Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Momma loves them and my sister worships the ground that Lindsey walks on We're a bit FM crazy in this residence. All 3 of us watched The Dance twice over the day it arrived, together
You Are Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
You Are Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I almost thought that this was a bit strange. I think it's cool that you have family members who like the Mac - but that's just so strange to me. None of my family likes Fleetwood Mac - except my Mom who has been a casual fan, but for a while now. My Dad doesn't like them (except for BATB, lol) and my brother doesn't like them but knows the words to songs because he hears them all the time.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My parents loved FM and Stevie when I was growing up so that's where my love of them came from and they're still fans today. And I've always made it no secret my love of Stevie and the way she's looked. I remember in Jr. High and HS every girl wanted Stevie's hair in the late 80's because it was so badass back then.

Last edited by fringed n fab; 05-05-2010 at 07:08 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, i'm sure we all know that my mom HATES the fact i love Stevie and FM. My dad is truly the one i can connect with regarding music. He shows actual interest in it. I remember showing him the BN LP, and he listened to it with me, and he kept gushing about Frozen Love. He makes a point about giving compliments to FM because he knows how much my mom hates them, and wants to kind of make it better. Honestly, he's just glad I love a band who's actually talented. We're the family's music nerds and we're proud.

My brother...tolerates it...
He's suffered through the DVDs, and CDs, and interviews.
Sometimes i'll catch him singing FM songs while he's doing homework or something. And if you ask him, my brother can tell you the whole story of how Stevie and Lindsey met, and how Stevie was a waitress and made Hamburger Helper and her cocaine addiction, and how she had an abortion...it's pretty scary.

As for my friends, they just live with it. I'm known as the music snob in my grade. "If you can impress Miranda with your music, you've gotten somewhere". LOL

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is well documented on here that my wife hates Fleetwood Mac with a passion - one day I might come home and find all my CDs donated to charity.

She hates Stevie most of all, the things she says about her are not printable here - but suffice to say that it usually revolves around Stevie's promiscuous ways, her desire to see Stevie fall off a stage, or Stevie's intelligence

While she doesn't particularly like FM at all she has been dragged along to two FM concerts plus a Stevie one (oh how she enjoyed that - NOT). She admires Lindsey for the fact that he puts his heart and soul into his music on stage, and that he works really hard - usually that is said with a comment about "that stupid b*tch just stands there looking like a sl*t)

She is most passionate in her hate for Stevie when Stevie turns her back to the audience to face Mick.

However, on the bright side, my mother (who is 60) has borrowed many of my FM cds, plus a lot of the solo stuff, especially Rick Vito, Billy Burnette, Bekka Bramlett and Peter Green. She has watched all of my DVDs, gone off to buy her own copies of things she likes, etc.

Even my Dad who is really only into Joan Baez or classical music, does actually like some Stevie stuff. My mother tends to have the same problems with him as I do with Melissa - if she plays a CD she likes he will complain about the "noise" and generally complain until she turns it off.

Hence both my mother and myself find it easier to listen to music on our iPods.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My Mom always calls me whenever she sees Stevie or Fleetwood Mac on TV or in print haha. I think Mom very much loves Stevie's persona, and likes the Mac's better known songs, but overall, they aren't her fav band. One of my Aunts just loves Stevie, and saw her in concert in the '80s.

My friends all kinda look at Stevie as an elder statesman haha. They adore her image, and sing along to some Fleetwood Mac songs when I play them, or they hear them on the radio. My friends all especially LOVE Tango... it was big when they were all in high school.

My wifey just LOVES Christine's voice, and style of music. He'll sing along to the '80s Mac and Stevie songs when he hears them, as again, it brings him back to being a teen in the '80s.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

My foster mom, Linda, is a fan of both the Mac & Stevie. Not like I am, but she's always up for watching a new DVD, etc. When she got her new 50" plasma TV, and we hooked it up to the Bose, she insisted we watch Soundstage again, since we now had a proper viewing method, haha. It was awesome. She remembers Rumours coming out, and has enjoyed the music since then. I took her to a Stevie solo show with her best friend, Heather, as well as my little sister a couple years ago, and she & Heather were both over the moon about it.

My sister is 5 years younger than I, and I flew her out from Seattle for that show, because I had second row seats, and she'd never been to an arena show before. She had heard of Stevie before the show, but that was about it - when we walked out after the concert, she turned to me and said something like, "Oh my god, I think I'm in love! She's amazing!" And then she dragged her boyfriend, her best friend, and her best friend's boyfriend to see the Mac on the Unleashed tour. They ALL ended up loving it. I was so proud, y'all. So proud.

Linda's younger brothers are both in love with Stevie. Danny was apparently extremely chagrined that I took Linda to that show instead of him, because "I love her more! You suck!" and Freddie spent a half an hour informing me that he was convinced all through the 80s that Stevie was singing only to him.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well I'm i pretty young Fleetwood Mac/Stevie fan. I'm only 17. I've heard their songs plenty of times before but the beginning of my obbsession and love of them started back in September.

My mom is pretty tolerant of my music and she doesn't really care.
My dad and stepmom like fleetwood mac. they aren't their favorite band, but my stepmom has The very best of Fleetwood Mac and my dad really likes the song tusk (He was in marching band ) My dad does think Stevie has a good voice, too.

My younger brother, sister, and my two best friends like them or at least tolerate them and just go along with my constant talking about them. My little sister informs me everytime she hears a stevie or mac song on the radio.

