Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
just thought of one more song I can listen to infinitely:

Okay... I couldn't resist... this always gives me the LOLs...

"Mullet with headlights." Loves it!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ gawd i love that.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered

^^^^^

Oh man, me too.

The whole thing is hilarious, but I always find myself particularly lol'ing when they are wrecking the dinner table and you hear someone shout, "YOU'RE MAKING IT WORRRRRRRSE!" in an anguished voice. Pure love.

My true favorite will always be the one for "White Wedding," though. STANDIN' BY CANDLES.

These will never not be funny.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm!

David Bowie - Sound and Vision
Christine McVie - Who's Dreaming This Dream
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Bitches Crystal
Fleetwood Mac - Bleed To Love Her
Foreigner - Tooth and Nail
Snowy White - Bird of Paradise
Guns N Roses - Get In The Ring
Hanoi Rocks - Tragedy
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
Tim Minchin - White Wine In The Sun
Chang Yu-Sheng - Xiang Di Ya
John Stewart - Midnight Wind

To name a few...
Old 09-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My Ever Changing Moods / The Style Council
I Just Wanna Stop / Gino Vannelli
I Want Your Love / Chic
Something Got Me Started / Simply Red
Cuts You Up / Peter Murphy
Strange Kind Of Love / Peter Murphy
Mirror To My Woman’s Mind / Peter Murphy
Gypsy / Fleetwood Mac
Go Insane (Live Dance Version)
Night Flight / Joe Sample
Ship Of Fools / Robert Plant
Don’t Stop The Dance / Bryan Ferry
Between You And Me / DC Talk
I Love The Nightlife / Alicia Bridges
No Time / The Guess Who
The Perfume Garden / The Chameleons U.K.

…and so many more
Old 09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're so like me
Old 09-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

^^^^^

Marissa, did you know that when Tori's muse unexpectedly goes out to get a hamburger, she plays that song?

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will never tire of the most badass Beach Boys song there ever was:

Pretty much haven't stopped listening to Hanson's "Give a Little" since I first heard it five months ago:

And just a few others!
"Let Us Love" - Needtobreathe
"Fans" - Kings of Leon
"Bleed to Love Her" - Fleetwood Mac
Old 09-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
^^^^^

Marissa, did you know that when Tori's muse unexpectedly goes out to get a hamburger, she plays that song?

I don't even have any words right now. I love how she takes the best parts of the song, which are, of course, the darkest parts (hey little girl, is your daddy home/ it's like you took a knife/ I've got a bad desire) and highlights them again and again. She's heaven. Thank you!!
You're so like me
Old 09-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Registered

^^^^^

So glad you liked it! I said it before in this thread, but I really love the way Tori does covers (though, oddly, I can't usually get into her versions of "Landslide," for some reason, but given all the previous sh*t covers of "Edge," I'd be really curious to hear what Miss T came up with for it. ). She has a real knack for being able to make them her own and make them amazing while still holding the original in high regard.

So much so that I can actually put several Tori covers on the list of things I can listen to forever:

Tori doing "Desperado." If I died while listening to that, the only thing I'd regret is that I'd never get to listen to it again. No joke.

Her absolutely gorgeous cover of Tom Waits' "Time." Waits is so...Waits, it's really difficult to do a song of his justice, but Tori does it very well. That particular version is extremely moving, coming as it did on Letterman's first day back after 9/11.

Her cover of Led Zep's "Whole Lotta Love" - OMFG is all I can ever say about that one. It is teh sex. Also, seriously, how cute is she? "Ho-lee, ho-lee, HO-LEEEE." You can hear a bit of "Thank You" at the end, but she also has an equally amazing full version of "Thank You," too. Beautiful.

And, of course, can't forget her cover of Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time." That always cracks me up, because when you listen to Britney do it, it's a mediocre pop song, but when Tori does it, it's somehow turned into a meditation on domestic violence... (For those unfamiliar with Tori, the Tash she refers to in the little monologue at the beginning is her young daughter).

