Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Did Stevie drop songs on her last tour?
Yes she did, but it was subtle. Leather and Lace was in there in the beginning and ultimately punted, although I can't figure out why. It was really well done. I feel like there was one more change too, but for the life of me, can't recall it.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure actually. What I saw, she played like 2 songs from the 24KG album and 2 from IYD if I'm remembering correctly. Those were the probably the 'least' known songs. All the other songs were her older, more well known ones. Oh and Crying in the Night. I don't know if the set list changed throughout the tour.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Yes she did, but it was subtle. Leather and Lace was in there in the beginning and ultimately punted, although I can't figure out why. It was really well done. I feel like there was one more change too, but for the life of me, can't recall it.
Oh I do know that. It was replaced by Landslide.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And with Stevie, I think she drops stuff that becomes more taxing on her voice as the tour goes on.
that would be interesting thought except it runs contrary to the facts. not all non-staple songs are taxing on her voice yet generally keep being dropped, while some staples are, yet keep staying in the set. Silver Springs has been a staple and is taxing on her voice, and while is dropped some shows it's generally always brought back during a tour. of course, now without LB it seem asinine to still have it in the set, but it's even more asinine to have the Chain in the set and you know they will.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-09-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
S&L Yanked their own songs out. I don't think Stevie will have any issue yanking someone else's song out if she looks out to the masses and sees empty seats LOL
Lindsey does not yank his songs out, staples or deep cuts.

on OWTS they did replace 1 each song for the Australian leg - IKINW came out and BTLH in, Sara replaced SOTM, and TAM replaced OMH.

however Seven Wonders was completely dropped during US leg already.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if i remember correctly, she had a really impressive deep cut / new releases setlist at first, with hardly any staples / FM hits. several not well known songs were eventually replaced by FM hits as the tour was going on, but i think even in the end it was pretty impressive setlist for her.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
if i remember correctly, she had a really impressive deep cut / new releases setlist at first, with hardly any staples / FM hits. several not well known songs were eventually replaced by FM hits as the tour was going on, but i think even in the end it was pretty impressive setlist for her.
She did a fantastic job of pulling the obscure stuff out. I loved her last tour. It was fantastic.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
She dropped Annabel Lee entirely (bummer) after a show or two and replaced Leather & Lace with Landslide (Not something that bothered me personally).

Outside the Rain/Dreams was replaced with Gypsy for a while before they were both added back to the set to replace New Orleans, with Gypsy remaining.

So yes, but still good for her with 8-9 non-staples (depending on your definition) persistent throughout.
1. Crying in the Night
2. Belle Fleur
3. Moonlight
4. If You Were My Love
5. Starshine
6. Gold & Braid
7. Enchanted (kind of a staple at this point but not a mainstream song)
8. Wild Heart
9. Bella Donna
10. New Orleans (replaced right at the end)
11. Annabel Lee (dropped)

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)

Last edited by Netter75; 06-09-2018 at 11:11 PM..
Old 06-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, Stevie has no aversion to doing obscure stuff, and the band has shown in a different era that they don’t have an aversion to playing obscure stuff. Then, the question still remains why people think she or the others will drop lesser known stuff when there’s nothing in their history to suggest that they will?

Oh Well, Rattlesnake Shake, Hypnotized, and Station Man are not really all that obscure, especially compared to what the Mac did with Rick Vito or what Stevie did on her last tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-10-2018, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, Stevie has no aversion to doing obscure stuff, and the band has shown in a different era that they don’t have an aversion to playing obscure stuff. Then, the question still remains why people think she or the others will drop lesser known stuff when there’s nothing in their history to suggest that they will?

Oh Well, Rattlesnake Shake, Hypnotized, and Station Man are not really all that obscure, especially compared to what the Mac did with Rick Vito or what Stevie did on her last tour.
It never ceases to amaze me, at how down you are with this new lineup.

You know this isn't 1987, right? Do you realize the attention span of the average person, now? 98% of people couldn't give AF about Station Man, or ANY of the other songs you listed. SURE, WE DO, but we're in the 2%, NOT the asses that they want in the freaking seats. Not the asses that are going to shell out big dough, en masse, for this debacle of a lineup.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But they aren't Stevie's songs. Stevie doing her OWN obscure stuff is one thing. Doing someone else's, when It may not be resonating with the people that are actually going to go--that's where I think she/they are going to be more prone to removing it.

BTW---I would love it if Christine put her foot down and INSISTED something from Buck Vie makes it's way into the set list!! LOL
Old 06-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey does not yank his songs out, staples or deep cuts.

on OWTS they did replace 1 each song for the Australian leg - IKINW came out and BTLH in, Sara replaced SOTM, and TAM replaced OMH.

however Seven Wonders was completely dropped during US leg already.

I was thinking of SYW when there was quite a bit of set list maneuvering in the beginning. And yes, the set list changes during OWTS--which I thought were great replacements.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Yes this was the overall setlist with all the changes:

Gold and Braid
If Anyone Falls
Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around
Belle Fleur
Gypsy (added to set 11/19/16)
Outside the Rain (dropped from 11/19/16 and resumed from 11/04/17)
Dreams (dropped from 11/19/16 and resumed from 11/04/17)
Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Annabel Lee (dropped from 11/04/2016)
Enchanted
New Orleans (dropped from 11/04/2017)
Starshine
Moonlight - A Vampire’s Dream
Stand Back
Crying in the Night
If You Were My Love
Gold Dust Woman
Edge of Seventeen
Rhiannon
Landslide (added to set 11/29/16)
Leather and Lace (dropped from 11/27/16)
Old 06-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was thinking of SYW when there was quite a bit of set list maneuvering in the beginning. And yes, the set list changes during OWTS--which I thought were great replacements.
yes. and it was always Stevie that couldn't deal with keeping her more obscure songs.

playing older / preBN era FM songs has nothing to do with Stevie because they don't affect her part of the FM setlist. and Stevie and Mick were insisting in the interviews that they cannot play more obscure songs because public will run for the bathrooms. yet now, they like to pretend those interviews (even from 2013 tour!) don't exist and the 2 of them were always the staunchest proponents of the obscure.

Stevie's last solo tour was the only one where she was finally bold with the setlist - good for he! maybe she continues on this Mac tour too and drops Rhiannon and Dreams in favor of her deeper FM cuts.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BTW---I would love it if Christine put her foot down and INSISTED something from Buck Vie makes it's way into the set list!! LOL
yes! but you know she won't. she would have left the band already after the sh*t they pulled to Lindsey if she was not walking on eggs in this band since she re-joined.

i was really happy that she / they added Think About Me in Australia and that she and Lindsey added Hold Me at the BuckVie tour.

Hold Me was the song they supposedly kept trying to add to the set for OWTS and some previous tours and could never make it work. yet for BuckVie they had no problem whatsoever to make it work! wonder what the problem was in FM? before they threw out Lindsey i was sure Hold Me will be on 2018 FM setlist. i have no idea now, not that i even care. i would definitely not be able to listen to that song live if Neil is singing it with her, like it may happen.