The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default If Lindsay HAD toured with FM for Tango...

What songs do you think would have been played?

Big Love, but probably a more faithful version

Little Lies

Seven Wonders

Everywhere

Isn't It Midnight

Family Man, even though I hate this song, it was a single. Then again, it was a huge flop, so maybe they wouldn't have played it.

Caroline

Tango in the Night could have replaced Not That Funny, since it had a long solo, too.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't imagine they'd have played Caroline- it doesn't have tremendous universal appeal (though I like it a lot). Perhaps Family Man would have been played as his 'signature acoustic song'. Playing it live could have helped its chart position. I think its a bit unfair to call it a flop as a single- it was released well down the line and didn't stand a great chance of charting highly by that stage (and lets face it, it doesnt exactly have 'hit single' written all over it from the outset).
Old 07-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=bwboy;1187741]What songs do you think would have been played?

Big Love, but probably a more faithful version

Little Lies

Seven Wonders

Everywhere

Isn't It Midnight

I think it would have been these songs only.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like to think that if Lindsey did the Tango tour, they would have played Hold Me and Gypsy.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BTM was so great live. I'd love to hear it with Lindsey. Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 07-16-2016 at 07:27 PM..
Old 07-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I like to think that if Lindsey did the Tango tour, they would have played Hold Me and Gypsy.
They did play Gypsy on the Tango tour.

They played 4 songs from Tango and I think if Lindsey was on the tour they would have added Big Love. The Mac usually does not do more than 4 -5 songs from any new album. They were away for so long, everyone would have wanted to hear the classics too.
I saw the tour early and they were not playing Everywhere yet. Little Lies was just released as a single when I saw them. I think I saw the 8th show of the tour or something.

More interesting is if Lindsey toured there would not be Stand Back or Has anyone ever written anything for you in the set. I think the Mac offered Stevie to do solo work because of the absence of Lindsey.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-16-2016 at 01:15 PM..
Old 07-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The band did Stand Back from The Dance up until Christine came back last year, so I bet they would have done it during the Tango tour. I know Lindsay was the one who requested most of the changes until he dropped out, such as adding another guitarist and the backup singers, so it wouldn't surprise me if he suggested Stevie add SB. I kind of suspect Stevie wouldn't have volunteered to sing one of her solo hits, especially if Lindsay were there.

I also find it very interesting that she sang Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You instead of Landslide.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish he stayed with them for the tour.I was bummed over that he was not with them for it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-17-2016, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The band did Stand Back from The Dance up until Christine came back last year, so I bet they would have done it during the Tango tour. I know Lindsay was the one who requested most of the changes until he dropped out, such as adding another guitarist and the backup singers, so it wouldn't surprise me if he suggested Stevie add SB. I kind of suspect Stevie wouldn't have volunteered to sing one of her solo hits, especially if Lindsay were there.

I also find it very interesting that she sang Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You instead of Landslide.
We just have a difference of opinion. Lindsey was not especially fond of Stevie's successful solo career especially in the mid 80's. FM kept Stand Back in the set because it became a staple in their live shows. I see Lindsey just continuing the tradition in those live shows in the Dance. It made sense to do it live when Christine left since Stevie was given more songs in the set. It gets a big crowd welcome and when the singers got to pick songs for the Dance, Stevie wanted to do Stand Back.
Rewind time: I just don't believe solo work would have been mentioned or offered if Lindsey had not left. I don't see Stevie telling the band she wants to do solo work in the concert especially if Lindsey is there.
Was it not Lindsey who axed Stand Back and solo stuff from the On With The Show tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-17-2016 at 04:45 AM..
Old 07-17-2016, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Was it not Lindsey who axed Stand Back and solo stuff from the On With The Show tour.
i don't think we ever heard who requested what for OWTS, but it wouldn't surprise me.

it kinda made sense that when they were missing one of the 3 songwriters, they had to fill in the setlist - whether it was Lindsey or Christine missing. when it was just BN fronting FM, all the rockers were Lindsey's - Stevie doesn't seem to have any rockers with FM. so that's the explanation i heard for Stevie wanting Stand Back in the set at the time.