I could go on. I heart Miss T so hard.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

700 times in a row and not get tired, alright it's worth a shot. I've pretty much already listened to these 700 times anyways. I'll only list a few for each cause I'll be rambling sh*t off all day.

Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child, Loco Mosquito, Fire Girl, Funtime, The Passenger

Deborah Harry - Sweet & Low (there's a lovely video for this that I've watched about 700 times as well in my lifetime. ), I Can See Clearly, Two Times Blue, The Fugitive

Heart - Sleep Alone, Bebe Le Strange, Safronia's Mark, What About Love, These Dreams, Wheels

Ramones - Life Goes On, Bop Til You Drop, Garden Of Serenity, Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio?

Blondie - Maria (also another video with probably 700 watches ), Forgive & Forget, Golden Rod, Angels On The Balcony, Heart Of Glass, What I Heard, D-Day

The Gun Club - Nobody's City, Carry Home, Sex Beat

Fleetwood Mac - No Questions Asked, Temporary One, Eyes Of The World (Live in Boston version), Gypsy, The Chain

Stevie Nicks - I Can't Wait, Rooms On Fire, The Nightmare, No Spoken Word, Fall From Grace
Old 12-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

R.E.M. - Country Feedback. One of my absolute favourite R.E.M. songs, especially the Perfect Square version. Although the lyrics take a lot to be deciphered, and considering how cryptic Michael is with his wordplay, once you pull a meaning out of the "randomness" for yourself, something special happens. At least with me anyway. The honeyed words pouring from his lips tell of all manner of personal frustrations I have been through, yet at the same time fill me with confidence that things are still there to be strived for. Peter Buck's awe inspiring guitar riff (reduced me to tears the first time I heard it) adds a delicious note to the song that takes me breath away each time. I can't help but sink into a personal reverie when I listen.

Racing Cars - They Shoot Horses, Don't They This has to be amongst my all time greats. It's one of those songs that you can't help but sing along to, and then suddenly realise through your own "mockery" how much there is to relate to. There's a definitive note of finality in the song, but at the same time the "protagonist" (for lack of a better word) has made the decision to see whatever will happen through. It's all gone wrong, but it would be a waste not to see it to its conclusion.

Fleetwood Mac - Silver Springs Okay. It's an obvious choice for me. But specifically, The Dance version is the one that inspires me the most. The lyrics are simple, yet beautiful. But it's the pace of the song that works to inspire me the most. from humble and seemingly resigned beginnings, the song gathers pace as though it's a Flower springing to life until it bursts into blossom with a beautiful crescendo triggered by full band participation. After a few awe inspiring moments of beauty whilst gazing at the flower painted with colours drawn from the beautifully scarred emotions being conveyed, it slips back into its bud and sinks into the ground again, leaving the audience yearning for another peek at the display.

Sarah McLachlan - Angels Somewhat of a cliche, I know. But the song was the first to tempt me towards Sarah and help guide me through my awkward teenage years. At my lowest ebb I could always listen to the song and picture in vivid detail my own fate should I let my abundant problems get the better of me. Thus helping me fight against an ending I refused to allow, no matter how much I longed for it in some moments.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post

Sarah McLachlan - Angels Somewhat of a cliche, I know. But the song was the first to tempt me towards Sarah and help guide me through my awkward teenage years. At my lowest ebb I could always listen to the song and picture in vivid detail my own fate should I let my abundant problems get the better of me. Thus helping me fight against an ending I refused to allow, no matter how much I longed for it in some moments.
For me, the song that gets me through times like that is True Colors by Cyndi Lauper, & I could never get sick of it!!

Right now, I've been listening to Black on Black II by Heart, and Frozen Love by Buckingham Nicks repeatedly !!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Right now, I've been listening to Black on Black II by Heart, and Frozen Love by Buckingham Nicks repeatedly !!
Without A Leg To Stand On is my repeated Buckingham Nicks song. I especially love the line "Nobody wants to keep you when you're in love with the game". The way Bucky sinks his teeth into that like is absolutely delicious.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post

Right now, I've been listening to Frozen Love by Buckingham Nicks repeatedly !!
I probably listened to Frozen Love "700 times"
while trying to learn it on guitar.