The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 02-20-2019, 10:27 AM
kak125's Avatar
kak125 kak125 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,913
Default

Just updated today:

6 Fleetwood Mac Pepsi Center Denver, Colo. Jan. 31, 2019 $1,652,308 13,511 /
13,511 1 / 1 $195, $65
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-04-2019, 10:23 AM
kak125's Avatar
kak125 kak125 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,913
Default

13 Fleetwood Mac American Airlines Center Dallas, Texas Feb. 7, 2019 $2,370,345 14,434 /
15,237 1 / 0 $224.50, $144.50, $94.50, $64.50 Live Nation

17 Fleetwood Mac Frank Erwin Center Austin, Texas Feb. 9, 2019 $2,001,664 13,174 /
13,174 1 / 1 $199.50, $69.50 Live Nation
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 534
Default

Pollstar has them ranked # 9 in the list of top twenty tours now.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-05-2019, 09:20 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,941
Default

I believe they were between #1 and #2 when Christine returned. 2014/2015
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-05-2019, 03:48 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I believe they were between #1 and #2 when Christine returned. 2014/2015
How could they not be, though. It WAS the full classic lineup.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-12-2019, 07:30 AM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 534
Default

As of checking Pollstar today, the band is now in the top five highest grossing tours.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-18-2019, 03:42 PM
kak125's Avatar
kak125 kak125 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,913
Default Fleetwood Mac's North American Tour On Track to Sell 1 Million Tickets

The absence of Lindsey Buckingham has not hurt the band's latest tour, which has at least 10 shows with grosses over $2 million.
Fleetwood Mac is on track to gross more than $100 million on the North American leg of their 2018/2019 tour with venues across the country reporting grosses between $1.5 to $2 million per show powered by a new generation of fans who have embraced the legendary group and its deep catalog of No. 1 hits.

Couple their success in North America with a fall international run for the band in the U.K., Germany, Australia and New Zealand, and the Mac's 75-plus date tour is shaping up to be one of the top tours on Billboard's year-end Boxscore chart. Not bad for a group that is touring without key member Lindsey Buckingham, who left the band (he told Rolling Stone he was "fired") last year over disagreements about its touring plans -- Buckingham reportedly wanted to spend most of 2019 on a solo tour, while the band wanted to get back on the road together sooner).

After a brief impasse, the group announced they were going on tour without Buckingham, but with Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Crowded HouseĎs Neil Finn standing in for the guitarist and singer.

"When Lindsey left the band, none of us had any expectations good or bad -- it was more about continuing Fleetwood Mac," the group's co-manager Carl Stubner tells Billboard. "We had about a month to put the tour together and get it on sale, without any assets or pictures of the new lineup. Thankfully, it started doing well from the beginning."

Positive press from the band's first show on the tour at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma followed by a monster show at the United Center in Chicago that grossed more than $2.2 million, giving the tour the momentum it needed. More than ten dates on the tour have passed the $2 million mark in ticket sales, including the band's Dallas show at American Airlines Center (Feb. 7) and their Tacoma Dome (Nov. 17) concert, which each grossed $2.34 million in sales in front of 18,828 fans in Washington and 14,357 fans in Dallas.

The band's tour stops at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas (Nov. 30), Capitol One Arena in Washington (March 5), Amalie Arena in Tampa (Feb 18) and Golden 1 Center in Sacramento (Nov. 23) all grossed more than $2 million in ticket sales, as did shows in Toronto, Nashville and Charlotte.

"The tour is playing to sold out arenas every night and I love walking thru the crowds, seeing generations of longtime fans dancing and singing along to their favorite songs," the band's co-manager Sheryl Louis told Billboard in a statement. "What Iíve noticed on this tour specifically is so many younger fans, who are equally as enthusiastic, seeing the band live for the first time and loving it," adding that Campbell and Finn's work in the band has "brought tremendous energy to the shows that both the band and the audience can feel. In the long history of Fleetwood Mac, these are honestly some of their best shows yet."

Most of the acrimony between the two sides has been settled, Stubner said, and the band wished Buckingham a speedy recovery following heart surgery in February.

"And it was a hard divorce and emotional because we love Lindsey, but we made the best out of a bad situation," Stubner tells Billboard. "The show has done well in the big markets and the smaller markets like Sacramento and Birmingham, Alabama. And not just selling tickets, but merchandise -- t-shirt sales have increased considerably from any other tour we've done."

Stubner said the uptick is being fueled by a younger demographic of fans, including teenagers attending the tour with their parents and older millennials enjoying a night out with friends.

"They learned about the band from their parents, and then they dug a little deeper" Stubner says. "There's a hunger for bands with deep catalogs and I see a lot of young people coming to the shows in search of this music they've built a deep connection with. And maybe that's why we have been able to do so well without Lindsey, because it's really about the collective and the show itself. They're coming out for the band."