now with all 3 songwriters back, it all balances out better, since Christine has a mix of different songs, including rockers.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-17-2016, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we actually agree more than you think, macfan. I can't see Stevie offering to sing one of her solo hits if Lindsay were there, but I could see him suggesting it to her, especially if he wanted to sing Go Insane, which he did for the Dance tour. I forgot that early on, even though he hadn't committed completely to touring for Tango, Lindsay did request several accommadations, such as the extra guitarist, percussionist, and backup singers I already mentioned, so maybe he wanted to bring one of his songs into the set and offered Stevie to bring one of hers in. Or yes, it's totally possible she made that decision once Lindsay dropped out. We'll never know unless they tell us.

I really wish when interviewers ask questions, they would skip the usual crap "what's it like working with your ex again after all these years," for example. How about, "whose idea was it to put Stand Back in the set" or "Lindsay, what's your favorite Christine song to perform live."
Old 07-17-2016, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think we actually agree more than you think, macfan. I can't see Stevie offering to sing one of her solo hits if Lindsay were there, but I could see him suggesting it to her, especially if he wanted to sing Go Insane, which he did for the Dance tour. I forgot that early on, even though he hadn't committed completely to touring for Tango, Lindsay did request several accommadations, such as the extra guitarist, percussionist, and backup singers I already mentioned, so maybe he wanted to bring one of his songs into the set and offered Stevie to bring one of hers in. Or yes, it's totally possible she made that decision once Lindsay dropped out. We'll never know unless they tell us.

I really wish when interviewers ask questions, they would skip the usual crap "what's it like working with your ex again after all these years," for example. How about, "whose idea was it to put Stand Back in the set" or "Lindsay, what's your favorite Christine song to perform live."
The only time I heard that question asked was from 1998 on the "Fanatic" MTV show where the Stevie fan asked " Was there any tension in the band for you to include solo work in a FM concert." Stevie said no and she was honored "THEY ASKED" her if she wanted to.
Lindsey left a vacuum in the band when he left right before a tour. I can see the band offering this to Stevie to fill that vacuum. In 1987 before the internet you had no idea what was in the set list. Every song was a surprise. The Tango tour was mixed with so many surprises. I was in shock when they did Stand Back especially when they also did HAWAFY. They did Buckingham Nicks "Don't let me down again". I was surprised they did Go Your Own Way without Lindsey. They did Blue Letter too.
I was partially outraged when they did Stand Back in 1987. I was like "Stevie, this is not your solo concert." I was relived when I heard Stevie say the band asked her first

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-17-2016 at 10:04 AM..
Old 07-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The only time I heard that question asked was from 1998 on the "Fanatic" MTV show where the Stevie fan asked " Was there any tension in the band for you to include solo work in a FM concert." Stevie said no and she was honored "THEY ASKED" her if she wanted to.
Lindsey left a vacuum in the band when he left right before a tour. I can see the band offering this to Stevie to fill that vacuum. In 1987 before the internet you had no idea what was in the set list. Every song was a surprise. The Tango tour was mixed with so many surprises. I was in shock when they did Stand Back especially when they also did HAWAFY. They did Buckingham Nicks "Don't let me down again". I was surprised they did Go Your Own Way without Lindsey. They did Blue Letter too.
I was partially outraged when they did Stand Back in 1987. I was like "Stevie, this is not your solo concert." I was relived when I heard Stevie say the band asked her first
I thought it was specifically Mick who asked her. Mick tagged along on some of the RAL dates, and I thought he liked the energy of the song and wanted it for a Fleetwood Mac show.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I thought it was specifically Mick who asked her. Mick tagged along on some of the RAL dates, and I thought he liked the energy of the song and wanted it for a Fleetwood Mac show.
No doubt Stand Back got the crowd into a frenzy especially on the 1990 tour. Stevie would egg on the fans and in Allentown, PA one guy jumped onto the stage and almost tackled Stevie completely. He grabbed her at the waist but luckily security got there to haul him off. Stevie never missed a beat. I have that concert on tape and hope to load it to youtube someday.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Registered

Lindsey not Lindsay

sorry i have ocd