Doll", "Sanctuary", "Forest Of The Black Roses" and a studio version of "Fireflies". That would be one serious contribution.