Fleetwood Mac plays Madison Square Garden tonight in New York. Visit fleetwoodmac.com for a complete list of shows remaining on tour.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...illion-tickets

Last edited by kak125; 03-18-2019 at 06:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-18-2019, 05:51 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,007
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
The absence of Lindsey Buckingham has not hurt the band's latest tour, which has at least 10 shows with grosses over $2 million.
Fleetwood Mac is on track to gross more than $100 million on the North American leg of their 2018/2019 tour with venues across the country reporting grosses between $1.5 to $2 million per show powered by a new generation of fans who have embraced the legendary group and its deep catalog of No. 1 hits.

Couple their success in North America with a fall international run for the band in the U.K., Germany, Australia and New Zealand, and the Mac's 75-plus date tour is shaping up to be one of the top tours on Billboard's year-end Boxscore chart. Not bad for a group that is touring without key member Lindsey Buckingham, who left the band (he told Rolling Stone he was "fired") last year over disagreements about its touring plans -- Buckingham reportedly wanted to spend most of 2019 on a solo tour, while the band wanted to get back on the road together sooner).

After a brief impasse, the group announced they were going on tour without Buckingham, but with Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Crowded HouseĎs Neil Finn standing in for the guitarist and singer.

"When Lindsey left the band, none of us had any expectations good or bad -- it was more about continuing Fleetwood Mac," the group's co-manager Carl Stubner tells Billboard. "We had about a month to put the tour together and get it on sale, without any assets or pictures of the new lineup. Thankfully, it started doing well from the beginning."

Positive press from the band's first show on the tour at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma followed by a monster show at the United Center in Chicago that grossed more than $2.2 million, giving the tour the momentum it needed. More than ten dates on the tour have passed the $2 million mark in ticket sales, including the band's Dallas show at American Airlines Center (Feb. 7) and their Tacoma Dome (Nov. 17) concert, which each grossed $2.34 million in sales in front of 18,828 fans in Washington and 14,357 fans in Dallas.

The band's tour stops at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas (Nov. 30), Capitol One Arena in Washington (March 5), Amalie Arena in Tampa (Feb 18) and Golden 1 Center in Sacramento (Nov. 23) all grossed more than $2 million in ticket sales, as did shows in Toronto, Nashville and Charlotte.

"The tour is playing to sold out arenas every night and I love walking thru the crowds, seeing generations of longtime fans dancing and singing along to their favorite songs," the band's co-manager Sheryl Louis told Billboard in a statement. "What Iíve noticed on this tour specifically is so many younger fans, who are equally as enthusiastic, seeing the band live for the first time and loving it," adding that Campbell and Finn's work in the band has "brought tremendous energy to the shows that both the band and the audience can feel. In the long history of Fleetwood Mac, these are honestly some of their best shows yet."

Most of the acrimony between the two sides has been settled, Stubner said, and the band wished Buckingham a speedy recovery following heart surgery in February.

Neil Finn of Crowded House performs on stage during the 'Encore' tour at Sydney Opera House on Nov. 24, 2016 in Sydney, Australia.
READ MORE
In Wake of NZ Mosque Massacre, Neil Finn Leaves Social Media, Says It's Enabled 'Hateful Ideology'
"And it was a hard divorce and emotional because we love Lindsey, but we made the best out of a bad situation," Stubner tells Billboard. "The show has done well in the big markets and the smaller markets like Sacramento and Birmingham, Alabama. And not just selling tickets, but merchandise -- t-shirt sales have increased considerably from any other tour we've done."

Stubner said the uptick is being fueled by a younger demographic of fans, including teenagers attending the tour with their parents and older millennials enjoying a night out with friends.

"They learned about the band from their parents, and then they dug a little deeper" Stubner says. "There's a hunger for bands with deep catalogs and I see a lot of young people coming to the shows in search of this music they've built a deep connection with. And maybe that's why we have been able to do so well without Lindsey, because it's really about the collective and the show itself. They're coming out for the band."

Fleetwood Mac plays Madison Square Garden tonight in New York. Visit fleetwoodmac.com for a complete list of shows remaining on tour.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...illion-tickets
Perfect - just in case anyone is still wondering where the refreshing reenergized text of some of the reviews and bs about LB not wanting to tour came from - Sheryl and Carl. Love love love love this article! Especially in the light of Muck and Chris interviews that came out the same day where they went off Sheryl/Carl script and completely corroborated Lindseyís story while make themselves look like lying liars they are.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-02-2019, 02:40 PM
kak125's Avatar
kak125 kak125 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,913
Default

28 Fleetwood Mac Times Union Center Albany, N.Y. $1,545,428 11,636 /
11,636 1 / 1 $225.50, $145.50, $95.50, $65.50 Live Nation
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-02-2019, 02:53 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Perfect - just in case anyone is still wondering where the refreshing reenergized text of some of the reviews and bs about LB not wanting to tour came from - Sheryl and Carl. Love love love love this article! Especially in the light of Muck and Chris interviews that came out the same day where they went off Sheryl/Carl script and completely corroborated Lindsey’s story while make themselves look like lying liars they are.
HAHA it's nearly verbatim what Mick and others have been quoted as saying. What a joke!