My one sister absolutly hates stevie and fleetwood mac. Well she hates every type of music i listen to, but i hate all her rap hip-hop or whatever it is she listens to. at least it's a mutual feeling
And finally my boyfriend tolerates it. he plays the guitar so he doesn't mind lindsey, but he finds it really easy to make fun of my stevie music

I don't really care what anyone thinks though because it's not going to stop me from loving all of them!!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My parents were jamming to the Mac while I was in the womb. They owned Rumours on vinyl, 8-track, cassette, and CD through the years. I knew every word to the White Album and Rumours by the time I could talk...lol!! When I was about three , in 1980, I was singing Gold Dust Woman at the top of my lungs in the back seat of our Gold Chevette..lol!!!

My parents still love the Mac/Stevie as much, or more, today. All of my friends love Fleetwood Mac, and best friend/cousin has the penguin and FM logo tatooed on her arm. I have listened to them with almost all of my boyfriends, and will NEVER marry someone who detests them..lol!!

We be lovin' us some Fleetwood Mac!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm not entirely sure what everyone thought about my love of FM post-Unleashed (15 Dec 2009), because I was thrashing their albums so much until about a month later, when I pretty much forced myself to renew my interests in other artists. (Listening to the radio, it seemed during that month after the tour that the only songs I could properly enjoy were either by FM or Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music. )
Mum's favourite concert ever is Unleashed - she was amazed at Lindsey's skill, and remarked that she didn't realise just how important he was to the band. Even after seeing Peace Train: The Cat Stevens Story by Darren Cooper, she commented that Unleashed was still really something else!
Dad tells me that he used to thrash a cassette of TITN he had (he's not sure where it is now). However, he seemed only mildly interested in my playing FM during that post-Unleashed month, and actually asked me if he could put on an album by The Doors while I was listening to Out Of The Cradle! (I was shattered, but I'm used to Dad not caring to listen to anything other than The Doors - something he's been at for the last... year, maybe? He didn't even worry about listening to Lou Reed's cover of "Solsbury Hill", which was his favourite song ever (at least Peter Gabriel's version) a few years ago.)
My stepdad David seems indifferent, although I remember him getting sick of listening to TVBOFM while we were driving around in New Zealand (although, admittedly, it was the only album I brought with me! ), and taking it out to instead listen to a generally bad radio station (the only good song I remember hearing on it was Tracy Chapman's "Talkin' 'bout A Revolution"). I was very sad when that happened, although all I did was go quiet basically...
And as for my 7yo sister Caitlin... well, she once commented that Christine McVie sounds like a boy... which is perhaps a permissible mistake, considering I always confused her and Lindsey for a long time (not helped by my misreading of "Monday Morning" as a Christine song on the liner notes or something... I'm not sure how I did that). Anyway, she went to a Kelly Clarkson concert last week, and her favourite singer is Hannah Montana, so I don't expect much from her...
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 05-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will honestly,they think I'm nuts.My mom liked her,she came with me on the Nicks-Henley tour in 2005 she had a blast.My freinds like FM and some of Stevies tunes they came to the Connecticut stops of 2009 Fleetwood Mac and Stevie's 2007-2008 CT stops.They had a ball at the shows.
I have not made an anouncement about this Foxwoods stop yet to them ,but I probably will by the time the tix go on sale.So I think I got them converted,but not like what I am.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
and will NEVER marry someone who detests them..lol!!
Believe me the problem starts when they don't hate FM when you marry them, but you annoy them so much with FM their hate develops!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mom has never been to crazy for 'em at all and just tolerates them (but she does admit that she did like Lindsey pre-haircut, which I do have to agree with her on lol). She's more of one for more bizarre bands, like Pink Floyd, Jetho Tull, and REM.

My dad is most definitely a fan and got me started on them when he told me to check out Go Your Own Way (still my favorite FM song to this day). He owns Rumours on vinyl (which I inherited), Tango in the Night on CD, and swore he either owned Tusk the album, or that the song Tusk was on Tango. Either way, he was the one that went with me to see them last year (see ticket in my avatar). Still, they are one of my favorite rock bands.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 05-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Ledgie

My parents tolerate my music. My Mom likes FM, but I wouldn't say she's a fan. My dad is the same way only he likes them a little less. My brother has rumours on his Ipod, but i'm pretty sure he only likes one or two of the songs (both Stevie), so he's not really a fan either.

My aunt introduced me to them, so of course she's a fan. She doesn't listen to them as much as I do, but she looooooves Stevie, and Identifies with a lot of her songs like I do.

I, of course, love all 3 members of Fleetwood Mac, and they kinda represent 3 elements of my personality (imaginary Stevie, imaginary Lindsey, etc.)

My dogs are absolutley obsessed with FM, and they're really starting to freak me out, building a shrine to Lindsey and such.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

My Husband doesn't quite get my love for all things Mac...but he tolerates it. My brother thinks it is silly, but he LOVES Dave Mathews and has seen him in concert about 10 times and plans on seeing him twice this summer so I don't know what his problem is... My Mom likes them and she has gone to see Stevie and Fleetwood Mac with me, and she knows how important they were to me when I was growing up. I guess you could say she appreciates how much they mean to me. My son...(he is 13) tolerates my obsession...but he really does like both Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. I took him to see them last spring and he now has a poster on his wall from that concert.
Now you know its not as bad as it seems..."