And I have news for them, the younger fans have been there for a long time. This isn't some new thing caused by a new lineup.

"There's a hunger for bands with deep catalogs" - Meanwhile they've cut the majority of deep catalog tracks from the set. Probably what they meant was "deep catalog of hits" aka...there's a hunger for jukebox tours.

"There's a market for folks who don't know who is in or out of the band and only care to hear the hits" is really what they are trying to say politely.

Again, I just don't get the whole point. Big victory lap for Fleetwood Mac - they pulled off another greatest hits tour for the third time in 6 years, this time minus a key member. Just like every other classic rock band touring with an augmented lineup. Again, who is going to give a sh*t in five years.
__________________

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-02-2019 at 02:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-02-2019, 04:19 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,967
Default

"When Lindsey left the band, none of us had any expectations good or bad -- it was more about continuing Fleetwood Mac," the group's co-manager Carl Stubner tells Billboard. "We had about a month to put the tour together and get it on sale, without any assets or pictures of the new lineup. Thankfully, it started doing well from the beginning."

really?? They were shown doing a new group photo shoot back in the CBS interview..... yet they continued deliberately NOT to use pics of the new line instead continuing to market the tour with old pics including LB. Total PR spin.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
HAHA it's nearly verbatim what Mick and others have been quoted as saying. What a joke!

And I have news for them, the younger fans have been there for a long time. This isn't some new thing caused by a new lineup.

"There's a hunger for bands with deep catalogs" - Meanwhile they've cut the majority of deep catalog tracks from the set. Probably what they meant was "deep catalog of hits" aka...there's a hunger for jukebox tours.

"There's a market for folks who don't know who is in or out of the band and only care to hear the hits" is really what they are trying to say politely.

Again, I just don't get the whole point. Big victory lap for Fleetwood Mac - they pulled off another greatest hits tour for the third time in 6 years, this time minus a key member. Just like every other classic rock band touring with an augmented lineup. Again, who is going to give a sh*t in five years.
Agreed. In 5 years or more most people won't care or even remember this tour and or this lineup. What FM did was no different then other bands like Styx, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Chicago etc have done which is playing the hits to mostly indifferent people who just want the hits they know and love. When the band finally retires it will not be this lineup that people remember.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-06-2019, 06:38 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Agreed. In 5 years or more most people won't care or even remember this tour and or this lineup. What FM did was no different then other bands like Styx, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Chicago etc have done which is playing the hits to mostly indifferent people who just want the hits they know and love. When the band finally retires it will not be this lineup that people remember.
Very true. But I don't think they care especially at their age. Part of them probably do want to make new music but how can they pass up such large amounts of money to play the hits over and over no matter what the line up is. There are a few artists like Bruce who have chosen to do small theaters and play to core fans with songs only they would know. This makes me admire the Buck/Vie tour so much. Chris and Lindsey did not do that tour for the money because while profitable they were not making millions. They did it for the love of their craft.

On another note, this tour will be one of their most successful ever (sorry to the haters who flamed me for knowing it would happen). The masses don't care who is singing Monday Morning or Go Your Own Way as long as Stevie is backing them up.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-07-2019, 02:33 AM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
On another note, this tour will be one of their most successful ever (sorry to the haters who flamed me for knowing it would happen). The masses don't care who is singing Monday Morning or Go Your Own Way as long as Stevie is backing them up.
Remembered forever as sellouts and traitors to a friend and architect of their sound. What a legacy. Sad ending.
__________________
And then she became my eccentric, old Auntie Stevie.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-07-2019, 07:45 AM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Very true. But I don't think they care especially at their age. Part of them probably do want to make new music but how can they pass up such large amounts of money to play the hits over and over no matter what the line up is. There are a few artists like Bruce who have chosen to do small theaters and play to core fans with songs only they would know. This makes me admire the Buck/Vie tour so much. Chris and Lindsey did not do that tour for the money because while profitable they were not making millions. They did it for the love of their craft.

On another note, this tour will be one of their most successful ever (sorry to the haters who flamed me for knowing it would happen). The masses don't care who is singing Monday Morning or Go Your Own Way as long as Stevie is backing them up.

I still find this so strange. They play here April 11th, and they are 50-60% sold, which doesn't include the secondary ticket companies like LiveNation that are advertising their tickets everywhere as well. I keep getting Ticketmaster emails every few hours saying "get your tickets fast," which I won't be doing, but they seem in desperation mode to try and sell this concert.

Last tour, they sold out in a few hours.

It's a sad sad situation. Esp for Rumours 5 fans.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED RUMOURS LP VINYL RECORD ALBUM MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE +JSA COA
$399.99
FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED RUMOURS LP VINYL RECORD ALBUM MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE +JSA COA pictureFLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD + CHRISTINE MCVIE SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM
$299.99
FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD + CHRISTINE MCVIE SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picturePress Photo Musician Christine McVie - sap15726
$17.97
Press Photo Musician Christine McVie - sap15726 picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495
$16.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved